Gazelle Trade-in FAQ and Discussion Thread

RedGamer

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
Gazelle.com

As the weeks have gone by, I have noticed discussion of Gazelle.com trade-in's within the Amazon Trade-in thread. I have decided to take it upon myself to create a thread solely for the purpose of discussing Gazelle.com and posting information pertaining to it.

This post will be updated to look.. spiffier with a full-fledged FAQ within a day or two, when I find the time.

For now, I'll list some basic information about Gazelle.com.

Credit Increases:

+5% Amazon Gift Card TIV: When trading in at Gazelle.com, if you choose Amazon Gift Card as your payment method, you will receive 5% more for your trade-in's.

Promotional Codes (entered during Checkout) ALL CODES ARE ONE-USE PER ACCOUNT, DO NOT STACK:
gazellebonuscode.jpg

*Credit to no_exit for above picture.

Flipping to Gazelle

Flipping refers to buying items at one place and trading in or selling them elsewhere at a profit (however, sometimes it is done to transfer credit from one place into credit at another or pure cash.)

FAQ

Q) What is Gazelle.com?

A) Gazelle.com is a site where one can trade in items ranging from Electronics to Video Games to Cell phones.

Q) Are there TIV's any good?

A) Some of their TIV's are -very- good, some are average and, like any other trade-in site or establishment, some trade-in values are poor.

However, from my experience and from the experience of other CAG members, I'd say the TIV's are above-average. Especially when one takes into account promotional codes or the +5% Amazon Gift Card TIV. To note, they seem to match Amazon.com's trade-in values on video games. However, they lag behind by around a day or two. So if a value plummets on Amazon, you can still lock it in at Gazelle.

Q) Is Gazelle.com a reliable place to trade-in games?

A) Many members of CAG have used Gazelle for trading in un-needed items and have had good experiences.

TIMING

Q) How long do I have to send in my items?
A) You have 30 days to get your item postmarked according to Gazelle. Don’t always wait because they won’t want to continue to offer 30 days if everyone takes that long & your post office may not want to send your stuff out.

Q) What happens if I send the item after 30 days?
A) You get the TIV as of that day.

Q) How long does it take to ship to Gazelle?
A) From West Coast up to 3-8+ days, usually about 6. From East Coast about the same, though frequently a day or two faster.

Q) How long does it take them to verify the item’s condition?
A) A few days, but can take longer.

Q) How long does it take to receive Paypal/AMZ credit email after item is approved?
A) Usually 1-4 days, but can take up to 10.

Q) I submitted a game but it did not show up on gazelle or email me...
A) It can take up to 24 hours for it to show up, but it's usually less than a minute.

SHIPPING

Q) Who pays to ship to Gazelle?
A) Gazelle pays.

Q) Do they give you a box?
A) If you want one but only for orders that have ~3-6 games (forget exact amount), they will mail you a priority mail box (but they give you parcel post label…). The box will arrive in ~3 days-1.5 weeks.

Q) Why did I get an email saying I’ll get a box when I did not request one?
A) When you delete games from a large order it will then default to giving you a box. Just un-request it.

Q) Can I cancel a shipment after I get a box?
A) Yes, but don’t abuse this or face possible sanction.

Q) Does Gazelle insure your shipment?
A) They claim they do, but no one has run into this problem yet.

Q) Shipping label does not fit on box, what do I do?
A) Set your printer to print 5x8 postcard and this will work fine & fit bubble mailers.

Q) Should I open my games before sending in if they’re new?
A) Does not matter.

Q) Why was it delivered to Cockeysville instead of Hunt Valley, MD?
A) They get them shipped to both of these addresses, which are streets away from each other.

WHAT TO INCLUDE/CONDITION

Q) Do I need to send the instruction manual?
A) No, but again don’t send everything without manuals if you want this policy to stay the same.

Q) Can I print out my own cover art or use generic?
A) Yes, possibly YMMV, again don’t abuse, and try to send cover art that has UPC label that matches the UPC for the game. To check this punch the UPC into Amazon searchbox.

Q) Will they take games without UPC Label on artwork and still give you full value?
A) Yes, YMMV though, as 2 people had this work but both sent in sealed games.

Q) Can I use a generic case?
A) YMMV, again don’t abuse.

Q) How picky are they over game condition?
A) Less picky than Amazon.

MISCELLANEOUS

Q) If I reject the new TIV they give me who pays to ship it back?
A) You do.

Q) How does Amazon credit get sent?
A) You will get a redeemable code much like an Xbox Live or PSN network DLC code. You just redeem that as a gift card on Amazon.

Q) Can I cancel games that I submitted on their site?
A) Yes, you can cancel games individually without the values of the others affected.
*credit to J7.

TC Notes: Please post about your experiences with Gazelle or anything else you think should be added to this post, I'm always up for more information. I apologize for not keeping it as up to date as I should.

~Thanks, RedGamer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Strange, sent in a trade some time ago, was accepted and it says Amazon gift card deposited on Apr-12th. However, it's not showing up when I log into my Amazon account. This is not my first trade with them and previously, I've had the GC deposited in time (but that was some months ago).

Just wondering if anyone else having something similar happen recently?

[quote name='estofan']Strange, sent in a trade some time ago, was accepted and it says Amazon gift card deposited on Apr-12th. However, it's not showing up when I log into my Amazon account. This is not my first trade with them and previously, I've had the GC deposited in time (but that was some months ago).

Just wondering if anyone else having something similar happen recently?[/QUOTE]

Check your e-mail. The trades I sent in, they sent me an e-mail with a code to redeem a gift certificate at Amazon.com. They don't add it directly to your account.

[quote name='Estebon']Should I send in some new games I got sealed, or open them? Also, will they return them like Amazon if they reject them?[/QUOTE]

yes they will be returned, but they seem to take their sweet time with returns, so you might have to wait awhile.

I was informed that 2 of my ds games were being rejected and being sent back to me. Little under 2 weeks later they informed me that they "accidently" recycled it, so they issued me my money anyway. Works for me :bouncy:

ok can anyone tell me why amazon NOR gazelle is accepting trade in's of Final Fantasy 13 for 360?

wtf?

edit: nvm amazon finally put it up

[quote name='RedGamer']I always thought they -emailed- you the Amazon gift card. I could be wrong.[/QUOTE]

Just to reconfirm: I received my Amazon gift card through email.

[quote name='knightsdwn']I am extremely pleased with Gazelle. Shipped my games out on the 13th and got my Amazon gift card today, the 17th.

They really put the Amazon / Nor-Am guys to shame with their quick payouts.[/QUOTE]

How is that? Noram/Amazon pays nearly always the day they receive, or at the latest the next day. Gazelle isn't too bad but they do generally take 3-5 days (on top of shipping time, of course).

I had a box received by Gazelle on Wedneday and got the credit today (Fri). That's not bad (and is in fact a new record for them giving me credit after receipt) so I'm not complaining, but they hardly put NorAm/Amazon to "shame" when they usually take 0-1 days from receipt.

But here was the timeline for me: shipped on the 9th, received on the 15th, Amazon gift card emailed on the 17th. Like I said, no complaints, as I'd never get 4-day service from either place given the shipping times from the west coast ;).

Also, as usual I got a code to redeem on Amazon for my credit (to chime in with the others here). They've never direct-deposited it. NorAm does that though.

[quote name='io']How is that? Noram/Amazon pays nearly always the day they receive, or at the latest the next day. Gazelle isn't too bad but they do generally take 3-5 days (on top of shipping time, of course).

I had a box received by Gazelle on Wedneday and got the credit today (Fri). That's not bad (and is in fact a new record for them giving me credit after receipt) so I'm not complaining, but they hardly put NorAm/Amazon to "shame" when they usually take 0-1 days from receipt.

But here was the timeline for me: shipped on the 9th, received on the 15th, Amazon gift card emailed on the 17th. Like I said, no complaints, as I'd never get 4-day service from either place given the shipping times from the west coast ;).
[/QUOTE]

I should have also referred to the speed Gazelle receives, checks and approves the games. I shipped both packages on the same day to generally the same region of the country. Gazelle has already sent me my Amazon gift card while NorAm / Amazon is still stating that they haven't received my games although the tracking says otherwise.

[quote name='knightsdwn']I should have also referred to the speed Gazelle receives, checks and approves the games. I shipped both packages on the same day to generally the same region of the country. Gazelle has already sent me my Amazon gift card while NorAm / Amazon is still stating that they haven't received my games although the tracking says otherwise.[/QUOTE]

But that's exactly what I meant. Gazelle usually takes 3-5 days to receive, check, generate credit while Amazon/NorAm usually takes 0 days. Your situation with both is unusual. Amazon has never taken more than 1 day except for one time I didn't send everything from the order in (and then it took about 4 days) and I must have sent 20 packages there. I hadn't sent anything to Gazelle recently until last week and the processing times for those were 4 and now just 2 days, which is great. When I sent stuff to them several months ago it took 2-3 weeks for them to process it so they have definitely improved. It's just impossible for them to beat NorAm's 0-day processing ;).

On the other hand, the USPS Parcel post shipping seems to be 1-2 days faster than UPS, so Gazelle does get my stuff a bit faster. The overall process comes out pretty even with the longer processing at Gazelle.

Let me reiterate my "dueling" packages scenario:

Package #1 sent via UPS to Amazon/Noram on April 9th: received (verified via tracking) at 10:13 AM on April 16th. Credit doled out (according to the email they sent) at 12:20 PM. Given the time difference, that means they took a total of about 5 hours from delivery to checkout to credit deposited directly to my Amazon account.

Package #2 sent via USPS Parcel Post to Gazelle on April 9th: received (verified via DC #) at 10:42 AM on April 15th. Email with Amazon credit voucher sent out at 3pm on April 17th - two full days (and 7 hours ;)) after receipt.

Like I said, 2 days is excellent compared to my past Gazelle experiences, but the same-day receipt/processing by NorAm is pretty standard. Still, I wish I had saved more for Gazelle as what scared me off of them when I first started submitting trades a few weeks back was their super-long (in the past) processing times. I much prefer their 5% Amazon bonus and PayPal options though and with their much improved processing and 30-day delivery allowance they are overall a better option.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='io']But that's exactly what I meant. Gazelle usually takes 3-5 days to receive, check, generate credit while Amazon/NorAm usually takes 0 days. Your situation with both is unusual. Amazon has never taken more than 1 day except for one time I didn't send everything from the order in (and then it took about 4 days) and I must have sent 20 packages there. I hadn't sent anything to Gazelle recently until last week and the processing times for those were 4 and now just 2 days, which is great. When I sent stuff to them several months ago it took 2-3 weeks for them to process it so they have definitely improved. It's just impossible for them to beat NorAm's 0-day processing ;).[/QUOTE]

I've just recently gotten into the whole internet trade in scene so my experience may just be a fluke. Either way, I'm sure NorAm will send me my money in the very near future and it's good to hear that Gazelle has stepped up their processing time. It's always great to have more than one alternative to get easy money from :).

I think I've figured out why Gazelle's processing time it so much better than before. Previously, they used to handle the processing themselves. I was wondering why the address changed but didn't think much of it at first.

But then someone pointed me to this site:
http://ebay.eztradein.com/ebay/

which doles out PayPal for trade-ins as well. I submitted a certain Fab Four game there (as it still gets $20 at this place) and the address is exactly the same as Gazelle's. Not only that, but the label I printed says it is going to "Best Buy Video Games Trade-In Center". So that pretty much solves that - Gazelle is so much speedier now because they use the same processor Best Buy uses. Interesting...

Just had another sucessful trade today. I sent three sealed games for $27. I'm starting to really dig this place since their trade in values are similar to Amazon's and I can get cash (paypal). It's less hassle then ebay and amazon marketplace so unless their trade in values drop this is where I will be doing buisness in the future. I have traded in 18 games so far.

My package seems to be in USPS hell:

Your item was forwarded to a different address at 4:29 AM on April 20, 2010 in BALTIMORE, MD 21215. This was because of forwarding instructions or because the address or ZIP Code on the label was incorrect. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

Detailed Results:
spacer.gif
bullet_circle.gif
Forwarded, April 20, 2010, 4:29 am, BALTIMORE, MD
bullet_circle.gif
Missent, April 20, 2010, 4:29 am
bullet_circle.gif
Arrival at Post Office, April 20, 2010, 3:51 am, BALTIMORE, MD 21215
bullet_circle.gif
Processed through Sort Facility, April 18, 2010, 1:14 pm, CAPITOL HEIGHTS, MD 20790
bullet_circle.gif
Processed through Sort Facility, April 17, 2010, 5:11 am, WARRENDALE, PA 15095
bullet_circle.gif
Processed through Sort Facility, April 14, 2010, 5:50 am, FEDERAL WAY, WA 98003
bullet_circle.gif
Electronic Shipping Info Received, April 14, 2010

Amazon/NorAm is usually faster for me. The last trade I made there was sent in on the 12th and the credit was deposited into my account on the 16th.

I sent a package to Gazelle on the 13th and it has not even been accepted yet so I am probably looking at around (at least) 3 days before I'll get my Amazon gift card. I like Gazelle and usually send my games there but, at least from where I am in the country (WI), it always seems a bit slow. I'm also slightly nervous about sending in 9 copies of one game but those fears seem unfounded from what others here have experienced with multiple copies.

[quote name='h2dk']My package seems to be in USPS hell:

Your item was forwarded to a different address at 4:29 AM on April 20, 2010 in BALTIMORE, MD 21215. This was because of forwarding instructions or because the address or ZIP Code on the label was incorrect. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

Detailed Results:
spacer.gif
bullet_circle.gif
Forwarded, April 20, 2010, 4:29 am, BALTIMORE, MD
bullet_circle.gif
Missent, April 20, 2010, 4:29 am
bullet_circle.gif
Arrival at Post Office, April 20, 2010, 3:51 am, BALTIMORE, MD 21215
bullet_circle.gif
Processed through Sort Facility, April 18, 2010, 1:14 pm, CAPITOL HEIGHTS, MD 20790
bullet_circle.gif
Processed through Sort Facility, April 17, 2010, 5:11 am, WARRENDALE, PA 15095
bullet_circle.gif
Processed through Sort Facility, April 14, 2010, 5:50 am, FEDERAL WAY, WA 98003
bullet_circle.gif
Electronic Shipping Info Received, April 14, 2010[/QUOTE]

It is Apr 20, so they must all be smoking dope. That explains it.

I requested a box from them, but it has not arrived yet. IO was saying that they send a box that should not be used for its intended purpose. Should I just use another box (or bubble mailer) instead of waiting and using their box? I might just do the bubble mailer route since it would be a quicker mail out for me.

[quote name='nakanenui']It is Apr 20, so they must all be smoking dope. That explains it.

I requested a box from them, but it has not arrived yet. IO was saying that they send a box that should not be used for its intended purpose. Should I just use another box (or bubble mailer) instead of waiting and using their box? I might just do the bubble mailer route since it would be a quicker mail out for me.[/QUOTE]

Another box or bubble mailer (if you only have one game) would be best. The box they send might cause problems with the USPS (unless you wrap it first).

And yes, 4:20 might explain it

I sent mine the 14th also, and it was delivered the 17th. Unfortunately, gazelle still doesn't recognized it as even being received yet never mind being checked or processed.

We'll see, maybe they're behind, it's only been 2 business days. Still a little worried just given other people's experiences with them lately.

[quote name='xboxsox']I sent mine the 14th also, and it was delivered the 17th. Unfortunately, gazelle still doesn't recognized it as even being received yet never mind being checked or processed.

We'll see, maybe they're behind, it's only been 2 business days. Still a little worried just given other people's experiences with them lately.[/QUOTE]

The last one i did it took them roughly 2-3 days before they updated their site after it was delivered.

I have another box shipped on the 14th from CA, and still hasn't arrived. Last time USPS was a lot faster. Weird thing is, it went a different route from last time :\

So I had a bit of an experience yesterday at the Post Office. I decided to wait for Gazelle to send me a box for my items, just to see if it was worth the wait. They shipped me a Priority Mail box to put my items in, so I (obviously) put my games in and took the box to the Post Office. Once I got there, though, both ladies insisted that the sticker Gazelle has you put on top of the box prevented me from shipping it priority, even though Gazelle had paid more than $9 for it to be and shipped me the box specifically for that purpose. I tried to explain to them that that couldn't be right, since everything that was sent to me was automated and the exact same thing is sent to everyone else all the time. But they didn't back down. I ended up having to settle for putting the priority mail box into a plain old cardboard box to ship to Gazelle. At least they were nice enough to supply that for me.

Anyone else have any similar experiences like this? The guys at Gazelle who open the box are going to think I'm an idiot whenever they open up the cardboard box and see the priority mail box sitting inside it. XD

It has been mentioned many times in this thread. Gazelle pays for and sends a parcel post shipping label but gives you a priority mail box which is a no-no at the post office. You can either switch to a plain box or pay a little extra out of pocket (did this once for 25 cents) so your trade gets there faster.

Looks like one of my packages has gotten there, who knows if the other has(dropped off at the same time). The tracking still has it in florida. I hate watching usps stuff online since you have no idea if it just hasn't been scanned or it's actually stuck somewhere since any scan besides delivery is optional.

[quote name='nakanenui']It is Apr 20, so they must all be smoking dope. That explains it.

I requested a box from them, but it has not arrived yet. IO was saying that they send a box that should not be used for its intended purpose. Should I just use another box (or bubble mailer) instead of waiting and using their box? I might just do the bubble mailer route since it would be a quicker mail out for me.[/QUOTE]

Yep, don't use it - see below.

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']So I had a bit of an experience yesterday at the Post Office. I decided to wait for Gazelle to send me a box for my items, just to see if it was worth the wait. They shipped me a Priority Mail box to put my items in, so I (obviously) put my games in and took the box to the Post Office. Once I got there, though, both ladies insisted that the sticker Gazelle has you put on top of the box prevented me from shipping it priority, even though Gazelle had paid more than $9 for it to be and shipped me the box specifically for that purpose. I tried to explain to them that that couldn't be right, since everything that was sent to me was automated and the exact same thing is sent to everyone else all the time. But they didn't back down. I ended up having to settle for putting the priority mail box into a plain old cardboard box to ship to Gazelle. At least they were nice enough to supply that for me.

Anyone else have any similar experiences like this? The guys at Gazelle who open the box are going to think I'm an idiot whenever they open up the cardboard box and see the priority mail box sitting inside it. XD[/QUOTE]

That was very nice of them to give you a regular box. My local PO sells regular boxes and they aren't cheap (nor are the ones at the UPS store). I've used up all my spare boxes (from Amazon shipments) and will have to start buying them. I seem to remember Target having some fairly cheap nice boxes that I used last Fall for Amazon trade-ins.

[quote name='Moravagine']It has been mentioned many times in this thread. Gazelle pays for and sends a parcel post shipping label but gives you a priority mail box which is a no-no at the post office. You can either switch to a plain box or pay a little extra out of pocket (did this once for 25 cents) so your trade gets there faster.[/QUOTE]

Now this I didn't know - it is only 25 cents more to upgrade to priority? I would do that in a second if I knew that as it saves having to scrounge up/buy a box. I guess that depends on the weight they used for the calculation. It seems like they are doing 1 lb/game on the parcel post but I've never known how much the labels cost - it isn't shown on there is it? Are the PO people just telling you how much the difference is based in actual weight? Why isn't Gazelle just sending us priority labels? That would make things so much easier since priority boxes are free and come in all sizes for these things...

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']So I had a bit of an experience yesterday at the Post Office. I decided to wait for Gazelle to send me a box for my items, just to see if it was worth the wait. They shipped me a Priority Mail box to put my items in, so I (obviously) put my games in and took the box to the Post Office. Once I got there, though, both ladies insisted that the sticker Gazelle has you put on top of the box prevented me from shipping it priority, even though Gazelle had paid more than $9 for it to be and shipped me the box specifically for that purpose. I tried to explain to them that that couldn't be right, since everything that was sent to me was automated and the exact same thing is sent to everyone else all the time. But they didn't back down. I ended up having to settle for putting the priority mail box into a plain old cardboard box to ship to Gazelle. At least they were nice enough to supply that for me.

Anyone else have any similar experiences like this? The guys at Gazelle who open the box are going to think I'm an idiot whenever they open up the cardboard box and see the priority mail box sitting inside it. XD[/QUOTE]

Same thing happened to me. The PO told me they'd send it priority as long as I paid the difference. Because Gazelle had paid for the Post Parcel for 1 pound and it was just one game, the price difference was 5 cents. A nickel later and it was sent.

Seems silly to me to send the wrong box, but w/e.

1 (of 3) packages arrived today (shipped on the 14th) all items passed inspection with an expected payment by May 3rd via paypal (2 weeks?? wtf?). $130 down, now just need the other two to go through (still waiting on Best Buy as well - delivered today)

That's weird, guess I didn't notice when printing them out, one of my packages went to cockeysville and one went to hunt valley, both have been delivered now.

[quote name='h2dk']1 (of 3) packages arrived today (shipped on the 14th) all items passed inspection with an expected payment by May 3rd via paypal (2 weeks?? wtf?). $130 down, now just need the other two to go through (still waiting on Best Buy as well - delivered today)[/QUOTE]

I haven't done a PayPal one. They are quick with the Amazon gift cards - only 1-3 days after acceptance. It will be interesting to see if they actually take 2 weeks to send the PayPal payment.

[quote name='HisDivineShadow']Btw, does anyone have experience sending more than one of the same game to Gazelle? Any problems? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Yes... No...

PayPal payments have been just as quick as Amazon gift card codes in my experience.

Estimated payment date on the account details page is way off for some reason... Looked at the last e-mail I got for a trade in that I requested a PayPal payment for and it says expect a payment within 3 - 5 days (The automated e-mail you get when your game has passed inspection.)

That last one passed inspection 4/15, and received the PayPal payment for it 4/17.

I sent 1 box full of electronics. 2 days to arrive from Pittsburgh and 3-4 days to inspect and issue my Sears gift cards. The crazy thing is they split shipped my gift cards and sent them UPS and I had to sign for both gift cards. I liked the service and the speed of gift cards arrival.

[quote name='io']I think I've figured out why Gazelle's processing time it so much better than before. Previously, they used to handle the processing themselves. I was wondering why the address changed but didn't think much of it at first.

But then someone pointed me to this site:
http://ebay.eztradein.com/ebay/

which doles out PayPal for trade-ins as well. I submitted a certain Fab Four game there (as it still gets $20 at this place) and the address is exactly the same as Gazelle's. Not only that, but the label I printed says it is going to "Best Buy Video Games Trade-In Center". So that pretty much solves that - Gazelle is so much speedier now because they use the same processor Best Buy uses. Interesting...[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up on eztradein. Same values as best buy's trade in site but with cash instead of GCs is awesome.

Well I sent in 8x Beatles Rockband 360 into Gazelle and they inspected them and all passed and I will recieve the $160 into my paypal account on 5/3/10 it says. WOOT!

[quote name='cheeky']Thanks for the heads up on eztradein. Same values as best buy's trade in site but with cash instead of GCs is awesome.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, just don't blame me for any problems. I found out about the site just a few days ago myself. I did just send in a single game as a test trade though, so we'll see how that goes. For the single game they generated a first-class mail label (instead of Parcel Post) so it should get there pretty quickly.

As for the whole issue of paying to upgrade the Parcel Post packages to Priority I asked about that at my PO today. They said they can do that but the only problem is that they cannot see what Gazelle actually paid for the label. You see, the online postage gets a discount and it varies by service and provider. So they can look up the retail cost of that service (say, 10lb Parcel Post rate) and then charge you the difference between that and the retail priority rate for the actual weight (which most likely is way less than 10 lbs). But given that Gazelle actually paid much less than that there might still be postage due when it arrives at the trade-in center.

[quote name='HisDivineShadow']Btw, does anyone have experience sending more than one of the same game to Gazelle? Any problems? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

No problem at all. I sent 4 of the same game (sealed no less) and Gazelle took them with no issues.

Hmmm... OK, so maybe you can use the Parcel Post labels with the priority mail box...

I have a 4 game trade, and as usual, Gazelle added 1 lb per game to the postage. So I have a 4 lb Parcel Post label.

Now, Gazelle gets a discount for the online postage, but let's just go with retail for now.

To mail this package, assuming it did weigh 4 pounds, would cost $11.57. For priority mail it would cost $15.30.

However, the package actually only weighs about 1 lb 6 oz. So, the parcel cost for that would be $8.09 and the priority cost $9.55. So, I'm guessing they won't make me pay any extra when I drop it off at the PO. It depends, though, on how much Gazelle actually paid (since it was surely less than $11.57). They said they can't tell from the label what they paid online. They said what might happen in this case is it arrives postage due. But really, chances are it is actually overpaid even if it goes via priority.

In any case, I'm going to try to drop this one off tomorrow and see what happens. I bought some boxes at Target. They are $1.39 for the 4-5 game one and $1.44 for the 8-10 game one. I'm being a cheapass though and hoping I can get away with using the free box ;). I'll save the Target ones for Amazon (UPS) trade-ins.

[quote name='knightsdwn']No problem at all. I sent 4 of the same game (sealed no less) and Gazelle took them with no issues.[/QUOTE]

Haha, that's what I wanted to hear! :D

[quote name='io']In any case, I'm going to try to drop this one off tomorrow and see what happens. I bought some boxes at Target. They are $1.39 for the 4-5 game one and $1.44 for the 8-10 game one. I'm being a cheapass though and hoping I can get away with using the free box ;). I'll save the Target ones for Amazon (UPS) trade-ins.[/QUOTE]

You buy boxes? I just re-use amazon =)

[quote name='Vortextk']You buy boxes? I just re-use amazon =)[/QUOTE]

Well, yeah, of course I did that but I ran out and had to buy some today :cry:

[quote name='io']Well, yeah, of course I did that but I ran out and had to buy some today :cry:[/QUOTE]

Lol. I don't trade a whole lot like you most likely but order a ton. I was saving practically everything but now I have 20~ boxes in the garage. I used..4 for the blockbuster sale/trades, and 1 for my xbox which finally comes back whenever UPS shows up today!

[quote name='Vortextk']Lol. I don't trade a whole lot like you most likely but order a ton. I was saving practically everything but now I have 20~ boxes in the garage. I used..4 for the blockbuster sale/trades, and 1 for my xbox which finally comes back whenever UPS shows up today![/QUOTE]

I haven't ordered a ton from Amazon but I did get a bunch of stuff around Christmas. The problem is most of the games came in single game-sized boxes or even padded envelopes that won't work for the trade-ins. And I got some other stuff that came in HUGE boxes. I used one of those and just padded the hell out of it. But I only have 1 left that will work and several trade submissions to go...

Has anyone had any issues with sending in a gamestop resurfaced game? It works fine (like it should) but when looking at the disc you can tell it has been resurfaced.

By the way my third trade of random PS2 and DS games were just verified and good to go. I'm loving this company. So far I have traded in 25 games with 3 more in the shoot.

[quote name='Vortextk']You buy boxes? I just re-use amazon =)[/QUOTE]

The lengths I go to just to save on buying a retail packing box: I once re-used an Amazon packaging box for Gazelle; problem is, it's not a normal box, it's one of those taped-together cardboard flaps (good only for one game). I simply cut the cardboard apart, flipped it over so that my address label is now on the inside, put in my game, and re-taped the cardboard flaps together.

[quote name='estofan']The lengths I go to just to save on buying a retail packing box: I once re-used an Amazon packaging box for Gazelle; problem is, it's not a normal box, it's one of those taped-together cardboard flaps (good only for one game). I simply cut the cardboard apart, flipped it over so that my address label is now on the inside, put in my game, and re-taped the cardboard flaps together.[/QUOTE]

I find cheap $1 store brown rolls of shipping paper (think wrapping paper) work nicely for all sorts of repacking. :)

I was pleased to find that gazelle uses USPS parcel post now. That's a lot more convenient for me. I hate shipping to amazon due to needing to take the package to a UPS drop off.

I'm going to throw caution to the wind and send a bunch of stuff to eztradein - thanks for the heads up on that. At the very least getting paid via Paypal is way better then Best Buy gift cards! I'm still going to send Tiger Woods to gazelle, though, as that pays a little better.

bread's done
Back