GBA bit Generations (2) for $32.98 shipped Yesasia.com

Nephilim

CAGiversary!
Feedback
91 (100%)
All bit Generations titles are $18.99 each with FREE shipping (orders over $25)

New Customers get $5 off $30 with coupon code WGASIA5

bit Generations titles

I picked up Dotstream, Coloris and Orbital for $51.97 shipped or $17.32 each, not bad. Their Free shipping is in a padded envelope, but they bubble wrap the games inside that. My GBA games from them have not been crushed.

Returning customers would pay $37.98 for (2) titles with Free shipping or $21.98 (w/$2.99 shipping) for one title.

My recommendations after playing them all are in this order:

1) Dotstream (more mainstream appeal)
2) Orbital (man, this one is great, meditative mood) review-screens
3) Coloris (surprisingly deep)
4) Dialhex (relaxing but a bit more shallow than Coloris)
5) Digidrive (too complex for me)
6) Soundvoyager (boring)
7) Boundish -(kinda sucks except 2 player)

Japanese bit Generations page with movies of each game(click the game box, then 'game movie' at the bottom of that window)

IGN article on Dotstream - Boundish - Dialhex

IGN article on Coloris - Orbital - Digidrive - Soundvoyager

bit-generations-part-ii-20060802062648245-000.jpg

Aren't they like $25 at play-asia or lik-sang.com?
Besides, they're not worth more than $10. I've played them all.

[quote name='PRGuitarman']Aren't they like $25 at play-asia or lik-sang.com?
Besides, they're not worth more than $10. I've played them all.[/QUOTE]

Yes, they are $25 each (plus shipping) at Playasia and Liksang, so (2) for $33 shipped is pretty decent.

I happen to think these games are artistic and meditative, love 'em. Worth every penny to me.

and thanks for the thread-crap.

Thanks for the post, Nephilim. I've been thinking about picking some of these up for awhile. I'm still on the fence, but if I do grab a couple now's definitely the time.

hmm. i've had orbital bookmarked on yesasia for a while and decided it was time to order when i saw these coupons. the "$3 off of $15" coupon didn't work for me, i ordered anyway. can't wait for orbital. ORBITAL IS GREAT. i recommend it a lot (after messing around with it in an e m u).

in orbital, you play as a little planetoid floating around in a planetary system, using bigger planets' gravity to change your direction, and you try to grab things in order to become a bigger planet with stuff orbiting around you. the game does not use the D-PAD at all. it only uses A and B, one button attracts you toward a nearby planet, the other button pushes you away from it. simple but challenging & entertaining.

review & screenshots: http://www.bytesizedgaming.com/article/178/

God dammit, I just spent 75 on that buy 2 get 1 free DS deal. I have a soft spot for my micro though and I've been interested in these games so it looks like I'll be picking two up.

I'll get Orbital for sure and I think the other game will be dotstream but I don't know if I should get Coloris instead. The idea of me getting a quick puzzle game like that seems hypocritical when I got Tetris Attack at the Circuit City clearance and was disappointed that there was no story mode (and in the vs CPU you couldn't see the blocks pile on the enemy, it was like Tetris Attack without any heart). Is Coloris good or should I just get dotstream? If it's a great little game like bejeweled or something I'll pick it up (I watched the video on the japanese site of those 3 games and read the ign articles and read the bytesize review of dotstream and orbital).

These games look great for the micro.

[quote name='Gpig']God dammit, I just spent 75 on that buy 2 get 1 free DS deal. I have a soft spot for my micro though and I've been interested in these games so it looks like I'll be picking two up.

I'll get Orbital for sure and I think the other game will be dotstream but I don't know if I should get Coloris instead. The idea of me getting a quick puzzle game like that seems hypocritical when I got Tetris Attack at the Circuit City clearance and was disappointed that there was no story mode (and in the vs CPU you couldn't see the blocks pile on the enemy, it was like Tetris Attack without any heart). Is Coloris good or should I just get dotstream? If it's a great little game like bejeweled or something I'll pick it up (I watched the video on the japanese site of those 3 games and read the ign articles and read the bytesize review of dotstream and orbital).

These games look great for the micro.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Nintendo is marketing them towards the Micro.

As far as Coloris vs Dotstream, if you are playing on the Micro, I would get Dotsream because in Coloris it is almost impossible to tell some of the colors apart and I am playing on the SP. I actually had to turn on the brightest setting a few times to see the colors right.

[quote name='I AM WILLIAM H. MACY']Do Japanese GBA games work on American DS Phats?[/QUOTE]

Yes, no GBA/DS games/machines are region protected.

i highly recommend dotstream. i have that, dialhex, and digidrive. dialhex got old after a bit, but then that might be becuase i was playing other puzzle games for an hour before that. digidrive is fun, once u get the hang of it.
next ones being ordered are orbital and soundvoyager.

I just ordered orbital and dotstream. I'm sorry wallet. Buying those reminded me that I needed to preorder Defcon so I went ahead and did that as well for 10 bucks.

If they did come to the States, Nintendo of America would undoubtedly ruin the packaging just as they did with the Famicom Classics series making them completely undesirable IMO. The cool package design is part of what makes these things worth importing because as someone else said the games themselves aren't worth it. These are collector's games only :p

I could see Nintendo doing a compilation with the games from each series on 1 cart or something like that.

Defcon's a gamble, but Uplink was fun. I preordered it, too.

I cannot go for these games at that price. I normally get minigames like this on clearance prices. I did splurge for Yoshi's Touch and Go at about $27-ish, but there I had demoed it and enjoyed it.

(And Tetris Attack/Dr. Mario for the GBA was soulless and pathetic.)

Out of all of the games on there, I feel I got the most pick up and play value out of Dialhex. It's a beautiful little puzzler. I liked Dotstream a lot too as it's an interesting racing game. Out of all of them, I think Soundvoyager was the biggest "concept" game since I don't understand how you could play that game without headphones.

[quote name='RollingSkull']Defcon's a gamble, but Uplink was fun. I preordered it, too.

I cannot go for these games at that price. I normally get minigames like this on clearance prices. I did splurge for Yoshi's Touch and Go at about $27-ish, but there I had demoed it and enjoyed it.

(And Tetris Attack/Dr. Mario for the GBA was soulless and pathetic.)[/QUOTE]

What system are these games you are talking about for? Uplink and Defcon.

bread's done
Back