GBA Final Fantasy I&II

zebbers

CAGiversary!
First off...I havent had a GB since the original...I just got a DSlitetoday. I LOVED the FF games for the original GB and I saw the FFI&II cart @ GR today for 9.99 NEW. I thought I could get it cheaper online but it looks like that is a great price.

So...does this work with the DS? I assume yes and if so, is it a good game?

I got mine at the Circuit City closeout $8.99 price this weekend. Reviews of it around the web are very favorable. I haven't played it too much yet, but I played it enough to tell you it does work with no problem on the DS Lite.

-HM

[quote name='El Gray']You will enjoy this. It should be very similar in style and difficulty to the old FF GB games.[/QUOTE]

This is nothing like the old FF GB games.

The old FF GB games aren't even FF games, just Romancing Saga games with the FF name plastered on to them. FF GB had a party of 4 that mutated and were robots, monsters, it had weapons that you could only use a limited number of times... I didn't like them.

The GBA ones (which are actually the NES ones) blow the GB ones out of the water.

[quote name='zebbers']Thanks for the reply HM. I haven't seen any at my circuit cities...so 9.99 isnt too bad.[/quote]
I would've gladly bought the game at $1 more than the $8.99 I paid.

-HM

I beat FF I GBA and I am playing FFII right now and I enjoy it. The only other US release for FFII was FF orgins for PS.

I actually loved the Final Fantasy Legend (SaGa whatever) games for the Game Boy. I've played through the first one at least 8 times, and i love mutating the characters into new things, maybe it's just nostalgia talking, but Final Fantasy Legend rocks.

[quote name='cochesecochese']FFI is great because of the nostalgia. FFII didn't age so hot. Worth the ten bucks easily though.[/QUOTE]

Ha, if you think FFII gba /psx didn't age well, you should look at the famicon version. FFI+II were updated with snes graphics instead of nes graphics and look alot better than the original I+II.

Very simplistic by todays standards but well worth playing. The experience system in FFII is a nice change from the typical arrangement but gets inconsistent towards the maximum strength levels.

bread's done
Back