GBA game suggestions

Mr Unoriginal

CAGiversary!
Feedback
111 (100%)
Hey, recently got a new GBA SP and I'm looking for some good games for it. Most of the ones I own now are RPGs and SRPGs but I'm looking for something that I can just pick up and play. Ideal would be somethig I can't beat in a few hours (like metroid games). Any suggestions would be helpful.

wario ware is the ultimate pick up and play. also maybe a strat game like advance wars or ff tactics. those arent beaten in a few hours but you could just play one battle and then put it down. super street fighter II turbo revival if you like fighting games. i know you hate ports but if you havent played any of the mario games get em. and if you want a suggestion that doesnt meet any of your criteria id say mario and luigi.

mega man zero series.

these games are incredible, it's a game where u gotta learn patterns of the enemies in order to defeat them

I'd recommend Fire Emblem, it's a SRPG. The game saves after every turn so you can turn it off whenever you want (but the game is so addictive I have a difficult time doing that).

I definately second WarioWare and Fire Emblem (although that save system makes me wanna throw my GBA across the room sometimes). Super Puzzle Fighter 2 is nice for pick up and play if you are into puzzle games. The Castlevania games are awesome too. Harvest Moon Friends of Mineral Town is another good game, I think it lends itself well to playing in little spurts.

Besides the Metroids:

Warioland 4
Castlevania COTM
F-Zero
Sonic Advance 1& 2
Namco Arcade, Konami Arcade (but not Williams Arcade) and Pacman Collection
Any of the Mario Advance titles

All three castlevanias are good. There's other good fighters as well, especially the newer KOF game. SF Alpha 3 wasn't bad, and I like the Guilty Gear port, although it's a bit easy.

Medal of Honor: Infiltrator (top down view with just a hint of stealth)
Wario Ware
Banjo Kazooie: Grunty's Revenge (dumb but fun)
Golden Sun 1 & 2 (if you are into traditional RPG's)

Advance Wars
Mario Advance (Any)
Wario Ware
Link to the Past
Metroid Fusion/Zero Mission
Castlevania (Circle of the Moon, Harmony of Dissonance, Aria of Sorrow)
MegaMan Zero
Mario Kart
Lots of them.

I'd say the last CV: HOD and CV: AOS are easy to pick up and play, and there both longer than metroid. However CV: COTM is very hard to just pick up and play. There's various save rooms and they're kinda spaced apart.

bread's done
Back