GBA-GCN link cable question

Amanda the Red Mage

CAGiversary!
I'm thinking about getting a link cable but the first-party one looks like it would cover the shoulder buttons of the GBA SP. Does anyone know if this is a problem, or if I'm underestimating the size of my SP?

Also, I saw a third-party (I think) one for the same price that, according to the package, works as both a GCN-GBA cable and a GBA-GBA cable. I already have a GBA-GBA cable, but since I need a GCN-GBA cable and it's the same price as a regular one should I get it anyway and then sell or trade in my old cable?

I thought it might have been made before the SP was invented. The package just says "GBA." It didn't say anything about being compatible with the SP. The third-party one did, though.

The first party one doesnt cover it. Be careful of the third party ones though. my friend bought a used nyko one, and it held the shoulder buttons down whenever it was plugged in. He returned it and got the mad catz one that is also a link cable, if thats the one that you're talking about then that one works fine as well.

With the first party link it dosnt cover the shoulder buttons and stays comfy too if your fingers go way over the L and R buttons.

[quote name='maxflight']in general, with accessories, I usually go with first party. memory cards especially.[/quote]
Strongly agree.

Question

I've never tried this personally, but I've wondered if it'd be safe to connect your GBA to your GC while having the GBA hooked up to an AC Adapter. Anyone know? Thanks in advance.

By the way, I have a MadCatz AC adpater. And yes, I always buy 1st party stuff, like memory cards. But the ac adapters are $20 and I got this one at GameStop (Used) for about $3.00.

[quote name='eatntae'][quote name='maxflight']in general, with accessories, I usually go with first party. memory cards especially.[/quote]
Strongly agree.[/quote]Are the MadCatz memory cards bad? I just bought one today for my new GameCube. :(

[quote name='Amanda the Red Mage']I'm thinking about getting a link cable but the first-party one looks like it would cover the shoulder buttons of the GBA SP. Does anyone know if this is a problem, or if I'm underestimating the size of my SP?

Also, I saw a third-party (I think) one for the same price that, according to the package, works as both a GCN-GBA cable and a GBA-GBA cable. I already have a GBA-GBA cable, but since I need a GCN-GBA cable and it's the same price as a regular one should I get it anyway and then sell or trade in my old cable?[/quote]

i'll sell you a GBA-GBA cable and a GCN-GBA cable $12 shipped. they are both nintendo ones, not 3rd party.

sj41, I have a madcatz GCN memory card (I didn't know any better when I bought it) and so far I haven't had any problems with losing data. I have had two or three instances where it couldn't read the card when I tried to load a game, but after reseting the cube it was able to read it. I wish I had gotten a first-party one, but since I already have this one it doesn't seem like it would be worth it for me to buy a first-party one now. (unless I could get a good trade-in price for it. Anyone know how much it would be worth? I'm not sure how much it can hold, but it has "x2" written on it, so I'm guessing it's a 16mb card.)

FunkMachineX, I already have a GBA-GBA cable.

[quote name='sj41']Are the MadCatz memory cards bad? I just bought one today for my new GameCube. :([/quote]
I've never purchased a 3rd party memory card myself, but I was given 2 as gifts from seperate people for my N64 in the late 90s. Both had terrible issues with saving, and I almost always lost my data. My brother purchased a MadCatz memory card for the Dreamcast, and that also gave us a lot of problems with keeping data. Maybe they've gotten better over the years, but as far as videogame stuff goes, 1st party seems to be the best choice, even though it may not be the cheapest.

[quote name='Green-Bull']Question

I've never tried this personally, but I've wondered if it'd be safe to connect your GBA to your GC while having the GBA hooked up to an AC Adapter. Anyone know? Thanks in advance.

By the way, I have a MadCatz AC adpater. And yes, I always buy 1st party stuff, like memory cards. But the ac adapters are $20 and I got this one at GameStop (Used) for about $3.00.[/quote]
I'm not sure about the MadCatz AC adaptor (although I doubt it would make a difference), but I've had no problems connecting my GBA to my GC while my GBA is hooked up to a (first-party) AC adaptor.

I bought it for $6.99 and it only has 59 blocks. I'll try and get a first party one next time but they were sold out or didn't carry them. I have had trouble with the Mad Catz battery pack for GBA. It broke my GBA after 8 months. I got another GBA one from Nintendo because of the warranty but it broke that one also. The power won't coome on. Is there any way to fix it myself? For 1 day the memory card has worked perfectly.

I wanted to buy a first party mem card, but they didnt have em in stock when I bought my GC, so I had to get a Nyko one. $15 for 1019 blocks. And I didnt lose any save data yet. *knocks on wood* But I wanna get a first party. :)

bread's done
Back