GBA PoP:SoT any good?

oleander

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
I liked the original PoP (and 2, and even 3D), and I also liked SoT, despite all of the changes made (many of which I would consider detrimental, but many others which were very positive). Mostly, I thought it was kind of crazy that you could run through traps, and they were basically just minor inconveniences. I liked that they didn't give that sort of leeway in the original - if you hit a trap, you died. And with the ability to rewind, it's not like it would not have made it unreasonable in terms of difficulty.
To get to the point though, I love the PoP series and am interested in trying this one. However, it's reviews are not great (about 7/10 on average), and I am a little worried about a weaker version of SoT gameplay (which is what is suggested by the IGN review I read), especially when I feel like the only reason I am ok with SoT's changes is that they were done so well.
Anyone who has played it care to share their thoughts?

I have it but don't really like it. Granted I've only played it for about 2 hours tops, but the game just seems too repetitive for my taste. What made the 3D version cool, IMHO, was the fact that you could run on the walls and do all that crazy stuff. Obviously you can't really do that on 2D so the only feature they kept was the whole time rewinding, which I didn't even use.

I think for 2D it is a solid game. It has some crazy puzzles. It's going on the cheap at CC with the July 4th sale for $10....definitely worth that.

I *pretty much* beat it ($5 CC sale last year), and 7/10 accurately reflects how I feel about the game as well. Some slight control issues and a funky camera (how often can you say THAT about a 2D game?) are made up for by decent puzzles and *ok* combat.

I won't spoil anything for you, so what I say now may not be as helpful as it could be: it gets unnecessarily tedious at a point. This is why I haven't completed it. It happens pretty late, so you'll get more than your $9 worth out of the game before it happens, but you'll be left with a bit of a disappointed feeling when all is said and done.

bread's done
Back