GBA worm light - helps or useless?

Wow - I can't believe how many memories this brings back. That damned original dark-screen GBA and the myriad solutions for viewing the dim screen.

That being said, the worm light was pretty useless, because it brought a pretty bad glare to the screen. Back in the day, the best (and, at the time, only) solution was to either buy a backlight kit like the Afterburner or to send it in to one of the people who installed the backlights.

Nowadays, it's nearly as inexpensive to pick up a used GBA SP or micro as it is to buy an external light, and I'd recommend that. But if price is that much of a factor, a desk lamp will probably work better for you.

Yeah I would have gotten GBA SP but couldn't pass up on brand new sealed original GBA for less than $12. Now I can safely trade in my DS for DSi and sell off my GBC also. Even without the wormlight, screen has lot of glare and at first it was so hard to see anything but I'm getting used to dimmer colors. About time I get around to beating Oracle of Ages and Seasons which I bought when they launched. :D

Pretty useless, put loads of glare on the screen.
Just get a GBA SP, far superior, even if it costs more.

My neck is starting to hurt after looking down at my GBA at odd angle. But Oracle of Ages being awesome is making up for it. So far I'll have to say Ages/Seasons could be the best 2d Zelda ever.

Ahhh, the memories of buying my clear GBA at TRU. Back when you had to pay for the system/game and take your ticket and receipt to the little window near the exit.

That worm light was pretty useless. I used to use the light (made by Intec?) that doubled as a screen cover. You would flip up the cover and the light, which was under, would light the screen. It was not really good but I felt it was much better than the worm light. I still had to hold the GBA at an angle.

Oh man, I remember using this at night before going to sleep. This accessory is OKAY if you have no other option, but due to the battery consumption and glare, you're better off with an SP.

I remember getting a worm light for free at my local Toys R Us after purchasing a GBA and I just remember throwing it somewhere as it just burned through my batteries faster. Not worth it. I agree with everyone else, grab an SP! Like $20 everywhere!

bread's done
Back