GC Wavebird $10 at Wal-Mart B&M YMMV

dwsscs

CAGiversary!
I was at my local WalMart and caught these on a end cap. I already got 2 at the Kmart 50% off sale a while back, but I picked up a 3rd one so the whole family can have one.

Would you consider picking up a few and shipping them to me for a small profit to yourself? I have no Kmarts near me and thus have not been able to participate in those. Plus my Walmarts suck for sales.

Please let me know if possible. Thanks!

There were about 8 of them there this morning, probably gone at that store. They were clearanced not price dropped. If I get that way tommorrow I will check it out and pick up some if any left.

[quote name='dwsscs']There were about 8 of them there this morning, probably gone at that store. They were clearanced not price dropped. If I get that way tommorrow I will check it out and pick up some if any left.[/QUOTE]

Awesome. I'm gonna have to check this out at my local stores tomorrow.

I was just at Wal-Mart tonight, and there were no Wavebirds on clearance. :( Of course, there's never any good videogame-related clearance stuff at my Wal-Mart stores...it just sits there for years, collecting dust.

Yeah, they're clearanced....

They're 25 at my store, though.

I'm debating picking another one up before they're all gone, because even at 25 dollars, that's cheaper than I'm going to get most anywhere else.

Just got back from mine. Interestingly enough, they had the Gray Wavebird on clearance, but hte platinum was full price.

Clearance price was $25.

They also had MOH:Frontline for $20 and Lord of the Rings 2 for $15, both for GC. I didn't get anything.

$20 at my store and sold out. I am thinking about picking up a Rio 1.5 GB mp3 player for $99. I might try to talk my manager into dropping the price down to $70

[quote name='Blues']Mine had them for 25 too...I wonder why they are clearancing out Wavebirds though.[/QUOTE]

They're only clearancing the gray ones. All the stores are getting new mods this month, so we have to clearance the stuff we aren't carrying anymore. So, it looks like Wal-mart isn't carrying gray wavebirds anymore, but the platinum ones will still be on the shelves. Whether this means Nintendo isn't making gray ones anymore, I am not sure.

Yea, they are going for $25 at my walmart here too in Clairmont Mesa (San Diego area) California.

On an alternative deal, if you can find a pre-owned wavebird controller at a local GameStop, they are going for $17.99. I wouldn't mind one as long as it's in working condition. I'll just do a thorough alcohol rubbing before using it though. :)

If you can't find one at your local Wally World, you can always get a used one from Ebgames.com for $18.74 shipped (after Cag15, saver, and edge card codes). I wasn't sure if these codes would work on a controller, but I tried them and they worked.

Yeah, its used but still a decent deal if you can't find it cheaper new.

[quote name='AzianAsspicker']ch, i wouldnt count on walmart having anything[/QUOTE]
yeah, walmart deals need to quit being so ymmv, and be across the whole company. One price at every store when stuff is on sale. My walmart sucks.

[quote name='vicko']how about a receipt scan so maybe we can try to PM other walmarts.[/QUOTE]

awsome idea.

One Wal-Mart doesn't PM another Wal-Mart's price. Why? Because Wal-Mart sucks! The mystery has been solved!

Anyway, they were $25 at the one Wal-Mart I went to. There were only about 4 of them left, and despite my loathing for the store, I went ahead and bought one. I don't plan on going back for a couple of months (the only reason I was there this time I was with my dad buying gardening supplies), and by then I'm sure they'd be gone.

So anyway, this is one time I'd actually recommend going to a Wally World near you, maybe there's a cheap(er) Wavebird waiting for you. :)

[quote name='Friedle']
walmart.com had the platinum ones for $26 and hte grey for $30. Any idea why?[/QUOTE]

The website has weird little sales like that all the time.

The website and actual Wal-Mart stores, despite being under the same company, are seperate entities. Wal-mart stores will not price match their website for this reason.

More than likely, assuming Nintendo is not discontinuing the grey Wavebirds(I don't see why they would), the website will continue to sell them for 30 dollars.

[quote name='BIG5']Is this for platinum too? I don't really need another one, but they do look cool.[/QUOTE]

nope, as far as people have been reporting back, platinums are still 35.

On a side note... I find the platinum color to be... ugly... It kinda looks like an ordinary gray color plastic that has been given to a 7 years old girl with a "glitter" kit, in which case she uses the "silver" color thingie to dye the plastic.

Also, the platinum color rubs off after constant friction or rubbing; exposing the ugly color below.(in this case u'll be hannging onto your controller = friction)

my .02

Sorry guys I can't do a receipt scan! I am in the middle of moving and have my printer/scanner packed up. I assure you that its real, but you all know how WalMart is hit or miss on clearance.

[quote name='karter74']someone has to have a receipt for like $10![/QUOTE]

Even if they did, most stores won't price match it, since it's a limited clearance item.

They were clearanced for $25 at the first WM I checked, but I found them across town at the demonic supercenter for $14. So, I threw my WM-hating principles to the wind and bought one.

Thanks OP for turning me on to this deal.

They were clearanced for $25 at the first WM I checked, but I found them across town at the demonic supercenter for $14. So, I threw my WM-hating principles to the wind and bought one.

Thanks OP for turning me on to this deal.

The Wal*Mart in Oldsmar, FL on Tampa Road still has the Wave Bird for $25 with a red clearance sticker.

They had a ton of first party Nintendo Gamecube controllers in Indigo on clearance at $15 as well. Not really much of a deal, but it saves you $5 if you need an extra first party controller.

well, not much of a deal, but Target is selling both PLATINUM and GRAY version of the wavebird for $30. A $5 price drop at Target for the PLATINUM version.(compared to everywhere else I see)

Sorry to bump this as it is a few weeks old, but have any Chicagoland CAGs found Wavebirds clearanced below $20? When I have had the chance I have been hitting up various WalMarts in the Chicago suburbs. I have been to 5 so far and this is what I have found:

850 S. Barrington Road (Streamwood) - $25

900 S. Route 83 (Villa Park) - sold out - both gray and platinum Wavebirds

1050 North Rohlwing Road (Addison) - never carried gray Wavebirds as this store is only a few months old

150 Smith Road (St. Charles) - $24

314 West Army Trail Road (Bloomingdale) - $20

Anybody in the suburbs found them for 15 or even 10 bucks?

$25 on clearance at my local Wally World as well; my oldest son just bought one tonight. It is crazy how different clearance prices can be at W-M. I remember when the Dreamcast was still being stock at W-M, the store which I lived nearest to at the time put the Agetec DC joysticks they had on clearance for $11.50 apiece, while most of the other stores listed them at three to four times that as the clearance price. I bought two at that price, and sold them later.

bread's done
Back