GC Wavebird at Meijer 24.99

fenixthom

CAGiversary!
Considering I had been looking everywhere for one of these. I thought it was a good deal to find them at Meijer for 24.99. All of the EB/GS in Louisville are sold out new and used.

yeah ive been looking for one, GCN prices are insane, especially since its not a great collectors console considering the Wii is 99.9% BC

Wavebird prices have not dropped, given their easy compatibility with the Wii. I have noticed that some TRUs still have some stock -- that is where I bought my last two. The MadCatz wireless controllers are easy to find, but their overall quality does not match the Wavebird, but they still ain't that bad.

And Expane is right -- GCN game prices have not had a wholesale drop yet either. There have been isolated sales of certain titles, like Lego Star Wars, or Paper Mario, but by and large, no one but CC has been clearancing titles. Even on Ebay, there are no great bargains to be found on the more popular titles. There are still brand new Cubes selling for $100 in my nearby Targets and CCs.

The frustrating part for me, as a late comer to the GCN this past January, is that Nintendo does not make many efforts to keep all but a few Player's Choice titles available like many of the PS2 Greatest Hits titles are. Finding nice copies of games like Godzilla Destroy All Monsters Melee or DDR Mario Mix, while doable, can be a challenge. Also, given that Nintendo's product are considered "kid," what u often find in the used game stores is sometimes pretty ragged out.

I just hunt around for them at EB. With an edge card, a wired GC controller is worth $6.60 in trade-in credit ($6 without the card) and the Wavebirds are only around $16 used (also with Edge card--$18 without), so it's only about $10 a pop to upgrade if you ever find an EB that has one. Even without the edge card or a trade-in, during a B2G1 you can be out the door with three for $36.

There is no vibration support on the wavebird, isn't there? I got a Wii and am looking for a controller to play GameCube games. What's the overall opinions here - Get a wavebird /w no vibration or a wired controller /w vibration?

I never understood why people overlooked the lack of vibration, but I've had bad experiences with 3rd party controllers that had the vibration. The controller is good enough to make up for it. In a living room with kids running around, wireless is preferred.

[quote name='eau']There is no vibration support on the wavebird, isn't there? I got a Wii and am looking for a controller to play GameCube games. What's the overall opinions here - Get a wavebird /w no vibration or a wired controller /w vibration?[/quote]

with an entertainment center tucked away, a cord is your worst enemy. Arch rival. Super villian even.

Even being closer to the console, not having cords makes multiplayer much, much easier to handle, especially for games like Pac Man Vs.!

Definately worth the investment and if you have a Wii already its best to also have a battery charger so there isn't a strain on your pocket when it comes to AAs

[quote name='Caj814']Definately worth the investment and if you have a Wii already its best to also have a battery charger so there isn't a strain on your pocket when it comes to AAs[/QUOTE]

I have had the same batteries in our wavebirds for over a year... With wavebirds there is almost no strain via battery purchases.

bread's done
Back