GCN dancing game?

Nephets

CAGiversary!
I was at Best Buy yesterday and saw this really cheap looking "GCN only" DDR/Britney's Dance Beat ripoff. Has anybody seen or heard anything about this?

I didn't even know it existed until I found a bunch of copies, it was sold with the dance pad.

yeah, i saw it listed on gamespot, then in-person at EB over the holidays.

it's a madcatz product, mc 'something' dance craze. no reviews yet. waiting for reviews before deciding.

This game is going to e a huge flop.

Obviously, that's just an opinion, but I wouldn't hesitate to place money on it.

It's called MC Groovz: Dance Craze. I'm actually going to pick it up today or tomorrow. I'll let you know what I think. I posted a deal for it yesterday. There's a $15 mail-in gift voucher rebate coupon in the latest GMR magazine for that game.

i heard about this game a few weeks ago, and i told my friend about it, she was pretty pumped (she loves ddr but only has a cube) i think shes getting it for xmas

Well, considering the "quality" accessories Madcatz puts out, my hopes for this game are not too high, but I would love to be surprised. Let us know what you think, NintendoFanGirl.

What's the price on this? I'm a huge DDR fan, and even though this will probably suck, I still may pick it up.

[quote name='Rig']What's the price on this? I'm a huge DDR fan, and even though this will probably suck, I still may pick it up.[/quote]

I didn't see, but I think 50 bucks.

I might have tried it out if it weren't for my leg being broken and possesed by a giant cell tumor. :cry: But the good news is that my the time my joint reconstruction surgeries are complete (late 2005) the game will be in the clearence bins. :)

Going by the screen shots, the game doesn't look that great and the songlist looks kind of plain (I forget where I saw the songlist or else I would post it).

http://www.gamerankings.com/screens5/925159/9.jpg

The down and up arrows are switched compared to DDR which will be annoying for anyone who is used to DDR.

I don't see any reason to get this game whatsoever even if someone only has a Gamecube. For the same $50, someone could pick up a used PS1, DDR Konamix and a dancepad.

I don't understand why Konami hasn't released a DDR game on Gamecube though considering they have released 6 past DDR games on Nintendo systems (5 for GBC, 1 for N64).

[quote name='YoshiFan1']Going by the screen shots, the game doesn't look that great and the songlist looks kind of plain (I forget where I saw the songlist or else I would post it).

http://www.gamerankings.com/screens5/925159/9.jpg

The down and up arrows are switched compared to DDR which will be annoying for anyone who is used to DDR.

I don't see any reason to get this game whatsoever even if someone only has a Gamecube. For the same $50, someone could pick up a used PS1, DDR Konamix and a dancepad.

I don't understand why Konami hasn't released a DDR game on Gamecube though considering they have released 6 past DDR games on Nintendo systems (5 for GBC, 1 for N64).[/quote]

Yeah. What's the deal with those GBC DDR's? You needed to use your fingers on the small "dance pad!" :lol: It looked very funny.

[quote name='Rig']

Yeah. What's the deal with those GBC DDR's? You needed to use your fingers on the small "dance pad!" :lol: It looked very funny.[/quote]

They are actually kind of fun, if you take it for what it is - not as a replacement for DDR but a fun little handheld version of it. The sound is all midi to so unless you are familiar with the songs and how they really sound, the music sounds horrible. But since I am familiar with 95% of the songs in the 3 GBC ones I own (DDR 1, 2 and 3) from the arcade and console games, it's not a problem for me.

[quote name='YoshiFan1'][quote name='Rig']

Yeah. What's the deal with those GBC DDR's? You needed to use your fingers on the small "dance pad!" :lol: It looked very funny.[/quote]

They are actually kind of fun, if you take it for what it is - not as a replacement for DDR but a fun little handheld version of it. The sound is all midi to so unless you are familiar with the songs and how they really sound, the music sounds horrible. But since I am familiar with 95% of the songs in the 3 GBC ones I own (DDR 1, 2 and 3) from the arcade and console games, it's not a problem for me.[/quote]

Hey, how about a DDR game on DS where you actually DID dance with your fingers?

bread's done
Back