GCN Mario Power Tennis

CloakBass

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Unlike practically every other Mario game released on the Gamecube, this one seems to have disappeared off store shelves entirely. Oddly, Nintendo hasn't set any sort of re-release in motion and it seems increasingly unlikely they will. Places like eBay and Amazon are charging much more than is really what one would expect. Anyone know of anywhere to pick up the game on the cheap?

Accept the fact that unless you do what the person above said and get it in a B2G1 deal... you're going to be paying at least $30-40 for it.

Generally speaking, if you want it, you're going to have to pay near retail. If you're really interested, save yourself some trouble and just snag one on EBay.

If you can find a Kmart that miraculously still has it, it'll cost you $5 since it's on clearance. Good luck, though. Seems Nintendo ran a small printing of this.

[quote name='Tsukento']If you can find a Kmart that miraculously still has it, it'll cost you $5 since it's on clearance. Good luck, though. Seems Nintendo ran a small printing of this.[/QUOTE]
I don't know if that's the case - it made it to the point where it had the same "Best seller" label on the front that Mario Kart and Smash Brothers did, and those aren't rare by any stretch.

I think a large part of it is just the demand for the title...and if that actually is the case, then you're screwed in terms of finding it cheap. Mario Tennis for the N64 took years before it dropped in price, and I suspect the same thing is going to happen again.

I never understood why this game has been so hard to find. I should have just paid $50 for it when it came out, but I'm still waiting to find a copy cheap. I don't understand why it wasn't on shelves that long.

kicking myself as i saw it at kmart for $25 about a year ago and passed thinking I'd wait for it to drop further... Guess I'll just wait to see if they make a Wii version.

[quote name='hufferstl']I never understood why this game has been so hard to find. I should have just paid $50 for it when it came out, but I'm still waiting to find a copy cheap. I don't understand why it wasn't on shelves that long.[/QUOTE]
Honestly, I don't have a clue. You'd think that the popularity of the N64 version would have been a clue to Nintendo...

[quote name='daminion']kicking myself as i saw it at kmart for $25 about a year ago and passed thinking I'd wait for it to drop further... Guess I'll just wait to see if they make a Wii version.[/QUOTE]
A Wii version is almost inevitable - especially with the popularity of Wii Tennis - but I don't think one's been announced. It could be some time.

i bought this awhile back (FYE @ palisade center, west nyack ny) for $19.99. this game is awesome, it is worth the $40 but if you can find it cheapass somewhere then its even worth it.

bread's done
Back