GCU B2G1 coupon - any good way to use it?

thisisnottravis

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
So I signed up for Best Buy's GCU for the first time, and I have the B2G1 pre-owned coupon to use by the end of the month. The game guide coupon & the $5 off coupon shouldn't be a problem to use, but... is there anything actually good to use this on? Or some way to cheat the system on it? 

I've looked at probably 20 or so games I might be interested in, and all of them say "there is no stock within 250 miles of your location". I actually even went to a store, and from what I could tell there were no used games at all. For any system. They did have the "$20 value" games, but I didn't see a single pre-owned game. Going to check another one near work around lunch, but not optimistic. (Edit: actually, when you look at pre-owned games on their site, and use the "pick up today" tab, there are 0-1 pre-owned games at all available at the 8 or so Best Buys that are nearby-to-somewhat-far from here).

I'm aware that ultimately it'll still be dependent on stock around me, but if there IS no stock... is the coupon basically worthless? The coupon states you can't use it on online purchases, including store ship/pickup. Anyone been able to get around that? Their website has used games I want, but their stores are barren wastelands where pre-owned is concerned (even at ones in the past that had pre-owned games, they were 90% shovelware, 10% popular games people have all already played). 

Just looking for tips from anyone more versed in BB, I've always been a Gamestop/Gohastings/Gamefly gamer. 

Last edited by a moderator:
So I signed up for Best Buy's GCU for the first time, and I have the B2G1 pre-owned coupon to use by the end of the month. The game guide coupon & the $5 off coupon shouldn't be a problem to use, but... is there anything actually good to use this on? Or some way to cheat the system on it?

I've looked at probably 20 or so games I might be interested in, and all of them say "there is no stock within 250 miles of your location". I actually even went to a store, and from what I could tell there were no used games at all. For any system. They did have the "$20 value" games, but I didn't see a single pre-owned game. Going to check another one near work around lunch, but not optimistic. (Edit: actually, when you look at pre-owned games on their site, and use the "pick up today" tab, there are 0-1 pre-owned games at all available at the 8 or so Best Buys that are nearby-to-somewhat-far from here).

I'm aware that ultimately it'll still be dependent on stock around me, but if there IS no stock... is the coupon basically worthless? The coupon states you can't use it on online purchases, including store ship/pickup. Anyone been able to get around that? Their website has used games I want, but their stores are barren wastelands where pre-owned is concerned (even at ones in the past that had pre-owned games, they were 90% shovelware, 10% popular games people have all already played).

Just looking for tips from anyone more versed in BB, I've always been a Gamestop/Gohastings/Gamefly gamer.
Buy them online for shipping, bring them to the store, do a return rebuy with the coupon. Not the best option but it should work.

bread's done
Back