GDI or NOD

fluffy69

CAG Veteran
now that c&c3 is out and i nearly made it through the first campaign, i couldn't help but wonder if other people do the same thing i do and ALWAYS play the GDI campaign first.
ever since the first c&c in 95 i played the gdi campaign first. i remember back in the day i spent all my money on a pentium 60mhz system and had basicly no money left for c&c. so i teamed up with a friend of mine and we bought c&c together. the plan was for one to take the gdi disk and the other one would get the nod disc. our problem was that we both wanted the gdi disc. we settled our dispute with our first link session (early form of network). he beat me hands down in a c&c multiplayer match and got to keep the gdi disc.

my question to you is:

what campaign do you play first and why?

for me its always gdi. they seem to be the good guys in c&c universe and it seems logical to start c&c by playing the good guys.

GDI appeared to be "disc 1" of the original C&C, so it was the first one I played. I think both aspects have been the same in the other C&C games I played. I would probably just play whichever disc is the first one in the case.

[quote name='Zing']GDI appeared to be "disc 1" of the original C&C, so it was the first one I played. I think both aspects have been the same in the other C&C games I played. I would probably just play whichever disc is the first one in the case.[/quote]

Yup, same with me. The good guys are usually on disc one so I go with them. But overall I end up liking the NOD or in the case of RA; Russia.

I would love to play NOD but usually I get a feeling that they intend people to play GDI first i.e. the disc 1 thing so I do.

For C&C3 the story definitely would be less smooth and would seem repetitive if you went GDI first, for example you'd already know they'd "win" for starters.

I just finished the GDI Campaign last night, man that mission was a bitch. I am going to take a time out before switching to the NOD campaign. So far this game has been worth every penny.

GDI, playing NOD's unique units is a lot more enjoyable once you understand what weaknesses GDI units have to exploit. Also NOD has the better storyline which keeps things entertaining.

i finished the gdi campaign too. i had so much tanks in my army, that i could finish both enemy bases at once. now i started the nod campaign. boy i cant wait to unlock the scrin campaign. this game is awesome!

[quote name='forgrim']scrin aircraft = bozotically overpowered [play as scrin and you'll realize the POWA][/QUOTE]

UNLIMITED POWAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRR!!!!

lol j/k

anyways knowing the history of CNC game patching.. I bet you within a month they will start nerfing units, with the Scrin being a prime target.

[quote name='fluffy69']i finished the gdi campaign too. i had so much tanks in my army, that i could finish both enemy bases at once. now i started the nod campaign. boy i cant wait to unlock the scrin campaign. this game is awesome![/QUOTE]

After establishing a firm defense, I captured the scrin MCV to the left, started building up Scrin tech, including the Scrin Superweapon , then captured a Nod Vechile building which allowed me to build a NOD base which then I used the combined Scrin and Nod units to wipe out NOD. Once I had the NOD's, Scrin's and GDI's super weapons online, I use all three and took out the scrin base with one blow. One hell of a slow down but it was a nice show :)

[quote name='Michaellvortega']fuck Nod, GDI all the way! By the by why havent they made a GI Joe RTS?[/QUOTE]

It could be made into a mod if someone had the time.

[quote name='ITDEFX']After establishing a firm defense, I captured the scrin MCV to the left, started building up Scrin tech, including the Scrin Superweapon , then captured a Nod Vechile building which allowed me to build a NOD base which then I used the combined Scrin and Nod units to wipe out NOD. Once I had the NOD's, Scrin's and GDI's super weapons online, I use all three and took out the scrin base with one blow. One hell of a slow down but it was a nice show :)[/quote]

that sounds like great fun. once i finsh the game i'll replay that mission with your tactics. i'm courious on how that fireworks will look. =)
did i mention, that i love this game?

Hey, all... I'm seriously considering picking this game up next week. One question though - is the Kane Edition worth the extra money? I don't really care about developer interviews or "behind the scenes" kind of stuff. Is there any worthwhile gameplay content on the extra disc?

bread's done
Back