Gears of War 2 @ Amazon for $34.97 w/ FSSS

garymheng

CAG Veteran
Feedback
7 (100%)
I saw a previous thread for Gears of War 2 on sale at Amazon for $39.99 but the price has dropped yet again to $34.97 and qualifies for free super saving shipping. Not sure but maybe this can be combined with the ECA discount for additional savings. Can anyone with the ECA membership verify that this qualifies for an additional 10% off?

Here's a link to GOW2: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000ZK9QD2/
(I forgot to include the link in my OP, Thanks Skoad!!!)

Seems there's a universal price drop on GOW, GOW2 & Halo 3:
GOW - $19.99 (Amazon price as of today - $18.99)
GOW2 - $39.99 (Amazon price as of today - $34.97)
Halo 3 - $39.99 (Amazon price as of today - $36.99)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='thomasbirty']Good deal, but anybody who has any sort of interest in Gears of War 2 should have picked it up by now.[/QUOTE]

Nope, I'm interested, but am holding out on the possibility that it gets rereleased with Dark cORNERS dlc, like how the first one got rereleased with everything

[quote name='thomasbirty']Good deal, but anybody who has any sort of interest in Gears of War 2 should have picked it up by now.[/QUOTE]

You're on the wrong board, friend.

I for one, don't have GOW2. And was waiting for a drop like this one. Might have to bite on this one.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']You're on the wrong board, friend.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. I can sure as hizzel wait 9 months to watch the price fall for 90% of the games I want. (Shoulda done it with Mass Effect, though.)

Bought it yesterday for $36.99 and had Amazon refund me the difference when I saw it for $34.97 today. Thanks OP for the info! Will Amazon drop the price some more?

I placed an order but it doesn't show up in my recently placed orders and I didn't get a confirmation email

anyone know what's the deal?

[quote name='MidnightMarauder74']Bought it yesterday for $36.99 and had Amazon refund me the difference when I saw it for $34.97 today. Thanks OP for the info! Will Amazon drop the price some more?[/QUOTE]

Glad you were able to get an adjustment. Last time I bought a blu ray disc from amazon only to see the price drop within a week or two. Tried to get an adjustment but got a reply saying that they don't price match anymore, even their own sales. Wasn't worth the hassle to send it back & buy it at the lower price. Maybe they were willing to adjust yours because it hadn't ship yet or maybe YMMV depending on the customer service.

[quote name='MidnightMarauder74']Bought it yesterday for $36.99 and had Amazon refund me the difference when I saw it for $34.97 today. Thanks OP for the info! Will Amazon drop the price some more?[/QUOTE]

it may happen, but that is rare

[quote name='garymheng']Glad you were able to get an adjustment. Last time I bought a blu ray disc from amazon only to see the price drop within a week or two. Tried to get an adjustment but got a reply saying that they don't price match anymore, even their own sales. Wasn't worth the hassle to send it back & buy it at the lower price. Maybe they were willing to adjust yours because it hadn't ship yet or maybe YMMV depending on the customer service.[/QUOTE]

I think I got lucky because I had just ordered the game yesterday. So the status of my order right before I called Amazon was "Shipping soon" or something like that. So I figured I'd give it a try. I agree that if the game shipped already, I would've had a tougher time getting the refund.

Is this for used or new? I just bought it used from GS yesterday for about 37 total but if I can get it for the same price new, I'd like to do that.

its for a new copy & Amazon doesn't charge sales tax in most states. but if you're willing to buy a used copy from GS & want to save more money, then you should return it and wait for one of those weeks where they have the 20% off any used xbox 360 game coupon. if you also have the edge card, it can be stacked for an additional 10% for a total of 30% off (roughly $10 off of $35).

I have a ton of interest in GOW 2 however as with the first one....$29.99 or less. I am currently playing Fallout 3 on the PS3(paid $20.00 after tax at Sams Club) and Prince of Persia on my 360(paid $15.00 at Target). I never run out of games to play and rarely do I go over the $30.00 budget. I will admit I picked up RE5 upon release however I had a $25.00 gift certificate from Amazon. So with the preorder price on Amazon at $56.99 and my gc from Amazon...I paid $31.00.

I cannot wait to pick up Gears of War 2 but I will wait for the $29.99 price point....seems like it will not be long. :)

Went ahead and picked it up. I usually try to pay $35 or less so this was right at the border.

Thanks.
My edge card just expired last month so I wasn't able to get the additional 10% off which was upsetting. I was told I could renew for 14.99 but I wasn't trying to do that.

I'm another cag with such a huge backlog that there is never a reason for me to spend more than $20-30 on any game...and I'm VERY interested in this one.

bread's done
Back