Gears of War 2 LE Artbook Replacement

Wait there's French ones in English SEs? Hmm I might just register for an extra book, I can use one as my beater book and another as a keeper.

[quote name='kathos']Wait there's French ones in English SEs? Hmm I might just register for an extra book, I can use one as my beater book and another as a keeper.[/quote]

As long as you have the LE and the gold lancer code hooked up to your account, you can get the book.

It's required that you have the gold lancer code activated, though.

Else everyone could "Fable II" it ;)

Thanks! When I got it I was a little miffed I couldn't keep my english book in the same case as the steelbook. Glad I can get the correct book now.

[quote name='andsoitgoes']As long as you have the LE and the gold lancer code hooked up to your account, you can get the book.

It's required that you have the gold lancer code activated, though.

Else everyone could "Fable II" it ;)[/quote]
I don't have an xbox live account, so I chose to do step 4 to recieve my replacement book, whcih is signing on to your Windows Live ID Account, and they did not ask for the lancer code or anything else to prove that I have the game.

In 8-10 weeks I not even going to remember what this book is for, but I guess this better then just stuck with french book

[quote name='zeze']I don't have an xbox live account, so I chose to do step 4 to recieve my replacement book, whcih is signing on to your Windows Live ID Account, and they did not ask for the lancer code or anything else to prove that I have the game.[/QUOTE]

You still have to have steps 1 - 3 in order to complete the "order"

Do you even have a silver account? Have you put the gold lancer code in?

If not, it shouldn't have worked. If it did, I wouldn't get your hopes up in getting the art book. And if you do, then bueno!

I just did the Windows Live registration and it seemed to work alright for me, asked me to allow 8-10 weeks for delivery. All I had to do was sign into my account.

[quote name='andsoitgoes']Else everyone could "Fable II" it ;)[/quote]

Yep, I'll find out in 2 months if it worked :lol:. Might as well try.

I thought the gold lancer was gamestop only. I got 5 multiplayer maps with mine. So if I didn't get the lancer with mine but have the LE I'm SOL?

[quote name='sendme']I thought the gold lancer was gamestop only. I got 5 multiplayer maps with mine. So if I didn't get the lancer with mine but have the LE I'm SOL?[/quote]

Gold Hammerburst was midnight launch at participating retailers. I think that's what you're thinking of. Gold Lancer comes with every copy of the Limited Collector's Edition. Did you bother peeling the back of the card yet? All the codes are under there. :p

[quote name='Intangible 360']Thanks for the heads up on this I thought it was pretty pathetic for a triple A game like this to do this.[/quote]

Well think of how the french must feel. They're usually the ones that get the short end of the stick. But I guess they're used to it, if it was the french book that was paperback nothing would've been done lol.

Thanks for the link. I'm glad they don't want you to send in the floppy english one, after about 5 minutes of having it I ripped out the french pages from the hardcover and glued the english pages into it :D.

[quote name='bs000']Gold Hammerburst was midnight launch at participating retailers. I think that's what you're thinking of. Gold Lancer comes with every copy of the Limited Collector's Edition. Did you bother peeling the back of the card yet? All the codes are under there. :p

Well think of how the french must feel. They're usually the ones that get the short end of the stick. But I guess they're used to it, if it was the french book that was paperback nothing would've been done lol.[/QUOTE]

No i havent. I really havnet played the game much and thought it was just map packs I will have to do this then.

Thanks for the info! Was the rest of the LE Bilingual? Case, Steelbook, instructions? I'm waiting to get a US copy because of the artbook. I may jump on it in Canada since I can now replace the artbook.

Hell I have yet to even open the art book. did all of them come the same or was it just a few that were not in english? The cover to mine was in english but I never did open it. I signed up to get a new one and then put in the code to get the golden lancer and 5 maps. I tried the 48 hour code but i guess you cant have gold when you put in a 48 hour code.

[quote name='sendme']Hell I have yet to even open the art book. did all of them come the same or was it just a few that were not in english? The cover to mine was in english but I never did open it. I signed up to get a new one and then put in the code to get the golden lancer and 5 maps. I tried the 48 hour code but i guess you cant have gold when you put in a 48 hour code.[/quote]

from the sounds of it, all, or at least a vast majority of the canadian LE's had the french hardcover book and the english softcover one.

I just got my replacement in the mail today. It was nicely packaged in a bobble wrap envelope and the book it self is sealed in plastic.

[quote name='Princess Zelda']I just got my replacement in the mail today. It was nicely packaged in a bobble wrap envelope and the book it self is sealed in plastic.[/quote]

nice. i was wondering when they'd show up. hopefully i get mine today or tomorrow.

I got mine in on Friday and its nice to have the english one :), I can confirm that the gold lancer code did not need to be entered to recieve this (at least for me) as I sold my code online and never entered it.

[quote name='ShocWave']I wonder how much I can get for the 2 extra artbooks once my replacement arrives :lol:[/quote]

hehe - I thought the same thing.

Probably nothing. But hey, worth a chance? Maybe find a niche market in the French Canadian eBay!!

Princess - bobble wrap? Interesting, I'd like to see that ;)

Mine came today. Then I dropped it. No more sharp corner. :(

[quote name='andsoitgoes']
Princess - bobble wrap? Interesting, I'd like to see that ;)[/quote]

It's made in a factory full of cute little dragons. If they shoot one too many and go past the requested dimensions they're fired. But only until they insert another quarter.

HAHA I didn't even see that this was for people in canada. I singed up to get a replacement then looked at mine and saw that the cover was in english. I wonder with me being in the US and haveing one from the US if I will get this. I had forgot all about it till i saw this thread again.

Ordered mine in early December. Nothing yet.

I don't suppose there's any way to even check the order process?

LOL @ Microsoft. It really speaks to the power of their brand name if they consistently put out crap like this and can still get away with it.

I havent' received mine either, although I'm not too surprised since all I did was e-mail sign up, without giving any real proof that I bought the game.

[quote name='kgroat']In 8-10 weeks I not even going to remember what this book is for, but I guess this better then just stuck with french book[/QUOTE]

I got mine in about 3 weeks haha. If it says 8-10 weeks you'll get it about 4 months later :cool:

Sent in my request for a replacement in mid December, right before they shut down this program. Just received the hardcover book today.

Took awhile, but it came eventually. Boo yeah! :cool:

[quote name='MoFuzz']Sent in my request for a replacement in mid December, right before they shut down this program. Just received the hardcover book today.

Took awhile, but it came eventually. Boo yeah! :cool:[/quote]

I sent mine in right at the beginning of the promo and still haven't received it. Hopefully this means the second pressing is being sent out :D.

Sent in my request when this was first posted (before I bought the game), and haven't received anything. I've since purchased the LE though, but it's still not yet on my profile (trying to get through GOW 1 first). My hopes aren't high.

[quote name='Intangible 360']Nothing here yet.[/quote]

Yeah same here, I wish there was a number I could call to see if they got my request....this is pretty frustrating.

bread's done
Back