Gears of War 3 $40, RAGE $38, Deus Ex $28, more @ glyde.com

alrix

CAG Veteran
As the title says...I was browsing glyde.com earlier and noticed a bunch of newer games at pretty low prices. I haven't bought from this site before so I can't speak for it, maybe someone else can give their 2 cents on it. I know the prices fluctuate though depending on the seller (I think?). Seems like it might be a site like amazon or something similar where you buy from individuals rather than from a stock of a game...anyway the prices seemed nice so I figured I might as well try and start out my CAG membership with a bang. :cool:

Anyway check it out:

RAGE
Gears of War 3
Deus Ex: Human Revolution

There are also cheap other games if you browse around...NBA 2k12 is $46, Mass Effect 2 $12, etc.

Also I see Skies of Arcadia Legends for $27 under their Daily Deals...I'm eyeballing that one.

just a heads up though, so far I'm 0-2 as far as games from glyde actually shipping. Been issued refunds because the sellers never shipped the games. So far its just been a good way to tie up money for a couple weeks.

I got a graphic novel through glyde. Seller had listed it as Brand New but it wasnt. I remember thinking the return policy sucked and that I was better off keeping it than going through the hassle

[quote name='ticktack']just a heads up though, so far I'm 0-2 as far as games from glyde actually shipping. Been issued refunds because the sellers never shipped the games. So far its just been a good way to tie up money for a couple weeks.[/QUOTE]Same thing just happened to me. First time ordering from them too, not sure if I ever will again. I ordered Gears 3 for $42 shipped and and it's been a whole week and still hasn't shipped. I checked my bank account this morning and I have been issued a refund, not sure if/when glyde will cancel the transaction cause it still says pending in my account. Should I just contact glyde and tell them to cancel the order or wait til they cancel it? I'm kind of frustrated that it's taking so long and was about to order from amazon warehouse as apposed to glyde..

I only ordered one game from glyde and although shipping was slow as can be it did arrive. Outrageous shipping though

I have 15 in glyde credit, but Im worried about buying an "excellent" copy of a game that wont include the online pass (rage, resistance 3, driver etc)

[quote name='ticktack']just a heads up though, so far I'm 0-2 as far as games from glyde actually shipping. Been issued refunds because the sellers never shipped the games. So far its just been a good way to tie up money for a couple weeks.[/QUOTE]
Haven't shopped at Glyde, but they couldn't be worst than DeepDiscount... are they?

I have ordered from them in the past....it really depends on the seller that you get. To bad you can't pick the seller. My most recent order came here faster than expected...DOA4 and in pristine condition.

Glyde sucks. Every time I have ordered something it's been cancelled. I get a message "this usually doesn't happen" but really, it does. Waste of time.

[quote name='confoosious']you guys should try gamestaq.com (Free plug flooty!)[/QUOTE]

Has it been working for you? Seems like traffic is way down since when it began. I listed a game (Crysis 2) and it took several weeks to move from the 5th spot to where I sold it. By that time the price had dropped so much it wasn't worth it and I just sold in on amazon.

I have made 5 purchases from Glyde, only one did not ship (my last purchase). It isn't really Glyde's fault so much as the individual sellers on the site. Unfortunately, it seems like more and more dead beat sellers may be finding their way onto the site.

[quote name='cheeky']Has it been working for you? Seems like traffic is way down since when it began. I listed a game (Crysis 2) and it took several weeks to move from the 5th spot to where I sold it. By that time the price had dropped so much it wasn't worth it and I just sold in on amazon.[/QUOTE]

I've sold a couple games recently. But yeah, they need to really step it up with their marketing efforts. And they need to pay for those marketing efforts out of their own pocket and not the pockets of the sellers.

For example, they advertise $20 GAMES! and make a big to do out of it. But all they're doing is dropping the sell price of the games from the sellers. (without even telling the sellers mind you -- you just log in and see the game you listed at $30 is now selling for $20 without any of your input.) So the sellers have less incentive to sell. They spent $300 or so giving away a PS3 when they were better off just sending out 30 $10 coupons. That way buyers get cheaper prices and sellers get the same amount for selling.

I like those guys and support them but their business strategy is horribly wrong. You HAVE to have ratings for particular sellers. There's no incentive to ship fast and/or sell nicer copies if the buying process is just "next man up." I love their fees (much less than ebay) but it's like they took a look at everything that makes ebay super successful and decided to do the opposite. (I will say their fee structure and label system is great.)

(ehh i'm bored so let me continue here)

They basically ignore the two biggest incentives for sellers and I think it's a big mistake.

1. Free hand of the marketplace? - nope, they determine what the price is. So my new extra copy of Whatever Game sells for the same as a used copy? That aint right. Or even if I build my reputation as a great seller with fast shipping and mint condition games. I get the same amount as the lazy ass who ships a week later and causes headaches for everyone?

2. Reward for good work - nope, nobody is given a chance to rate me on my selling. It's not like I'm gonna start a business on gamestaq or anything but I'm one of those people that like to ship things out right away. I'm a little OCD about things. So if there are two copies of Star Wars on sale, I want a user to see my rating and choose me, otherwise what's my incentive for being a good seller? Or what if I just feel like selling a game for $10 less than everyone else?

actually, I guess basically I want them to be like ebay but everything is BIN and they send the label and the fees are $1-$2. They could kill it on volume if they simply took that approach and attracted ebay sellers.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have bought Gears of War 3 new with their $5 off code for a total of $43 and all I can say is that if you haven't bought anything from glyde, you can use their $5 off code for your first purchase but after that won't it won't work again. They might charge a lot for shipping but they don't charge tax, but I don't know if it's tax-free for every or certain states but the shipping does take 1 to 2 weeks to arrive. All I can say is that they're legit and great on new game prices and haven't got any trouble with them yet.

Glyde is good for selling older games, that the time isn't worth the few % you might get on craigslist or something.

For major games, Glyde's cut is too big. Sell GoW 3 for $40, get $35 maybe.

I only ordered one game, Folklore for like $8, got refund since seller never shipped. Than it showed up two weeks later and I got charged since the seller finally mailed it. If you are an honest seller and ship the day you get the mailer, its not a bad service to get rid of some older games. Sell your new released elsewhere though.

Not that I really like advertising, but if people are iffy on Glyde...

I'm trying to sell my Gears 3 for $40 as well. Guaranteed faster/more reliable than Glyde.

I just ask that you have a good amount of feedback if buying. I might accept a partial trade for 1600MSP + PayPal as well.

I've personally never used Glyde, as the prices/wait times are never exceptional. Not bad prices, but you still have to put up with potentially incompetent people/waiting for the shipping supplies.

bread's done
Back