Gears of War 3 $59.99 + $20 gift card at Bestbuy.com

[quote name='iRandom']Will be going this weekend for an in-store PM
Nice one OP

Gears 3 has a TIV of $26[/QUOTE]

Would they PM in store?

Says excludes prior purchases in the details.

[quote name='scblueeyedguy']Would they PM in store?[/QUOTE]

Probably YMMV? I dunno
It's from their site so I'd say the chance is good
And it doesn't say anything about it being online only so it's worth the try

Free Gift Card Offer
Excludes prior purchases. May not be valid in combination with other offers. Gift Card good toward future purchase.

Savings will be reflected in your cart when all promotional requirements are met. Limit one Gift Card per customer, per order. If you remove any of the qualifying items from your cart or cancel all or part of your order, you will not receive the promotional savings. Valid on in-stock items only. Items may ship separately. Offer subject to change.

[quote name='iRandom']Probably YMMV? I dunno
And it doesn't say anything about it being online only so it's worth the try[/QUOTE]

It says online only in gray font right above where it says Free $20 Gift Card in big bold lettering.

[quote name='iRandom']Probably YMMV? I dunno
And it doesn't say anything about it being online only so it's worth the try[/QUOTE]

Definitely a big YMMV since it says online only on the page. PM later could be tough. You'd have to call them and hope they don't try to say "but you go tthe $20 giftcard."

[quote name='cancerman1120']Makes me think that their 5/100 deal is not drumming up the business they expected.[/QUOTE]

No duh (not directed at you but BBY) I could've told them that. Makes me wonder sometimes what the heck their marketing team gets paid for.

Hey let's make an awesome program to allow customers to get 5 games for $40 on release day, but make it credit so they have to come back.

Sweet I like it.

Guy in the corner speaks up "but what about our casual customers?"

To hear the reply of "F them"

This is interesting. I may see if they will price match and if not just return my preorder and rebuy online. Then worry about a different preorder for the 5/100.
A bird in hand, right?

[quote name='ninjabenja']This is interesting. I may see if they will price match and if not just return my preorder and rebuy online. Then worry about a different preorder for the 5/100.
A bird in hand, right?[/QUOTE]

i prefer 2 in the bush tbh. |n|/_

[quote name='scblueeyedguy']Definitely a big YMMV since it says online only on the page. PM later could be tough. You'd have to call them and hope they don't try to say "but you go tthe $20 giftcard."[/QUOTE]

Just buy online and return the game with the old receipt....pm might take you a while depending if your best buy store has idiots working there

[quote name='gb2003']Just buy online and return the game with the old receipt....pm might take you a while depending if your best buy store has idiots working there[/QUOTE]

This.

The odds of you getting the world's dumbest employee to either PM or give you a GC on a prior purchase when it clearly says you can't are pretty slim.

[quote name='ninjabenja']This is interesting. I may see if they will price match and if not just return my preorder and rebuy online. Then worry about a different preorder for the 5/100.
A bird in hand, right?[/QUOTE] How would one go about returning an opened game?

[quote name='marioman']How would one go about returning an opened game?[/QUOTE]

You can't return an opened game, but you can do this:

[quote name='gb2003']Just buy online and return the game with the old receipt....[/QUOTE]

You're welcome. ;)

Damn, I just purchased on 9/20 and missed the 30 days return window. You can only return games within 30 days, right?

[quote name='foreinter']Damn, I just purchased on 9/20 and missed the 30 days return window. You can only return games within 30 days, right?[/QUOTE]

unless you're a silver member then it's 45.

Wait why is this marked Dead? It's still live on their site

Also order online to get the $20 gc then call in to get it PM with Target for $49.99. Making this a $35 purchase after tax. ( I buy with GC so yes I can say that.)

[quote name='kouleefoh']Wait why is this marked Dead? It's still live on their site

Also order online to get the $20 gc then call in to get it PM with Target for $49.99. Making this a $35 purchase after tax. ( I buy with GC so yes I can say that.)[/QUOTE]

Can you price match when you pick up at ship to store? I called online and they said if they price match you will not get the gift card?

[quote name='Joker2007']Can you price match when you pick up at ship to store? I called online and they said if they price match you will not get the gift card?[/QUOTE]
You cannot PM online orders in store, u must call the 877 number. That's what in store reps always tell me. Last time I called, it was super easy. They just match it. Maybe you have a strict rep. Try with another one.

[quote name='kouleefoh']You cannot PM online orders in store, u must call the 877 number. That's what in store reps always tell me. Last time I called, it was super easy. They just match it. Maybe you have a strict rep. Try with another one.[/QUOTE]

Do you have to do this even if you chose "pick up at store"?

[quote name='kouleefoh']You cannot PM online orders in store, u must call the 877 number. That's what in store reps always tell me. Last time I called, it was super easy. They just match it. Maybe you have a strict rep. Try with another one.[/QUOTE]

I tried again but no luck.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Makes me think that their 5/100 deal is not drumming up the business they expected.[/QUOTE]

With the way the company is being ran (down the craphole) and associates in stores not knowing what's going on+being rude, it's a no brainer.

Just buy the game online and get the $20 gc, go back with the sealed gears of war 3 game and your old (other) receipt and return it. Problem solved, they can't refuse.

bread's done
Back