Gears of War 3 $59.99 + 800 Microsoft Points at Gamestop.com

karatebear

CAGiversary!
http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-360/games/gears-of-war-3/77663

Gamestop is giving 800 microsoft points with the purchase of new copies of gears of war 3 and possibly used copies as well. I say possibly because nowhere on the page does it say otherwise but I have no way of ultimately confirming it without calling/e-mailing which I am much too lazy to do.

I realize that Bestbuy.com is currently giving out a $20 gift card with the purchase of gears of war 3 but this might be more useful for people sitting on a mountain of gamestop credit.

Wow, GameStop manages to remain lame. Buy it at Amazon for $54.96, get free shipping & no tax for most. Save your credit for when they have a "better deal". Or quit trading stuff there since there are many other better options. Like Best Buy so you can change your Best Buy credit to Amazon credit if you need to.

Some of us may be thinking it so I'll go ahead & say it

Can you buy it, get the code on your receipt, go home, redeem the code, and return the game unopened for your $ back? :p

Anyone ordered large collector's edition (think Halo 3: Legendary or Halo: Reach Legendary) from GameStop?

How is the item packaged and what condition does the item arrive in?

[quote name='takingshape']Some of us may be thinking it so I'll go ahead & say it

Can you buy it, get the code on your receipt, go home, redeem the code, and return the game unopened for your $ back? :p[/QUOTE]

I would think it works. DLC codes given out for preorders show up on the receipt and are still good even if the game is returned.

buying a used gears of war 3 for the 800 points does work, but it was a pain in the butt for me. I had to call corporate and make an issue of it for them to finally give me the points.

[quote name='SyxxHallNash']The first DLC is 800 MSP, it's the General Raam DLC in December that is 1200.[/QUOTE]

I sit corrected! good deal then if you have lots of gs credit!

[quote name='sdcranford']Wow, GameStop manages to remain lame. Buy it at Amazon for $54.96, get free shipping & no tax for most. Save your credit for when they have a "better deal". Or quit trading stuff there since there are many other better options. Like Best Buy so you can change your Best Buy credit to Amazon credit if you need to.[/QUOTE]

How do you go about doing this these days? The BBY by me used to carry Amazon Kindle cards but now they don't. I would love to convert my BBY GC to amazon credit. Wasn't sure if there was another way to do it or if your store still carries Kindle cards.

bread's done
Back