Gears of War 3: Limited Edition 35$ Target.com

This should be 15 at most at this point
I agree! Especially since the LE doesn't really have anything that great in it? I remember seeing a few unboxing videos back when it came out, but can't remember anything note worthy. I think it came with a COG necklace? Even at that $35 is still a little steep IMO.

Thanks for the heads up though OP! My friends might be interested in this!

I recently price checked one at my local Walmart. The top is slightly ripped open but other than that it's new. $80 still....
I got you beat. A local walmart still has 4-5 of the Gears 2 Limited Edition games for the MSRP of $69.99 (it may have been $79.99 but the point being it's full price).

They had a DMC 4 CE (360, beat to hell) and a MvC3 SE (360) that were all full price as well.

Its all about supply and demand. If it be for the goods of the limited edition or the availability of the limited edition. We can all argue that you can find the game used for 5 bucks anywhere.

Its all about supply and demand. If it be for the goods of the limited edition or the availability of the limited edition. We can all argue that you can find the game used for 5 bucks anywhere.
I think that is what people are alluding to. MS has some popular franchises (Halo, Gears, etc.) but they beat them into the ground and still expect consumers to buy them up in record setting amounts and each time they don't which means there are tons of LE/CE's sitting around. It happened for Halo: Reach, Halo 4, Gears 3, etc.

Target has had it at this price on their website for at least three months now and newegg had it months ago I know for $20 maybe even sub $20 a few times

I have virtually no interest in Gears but I wanted this LE for the Gear inside. Gears are kinda my thing. I picked it up for nothing when GameStop converted them to used. Bought it, gutted out all the goodies and returned it. :D

I have virtually no interest in Gears but I wanted this LE for the Gear inside. Gears are kinda my thing. I picked it up for nothing when GameStop converted them to used. Bought it, gutted out all the goodies and returned it. :D
So you returned an incomplete item... So nice to know that I can go into gamestop, and buy games, then return just the disc by your logic...

You can as far as I know. How would they know they didn't sell you just the disc? I returned the game in the case of course. Just kept the extras.

It was not incomplete. I bought a used Gears of War and returned a used Gears of War. It was not listed as anything other than a standard used Gears.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can as far as I know. How would they know they didn't sell you just the disc? I returned the game in the case of course. Just kept the extras.It was not incomplete. I bought a used Gears of War and returned a used Gears of War. It was not listed as anything other than a standard used Gears.
Keep telling yourself that scumbag steve

So you returned an incomplete item... So nice to know that I can go into gamestop, and buy games, then return just the disc by your logic...
Its not incomplete if it was converted to used. A lot of Gamestops even field destroy the CE extras when they are converted to used. And yes, you can buy a complete used game from GS, and return it as disc only. Kind of a dick move, but its well within their rules, and their return policy.

I agree! Especially since the LE doesn't really have anything that great in it? I remember seeing a few unboxing videos back when it came out, but can't remember anything note worthy. I think it came with a COG necklace? Even at that $35 is still a little steep IMO.
If you're curious, it includes a small blue COG flag, a Gear (Octus) Medal with the Adam Fenix DLC code engraved into it, a casing for an award for Adam Fenix (Marcus' father), and some photos of Adam Fenix, along with some blueprints for the Hammer of Dawn. It lacks an artbook and any extra disc(s) with behind the scenes footage or imagery. It's actually quite disappointing when compared to the previous limited editions in the series.

Please note that the Epic Edition does include an artbook, as well as all of the materials included in the Limited Edition, but oddly lacks the slipcover that the Limited Edition includes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Its not incomplete if it was converted to used. A lot of Gamestops even field destroy the CE extras when they are converted to used. And yes, you can buy a complete used game from GS, and return it as disc only. Kind of a dick move, but its well within their rules, and their return policy.
still makes him a thief and an a-hole.

Been this price for a year plus now. We were also able to order the Epic Edition at Target for I think $59.99 but those sold out.

You can as far as I know. How would they know they didn't sell you just the disc? I returned the game in the case of course. Just kept the extras.

It was not incomplete. I bought a used Gears of War and returned a used Gears of War. It was not listed as anything other than a standard used Gears.
Absolutely nothing wrong with what he did here. When Gamestop converts new to used they are suppose to scrap the extra stuff anyway. That is their policy. Steve just caught Gamestop slipping at their own game...stop

bread's done
Back