Gears of War 3 Limited Edition converted to pre-owned @ GameStop B&M Only

sasukekun

CAGiversary!
Feedback
120 (100%)
Starting today (3/23) Gears of War 3 Limited Edition (SKU# 201051) will be converted to pre-owned. If you happen to be trading in games for the 50/60% bonus this week, it doesn't hurt to ask if they have it.

Limited Edition contents:
  • Octus Service Medal: A zinc-alloy replica of the cog-shaped medal awarded to Adam Fenix in recognition of his work on the Hammer of Dawn.
  • Adam Fenix Multiplayer Character: Each Octus Service Medal replica is engraved with a unique Xbox LIVE code that unlocks Adam Fenix as a playable character in multiplayer mode.
  • Fenix Family Mementos & Fabric COG Flag: Includes the “Last Will and Testament” of Adam Fenix, the initial Hammer of Dawn schematic, and other memorabilia; the flag features the proud colors that once flew over the House of Sovereigns.

No stores with new inventory within 100 miles of me according to the website, no way to check used...wonder if no new are showing cause they are now used? A quick trip may be in order, just wish I knew the used price

Snagged one Thanks OP !! Quick question, are the employees supposed to gut these or wait till a customer buys it? The reason I ask is because the first store said they didn't have a copy but I noticed the empty Cog holder on counter behind the register.

[quote name='Dark Rider']FYI: it's still $37.99 used. So it's really not that great a deal.[/QUOTE]

Well It is used so if you don't like it you can basically keep the stuff for free and get a full refund on the game.

I paid $18 for a new copy of the standard game. I also won a copy of the season pass. So I'm happy with that. Don't really need a second copy of the game. Great price for this game though. Worth any price if you ask me.

My store had not gutted it yet so I got a brand new one still sealed for used price. Also had some PUR coupons that I had to use and paid $20 out of pocket. :D

[quote name='oldboy26']i want the epic edition statue bad but not $100 bad...come on price drop![/QUOTE]

Me too, I still have my eye on that statue and the arkham city statue.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']Me too, I still have my eye on that statue and the arkham city statue.[/QUOTE]

I have the AC statue, looking for Skyrim and GoW3.

Is it normal for GS to open these up when they convert them to used? If not necessarily gutting the copies but at least cracking the seals on the games?

Picked one up at my GS today after not finding it at the TRU. The cashier told me they converted them to used status but it was still new and sealed. I didn't bother to double check because it looked sealed. But when I got home I saw that someone had actually cut the sealing sticker on the box.

I compared what was inside my box to some youtube unboxing videos and it looks like all the extras are present and in perfect condition, but I haven't tried to redeem the DLC codes yet. There also was not any "security tape" or plastic wrap on the game case itself, but from the unboxing videos it looks like none of the copies had this?

Is this normal for GS to do when they convert unsold "new" games to "used" status? Should I go back and see if they have a real "sealed" one? I do intend to open it and play it so keeping it sealed is not a big deal, but just wanted to make sure what I got was complete and pristine.

[quote name='Ruahrc']Is it normal for GS to open these up when they convert them to used? If not necessarily gutting the copies but at least cracking the seals on the games?

Picked one up at my GS today after not finding it at the TRU. The cashier told me they converted them to used status but it was still new and sealed. I didn't bother to double check because it looked sealed. But when I got home I saw that someone had actually cut the sealing sticker on the box.

I compared what was inside my box to some youtube unboxing videos and it looks like all the extras are present and in perfect condition, but I haven't tried to redeem the DLC codes yet. There also was not any "security tape" or plastic wrap on the game case itself, but from the unboxing videos it looks like none of the copies had this?

Is this normal for GS to do when they convert unsold "new" games to "used" status? Should I go back and see if they have a real "sealed" one? I do intend to open it and play it so keeping it sealed is not a big deal, but just wanted to make sure what I got was complete and pristine.[/QUOTE]

yes, when converting CEs to used they have been known to toss all the special contents and just sell the games.

I looked all over the east side of town for hours the other day and no one had it. Popped into my local store just now and asked expecting nothing. To my complete shock they had one. Wish I went there in the first place.

got lucky and got two one sealed new one gutted and the slip cover ripped but all contents their. giving one to my sister and keeping the sealed for myself.

bread's done
Back