Gears Of War 3 Limited Edition (NOT Epic Edition)-$9.98 in-store @ TRU

When I went looking today for the Assassin's Creed Brotherhood and Saint's Row 3 Collector's Editions that're $9.98 at TRU the one employee told me that the Gears Of War 3 LE is also down to $9.98.

This is IN-STORE ONLY!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, I wonder what is up with them putting a lot of games for $10 the past couple days.. and why never one i can find in stock? :p

I scanned both versions of batman ac collectors edition and they are still 99.99. I figured with these limited editions getring clearanced latkey that I would give it a try

Well this thread is gonna explode once these flippers starts bragging about buying "x" amount of copies and sell them blah blah blah.

Hopefully Shrike or some other mod is on the ball once they start trolling.

[quote name='Palinn']Sadly, my TRU had nothing. The clerk said they hardly ever get collector editions. Bummer.[/QUOTE]

Atleast yours isn't in the process of moving. The vultures have already picked up everything electronic wise. o well.

Just called two TRUs near me. I called the TRU in Clackamas, OR, and was told that the company sold out of all Limited Editions of the game on Monday. I asked if she was sure and she said "positive," but I still have my doubts. But I couldn't find the product on TRU's website. Of course, that might just be because their search engine is terrible.

Thanks a lot for posting this! I was inside my TRU looking for either Saints Row or AC:B but struck out and figured I would check CAG while quick while I was there. I found one at the Hagerstown, MD store and one is left for someone else.

It's deals like this I see once in awhile on CAG that make me drop what I'm doing to go grab a cheapass game. I doubt its there, but a TRU isn't too far from me.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']
...the one employee told me that the Gears Of War 3 CE is also down to $9.98.

This is IN-STORE ONLY!![/QUOTE]

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think there is a such thing as a "collectors edition" of Gears 3. There was limited, and epic, and of course regular. Limited was the originally $99 black box with the large COG award. Is that the one you mean? Just trying to clarify, not be a prick about terminology.

[quote name='Katsumi']Wow, I wonder what is up with them putting a lot of games for $10 the past couple days.. and why never one i can find in stock? :p[/QUOTE]

My area is flooded with CAGs, so I usually don't get it on these clearance deals that always comes up. Unfortunate. T__T

Wasted one gallon of gas going to tru, had a feeling I was wasting my time. Sure enough, found nothing at all.

[quote name='DJP519']Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think there is a such thing as a "collectors edition" of Gears 3. There was limited, and epic, and of course regular. Limited was the originally $99 black box with the large COG award. Is that the one you mean? Just trying to clarify, not be a prick about terminology.[/QUOTE]

Yes, it is the Limited Edition. I checked the web page and it does show the epic edition at $99.98, if anyone wants to get in on that. The Hagerstown, MD store had one of those.

Wow... and I saw a few when I was looking for the Saints Row bundle. Didn't think to check on it though. I'll keep it in mind the next time I'm by TRU.

[quote name='DJP519']Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think there is a such thing as a "collectors edition" of Gears 3. There was limited, and epic, and of course regular. Limited was the originally $99 black box with the large COG award. Is that the one you mean? Just trying to clarify, not be a prick about terminology.[/QUOTE]
Yes. After double checking the various editions available I realized my mistake and I have edited the title and OP to reflect this change.

Thanks IATCG, hit the La Cienega store and there they were. Had the normal price tag of $79.99 and rang up at $9.98. I'm sure if they had been red tagged/clearance tagged they would have been long gone.

These things are exactly as pictured in the link above, about 3 DVD cases thick, thick paper stock packaging.

yah wow...please add me to the list if any of you can find multiple copies I'd really appreciate one waiting on my doorstep for when I return to the states here soon...i'd of course chip in a bit for the trouble

I can confirm this. I got the only 2 GOW3 LEs (one for me and one for a friend) at the Chino Hills, CA store. One of them was still marked $89.99. But when I had a cashier take them out of the glass case and scan them, they were showing up at the clearance price. Thanks OP for the heads up!!!

[quote name='MidnightMarauder74']I can confirm this. I got the only 2 GOW3 LEs (one for me and one for a friend) at the Chino Hills, CA store. One of them was still marked $89.99. But when I had a cashier take them out of the glass case and scan them, they were showing up at the clearance price. Thanks OP for the heads up!!![/QUOTE]

Did the CH store have anymore?

I wish BB price matching policies weren't up to manager approval. My last two potential PM's were shot down only when they saw the discount.

[quote name='MidnightMarauder74']I can confirm this. I got the only 2 GOW3 LEs (one for me and one for a friend) at the Chino Hills, CA store. One of them was still marked $89.99. But when I had a cashier take them out of the glass case and scan them, they were showing up at the clearance price. Thanks OP for the heads up!!![/QUOTE]

Crap, that was the store I was going to tomorrow. Hope there's still some left in Hacienda Heights..

Well this is on the way to work today so I will check them out. Maybe even finally pick up a guitar hero controller (three years after buying the games).

Toys R Us is so broken in terms of their website claiming availability for products, it's barely believable. Same is true with in-store, but it's hard to blame local employees, since they're so screwed at the corporate level.

[quote name='dragonjud']Meh. Don't waste too much gas hunting this down. It was up on Slickdeals 3 days ago.[/QUOTE]

Damn, yeah then there's a small chance if you find one.

bread's done
Back