Gears Of War 3 Limited Edition (NOT Epic Edition)-$9.98 in-store @ TRU

When I went looking today for the Assassin's Creed Brotherhood and Saint's Row 3 Collector's Editions that're $9.98 at TRU the one employee told me that the Gears Of War 3 LE is also down to $9.98.

This is IN-STORE ONLY!!

Last edited by a moderator:
The Transit store (Williansville, Ny) didn't have any in stock. I was able to grab a Brotherhood CE for $10 though. Wasn't a total waste of a trip.

Thanks OP. I remembered seeing one in the case when I picked up Kinectimals last week. Stopped in after work and it was still in the case.

Marked $79.99, rang up at $9.98.

[quote name='Romeo']My store had at least four GoW3 LE in the past, now all are randomly gone. Someone had to hoard them.[/QUOTE]
Don't blame me this time.:razz: According to someone on SD(ThanosAndSonya), they're from the area and grabbed the Gears Of War 3 LE in WB, then checked the Dickson City store for LE's too.:cry:

They said they 'grabbed a copy in WB'. http://slickdeals.net/forums/showpost.php?p=48624116&postcount=53

There's also a guy named Rich that's friends with that local game shop owner who goes far n wide looking for deals. I talked to him the other day at the local shop by me and he's been going as far as Schuylkill County for deals as of late.:shock: So if anything, it might be him or the game shop owner clearing them out now.

Anyone picking this up should check the contents before you leave the store, just to be safe.
I thought I got lucky and scored 2, but I just got around to opening to discover both contain no game discs. The seal on top is unbroken, but it looks like someone could have unfolded the bottom and gotten the game out easily. Haven't checked if the online codes have been used, but it wouldn't surprise me if they are.
Now I'm not sure if I should even bother returning them since it will probably look like I did it, the employees were already shocked at the clearance price when I purchased.

[quote name='C00K']Anyone picking this up should check the contents before you leave the store, just to be safe.
I thought I got lucky and scored 2, but I just got around to opening to discover both contain no game discs. The seal on top is unbroken, but it looks like someone could have unfolded the bottom and gotten the game out easily. Haven't checked if the online codes have been used, but it wouldn't surprise me if they are.
Now I'm not sure if I should even bother returning them since it will probably look like I did it, the employees were already shocked at the clearance price when I purchased.[/QUOTE]
This is why I rarely keep games sealed anymore. The only game I think I have in my collection that's still sealed is :xbox:Psychonauts that I got from Kmart for like $3 about 4 years ago or so. I used to always keep games sealed until I was gonna play them, but after a couple of missing or seriously damaged ones I stopped doing that.

Shut down on every deal at two metro Detroit TRU. Annoyed. I want to go to farther away stores but I'm pretty sure it will be a waste of gas.

[quote name='splattered']Yeah checked the Escondido CA store this morning and nothing...[/QUOTE]

Checked the one by Sea World and also nothing.

[quote name='splattered']Yeah checked the Escondido CA store this morning and nothing...[/QUOTE]

Dont ever bother going to the Escondido store... they never have any game worth buying there. I think the employees probably buy everything up and sell it to the GS next door...

[quote name='missingno81']Everything's still at regular price here.[/QUOTE]
Did you have them scan them? Sometimes the games may not be marked clearance on the shelf.

[quote name='strait edge follower']While i try to buy the remaining 6 copys of saints row 3 platinum edition in manhattan im stoping by toys r us for gears. It would be cool if i find one :)[/QUOTE]

The TRU in Times Square?

We mark down the games to those prices because they have sat in inventory far to long. Most of the stores wont have the item but the ones that do its called scattered prices markdown. Your best bet is to actually call the TRU your interested in and ask for electronics, tell them what your looking for and ask them to hold it for you. We can do 24 hour holds and most of the employes will just put it in the backroom with your name on it so it wont be sold, save yourself the gas money and annoyance. Also just because that store doesn't have it, don't think you cant get it. Ask them to check another stores inventory and they can do a phone order or a store to store of that item you want.

[quote name='Scorpion']Is the normal Gears of War 3 also 10$....like the non-limited edition just the normal one?[/QUOTE]
Just the Collectors version, due to low inventory. The normal version has to mcuh stock to be marked this low just yet.

[quote name='JerikoHusky']We mark down the games to those prices because they have sat in inventory far to long. Most of the stores wont have the item but the ones that do its called scattered prices markdown. Your best bet is to actually call the TRU your interested in and ask for electronics, tell them what your looking for and ask them to hold it for you. We can do 24 hour holds and most of the employes will just put it in the backroom with your name on it so it wont be sold, save yourself the gas money and annoyance. Also just because that store doesn't have it, don't think you cant get it. Ask them to check another stores inventory and they can do a phone order or a store to store of that item you want.[/QUOTE]

Must be a YMMV thing. Because they gave me a HELL of a time, with some other items, a day or 2 ago.

They wouldn't do store to store PLUS(amongst other madness) they said an item wasn't available in my state....an item that someone got the next day because an idiot told me that store closed at 9:30 and I got there at 9:20 something, but they closed at 9:00.

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']Must be a YMMV thing. Because they gave me a HELL of a time, with some other items, a day or 2 ago.

They wouldn't do store to store PLUS(amongst other madness) they said an item wasn't available in my state....an item that someone got the next day because an idiot told me that store closed at 9:30 and I got there at 9:20 something, but they closed at 9:00.[/QUOTE]

Some stores recently got hours changed based on sales per hour. Due to the nature of these kinds of markdowns, its probably going to be a hit or miss (based on store) to get these by other means. Figured I would just throw out some helpful tips tho that tend to work at my store if people want a certain item thats "rare" due to inventory ^.^

[quote name='KtMack23']Called the Racine WI store and the guy was like "You mean the $10 Clarence one? I sold the last two this morning" :( :( :([/QUOTE]

damnit i was going to go there later maybe, now probably not considering they prob dont have any of the good 10 dollar stuff if these are sold out. :cry:

I just came back from gamestop with these trade-in values:

Dragon Age: Awakening - $2.00 ---with 60% bonus - $3.20
Modern Warfare 2 - $5.00--- with 60% bonus - $8.00
PS3 Bluetooth Headset w/charger - $12.50 ---with 10% bonus $13.75
Xbox 360 wireless headset /charger - $6.00--- with 10% bonus $6.60
Xbox 360 wired headset - $3.00 ---with 10% bonus $3.30
PS3 Dualshock 3 - $16.00 ---with 10% bonus $17.60

512MB xbox 360 memory has no trade in value :whistle2:s.

[quote name='The 7th Number']damnit i was going to go there later maybe, now probably not considering they prob dont have any of the good 10 dollar stuff if these are sold out. :cry:[/QUOTE]

I went and They had a brotherhood collectors edition for 360 but it rang up at full price and couldn't find it on the website :(

[quote name='KtMack23']I went and They had a brotherhood collectors edition for 360 but it rang up at full price and couldn't find it on the website :([/QUOTE]

thanks, guess there is no point in me going there then. What a letdown.

[quote name='KtMack23']I went and They had a brotherhood collectors edition for 360 but it rang up at full price and couldn't find it on the website :([/QUOTE]I might be wrong, but isn't it just the PS3 CE that rings up at $9.98?

:lol: It looks like my new custom user title is gonna get lotsa use. Obviously no one has read that it's only the PS3 versions of the Assassin's Creed Brotherhood and Saint's Row 3 CE's that are $10 each and NOT the 360 versions.#-o

Tried to get Wal-mart to PM TRU for the Gears of War 3.
They had 2 left both where beat to hell too.... Doubt they will ever sell either in the condition they are in...

Needless to say after arguing for 45minutes I didn't get them to PM it...

First they tried to say even though the policy doesn't show it there is small writing (I even had it on my phone and couldn't find it and they couldn't either...) saying that to PM electronics you need an ad.

Then when I finally got them off that crap... They tried to say they pulled up the ad in the back for TRU (told them multiple times it wasn't in an ad) and it was $59.98, $34.98, and $99.98...

I pulled that up on my phone and showed them that they are dumb...
The $34.98 was the guide
The $59.98 was the standard game
The $99.98 was the epic edition..

Pulled up the SlickDeals thread as a last ditch effort and showed them the pic of the receive and the game and receipt together that's posted there...

So they tried to just saying they couldn't do it.
I finally got them to call the local TRU... (If it was the same person in electronics that was working when I went in it was some older lady that barely knew how to use the computer and couldn't figure out how to look it up let alone find other stores with it.)

I tried to tell them I'd show them the receipt again so they could give TRU the sku from it to lookup. But they didn't want it...

TRU told them the prices of the ones showing on the website.....
By that time I was peeved cause the original cashier that got the game from the case was snickering behind the store manager talking to another cow of a cashier and making comments like, I'm going to come here tommorow and price match the dollar store and say that XXX item is only $1...

I made mention to the manger that I heard her saying this and he didn't seem to care about it. So I wrote down all there names tossed (yes tossed Not throw ect) the box of diapers (Was doing errands for the wife too), at the manager and headed for the door.

I turned around as I was heading there to make sure my kid was still with me and noticed they had 2 employee's following me hah....

I called the 1.800.walmart # and made a complaint ... At this point I'm not worried about getting it PM'd... I'm more pissed at the attitude the ASM, SM, and the lackey employees had and the disrespect...

[quote name='DJP519']Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think there is a such thing as a "collectors edition" of Gears 3. There was limited, and epic, and of course regular. Limited was the originally $99 black box with the large COG award. Is that the one you mean? Just trying to clarify, not be a prick about terminology.[/QUOTE]

You are correct, there was no "collectors edition". It wasn't $99 though, it was $79.99.

[quote name='bkamagnum']Somebody wiped Columbia MD clean of all three 9.98 deals. oh well[/QUOTE]

That same 'somebody' hit up Glen Burnie last night, took all their stock (and made them search the back for more) and then had them call the Columbia store and had them hold the games while he drove up to get them.

I swear I hate people like that.

:cry:

[quote name='SnoT']Tried to get Wal-mart to PM TRU for the Gears of War 3.
They had 2 left both where beat to hell too.... Doubt they will ever sell either in the condition they are in...

SNIP
[/QUOTE]
I think they were in the right here. This isn't an ad priced item for TRU, so no price match. Maybe some individual employees would make the call in your favor, but I think policy says no.

[quote name='HarleyGuy']That same 'somebody' hit up Glen Burnie last night, took all their stock (and made them search the back for more) and then had them call the Columbia store and had them hold the games while he drove up to get them.

I swear I hate people like that.

:cry:[/QUOTE]

This reminds me of when DJ Hero packs hit $10 at TRU. 2 guys cleaned the store in 3 minutes. Some people only earn minimum wage and this is how they make their money. Sad but true.

[quote name='strait edge follower']While i try to buy the remaining 6 copys of saints row 3 platinum edition in manhattan[/QUOTE]

Sarcasm? I hope so.

First they tried to say even though the policy doesn't show it there is small writing (I even had it on my phone and couldn't find it and they couldn't either...) saying that to PM electronics you need an ad.

Then when I finally got them off that crap... They tried to say they pulled up the ad in the back for TRU (told them multiple times it wasn't in an ad) and it was $59.98, $34.98, and $99.98...

I pulled that up on my phone and showed them that they are dumb...
The $34.98 was the guide
The $59.98 was the standard game
The $99.98 was the epic edition..

Pulled up the SlickDeals thread as a last ditch effort and showed them the pic of the receive and the game and receipt together that's posted there...

So they tried to just saying they couldn't do it.
I finally got them to call the local TRU... (If it was the same person in electronics that was working when I went in it was some older lady that barely knew how to use the computer and couldn't figure out how to look it up let alone find other stores with it.)

I tried to tell them I'd show them the receipt again so they could give TRU the sku from it to lookup. But they didn't want it...

TRU told them the prices of the ones showing on the website.....
By that time I was peeved cause the original cashier that got the game from the case was snickering behind the store manager talking to another cow of a cashier and making comments like, I'm going to come here tommorow and price match the dollar store and say that XXX item is only $1...

I made mention to the manger that I heard her saying this and he didn't seem to care about it. So I wrote down all there names tossed (yes tossed Not throw ect) the box of diapers (Was doing errands for the wife too), at the manager and headed for the door.

I turned around as I was heading there to make sure my kid was still with me and noticed they had 2 employee's following me hah....

I called the 1.800.walmart # and made a complaint ... At this point I'm not worried about getting it PM'd... I'm more pissed at the attitude the ASM, SM, and the lackey employees had and the disrespect...[/QUOTE]
As they say, you get more flies with honey than vinegar. So by arguing with them for 45 minutes over something as inconsequential as a price match of a video game and then on top of it tossing the diapers at their manager, you proved that you were a beligerent and disrespectful customer.

Calling one of the cashiers a cow and tossing the diapers at the manager who wouldn't approve your baseless price match was further proof. You threw a tantrum like a lil kid when the manager and his cashiers wouldn't approve your price match request without concrete evidence that it was at the $10 price at TRU. If you owned a store, would you match some other stores' price without definitive evidence of the price? No? So then why should WalMart have to?

You're just lucky you left when you did, since their next step was probably to call the cops on you. They might've cited you for disorderly conduct and even gone so far as to have you barred from the store for your behavior.

Contrary to popular belief by many on here(and on sites like The Consumerist) anymore, the customer is NOT ALWAYS RIGHT!

Yeah, you're a horrible excuse for a person and a terrible representative of CAGs. I know I would have booted you from the store that I run.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']:lol: It looks like my new custom user title is gonna get lotsa use. Obviously no one has read that it's only the PS3 versions of the Assassin's Creed Brotherhood and Saint's Row 3 CE's that are $10 each and NOT the 360 versions.#-o[/QUOTE]

Oh..........
Well that sucks. Makes sense though. And it makes me feel better that I didn't miss a deal because of the cashier.

[quote name='oasisboy']This reminds me of when DJ Hero packs hit $10 at TRU. 2 guys cleaned the store in 3 minutes. Some people only earn minimum wage and this is how they make their money. Sad but true.[/QUOTE]
:roll:This ain't the 1950's. People work from home by buying/selling various items. It's a good way to make money without having to expend gas going to and from a 'normal' job.

[quote name='oasisboy']Sarcasm? I hope so.[/QUOTE]

No sarcasm my friend. during the first two days of trying to get one before i eventually scored 2 of them i counted the amount of copys in each bestbuy i went to. i know the locations of the remaining ones left :)

i want to see the surveillance footage of this on youtube.
ps i summarized what he wrote since his post was too long.

yotta yotta yotta old people can't use computers, they have talking livestock at walmart, strangers talking bad about me still hurts my feelings, i threw diapers at manager, where the hell are my kids? why are those 2 terminators following us? yotta yotta i'm calling customer service when i'm safe at home .[/QUOTE]

[quote name='technicalstylez']i want to see the surveillance footage of this on youtube.[/QUOTE]
:lol::applause:Personally, I'd laugh if the people at WM corporate handling the complaint that poster filed gave that info to the store manager and they in turn turned it over to the cops and that poster received a citation in the mail for disorderly conduct.;)

I know I've been more than a lil over the top myself at times regarding customer service issues in stores. But once you've been on the other side of things and worked retail, you get a sense of how wrong you were to be such a dickwad to people who work in those stores.

That's why I do try to be nice to every employee and I am very polite to virtually everybody I deal with at a retail store. The only two exceptions to this are the local DM for GS(who was condescending to me n basically accused me of stealing a Dual Shock 3 w/o saying it) and the one media manager for BB(who threatened to have me banned from "her store" for trying to buy pennied guides that were still on the shelf).

Albeit when I was trying to PM these TRU deals at the local BB stores I was also stumbling over my words and fumbling to try and figure out how to get them PM'd with the least amount of hassle. But I was always respectful in those dealings and I understood the validity of one of their reasons for denying it(price difference).

If only Wal - Mart would PM this because there's one copy left along with like 6 Reach CE's at full MSRP at my local Wal - Mart which have been there for months. Even though I bought the Epic Edition at release wouldn't mind flipping the game to game-stop and giving extras to a buddy. There's also a Mortal Kombat CE for each system which have been sitting there for months also at $60. They bother be every time i go to Wal - Mart now. :(

[quote name='technicalstylez']i want to see the surveillance footage of this on youtube.
ps i summarized what he wrote since his post was too long.[/QUOTE]

here, here. lol. 'the diaper toss of 2012'....

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']
Calling one of the cashiers a cow...QUOTE]

Maybe I read this wrong from his OP but I don't think he called her (and I'm assuming it's a 'her') a "Cow". He was just thinking it and maybe from his frustration she probably got the hint by the angst in his behavior (Like she's standing there thinking, "That guy is probably thinking I look like a cow", etc.).

Now, slow-mo of the survelliance if he did call her I cow ("COOOOOOOOOOOOW!") I'd pay a few bucks for..

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']As they say, you get more flies with honey than vinegar. So by arguing with them for 45 minutes over something as inconsequential as a price match of a video game and then on top of it tossing the diapers at their manager, you proved that you were a beligerent and disrespectful customer.

Calling one of the cashiers a cow and tossing the diapers at the manager who wouldn't approve your baseless price match was further proof. You threw a tantrum like a lil kid when the manager and his cashiers wouldn't approve your price match request without concrete evidence that it was at the $10 price at TRU. If you owned a store, would you match some other stores' price without definitive evidence of the price? No? So then why should WalMart have to?

You're just lucky you left when you did, since their next step was probably to call the cops on you. They might've cited you for disorderly conduct and even gone so far as to have you barred from the store for your behavior.

Contrary to popular belief by many on here(and on sites like The Consumerist) anymore, the customer is NOT ALWAYS RIGHT![/QUOTE]

1) Walmart price match policy is actually refered to "Our Ad Match Guarantee" so you do need the ad or hope they have a copy.
2) Walmart as well as Sears, Target, and Best Buy usually require it to be in an ad. People who get around it are lucky... its sort of like crying to a publishing company about not getting guides for a penny.
3) If you were polite, might of avoided the waste of time. I'm sure you'll get a response because you called their hotline, however the arguring and throwing fit may not be the one you want.

bread's done
Back