Gears of War 3 Xbox 360 Wireless Controller $39.99 shipped ebay (buy.com)

kevgret

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Can anyone talk me out of buying this? gamestop and bestbuy has this for $59.99...

Description

Designed by Microsoft and Epic Games, the Limited Edition Gears of War 3 Wireless Controller puts the fate of the Delta Squad in your hands and features the transforming D-Pad. This custom controller, emblazoned with the Infected Omen symbol, comes with five downloadable in-game weapon skins. Now you can take control and back up your crew. Boomers beware!

Features
Exclusive Gears of War 3 graphics
Custom multiplayer skins for the game's five starting weapons: Lancer, Retro Lancer, Hammerburst, Sawed-off Shotgun, and Gnasher Shotgun
30-foot wireless range
Infected Omen Weapon Pack downloadable content
Transforming D-pad

Buy SKU: 223113294

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Gears-W...t=Video_Games_Accessories&hash=item5d302fac5d

[quote name='poker360']Great find op

May want to put in the title "From Buy via ebay" or something like that?[/QUOTE]

Updated Title.. thanks for the tip...

[quote name='Dump1eSti1tskin']I have 4 controllers already and the $60 price kept me from getting one of these. But for $39.99 I'm tempted to buy.[/QUOTE]

I don't know how collectible/sellable they will be but maybe you can sell some of the DLC to offset the cost?

This is pretty tempting; I've been wanting a 360 controller of my own for certain PC games, and that rotating D-Pad is an interesting plus.

Can anybody who already has the controller weigh in on the quality of the D-Pad? Is it the same as the original controller, or has it been improved?

From what I have heard the d-pad is an improvement over the old d-pad but is far from being a quality d-pad. I bought one and will probably just sell the dlc as I don't care about weapon skins.

[quote name='atc250es']I just sold my dlc for $17 last week on eBay.[/QUOTE]

sold me. If I got $10 for my code, I'd be happy.

[quote name='Brother Daz']nice, so they're already shipping these out then?[/QUOTE]

Yea, I picked mine up in store at gs to use up some credit.

Thanks for the find. I bought one. I was looking at this for $50 at Walmart.com, but I couldn't make up my mind. This was a good enough deal for me.

[quote name='Hirata']This is pretty tempting; I've been wanting a 360 controller of my own for certain PC games, and that rotating D-Pad is an interesting plus.

Can anybody who already has the controller weigh in on the quality of the D-Pad? Is it the same as the original controller, or has it been improved?[/QUOTE]
Its improved greatly, it actually works now. I highly recommend the transforming d-pad controllers

Very tempting, although I hate buy since it has tax in ca. Still cheaper than amazon, looks like a nice deal.

Curious how people are selling them early and aren't worried about the buyer complaining and getting their money back.

Really I don't need a new controller, I just like gears 1 and 3 (not 2) and I'm impulsive as hell.

[quote name='clickpow']Very tempting, although I hate buy since it has tax in ca. Still cheaper than amazon, looks like a nice deal.

Curious how people are selling them early and aren't worried about the buyer complaining and getting their money back.

Really I don't need a new controller, I just like gears 1 and 3 (not 2) and I'm impulsive as hell.[/QUOTE]

If you're referencing the controller; it's already been released

[quote name='GBAstar']If you're referencing the controller; it's already been released[/QUOTE]
Yes I was, I didn't realize. I'm still scared to put dlc codes on ebay because how easy it is for the buyer to complain.

[quote name='clickpow']Yes I was, I didn't realize. I'm still scared to put dlc codes on ebay because how easy it is for the buyer to complain.[/QUOTE]

Yeah and eBay doesn't want you selling your DLC codes their either unfortunately; they have got in the habit of hiding behind something in the T&C and using it to close listings earlier; especially if you put anywhere in the listing that you'll e-mail the code to the buyer. They also won't usually allow you to list more then one of the same DLC concurrently. I ran into a lot of problems with eBay (not buyers) when I was trying to sell my MK DLC.

Overall though I'm happy; I sold several Black Ops Prestige DLC and never had any problems. I always mail the actual code too if the DLC is worth more then $20

[quote name='luettke10']From what I have heard the d-pad is an improvement over the old d-pad but is far from being a quality d-pad. I bought one and will probably just sell the dlc as I don't care about weapon skins.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Brother Daz']Its improved greatly, it actually works now. I highly recommend the transforming d-pad controllers[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the input you two. I had a look at close-ups of the D-Pad, and I'm liking how the circular diagonal part is recessed, leaving the cross raised. Went ahead and ordered one.

[quote name='Hirata']Thanks for the input you two. I had a look at close-ups of the D-Pad, and I'm liking how the circular diagonal part is recessed, leaving the cross raised. Went ahead and ordered one.[/QUOTE]

Thats exactly how I use mine. You'll definitely notice the improvement

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Argh! So tempted, but I dont' need any more controllers :bomb:[/QUOTE]

Just do it!!!

Least that's what the little voice inside my head said. I listened...

In for one. Needed my 4th controller for when we needed company, and this will be taking the place as my "main". Been wanting a transforming D-pad for awhile!

[quote name='Brother Daz']Its improved greatly, it actually works now. I highly recommend the transforming d-pad controllers[/QUOTE]
They have their own problems:
tumblr_lp236ap7sG1qzzbk8o1_500.jpg

SWEET!!!

I've almost bought this controller 5 times over the last 2 weeks. I was staring at it at Amazon just today for $58.99.

So now ive got 5 360 controllers and still only 1 ps3....dang i bought the wrong system!! Bit on this, gonna sell the code for hopefully about 23 which is very possible.

Thanks OP i had to pick this up. This makes my collection:

1 x Halo Reach Controller
1 x Halo ODST Controller
1 x Blue Controller
1 x Black Controller
2 x White Controller
1 x Wired White Controller (for use with PS3)

Damn this is my 8th 360 controller

Thanks OP. In for one. I have been eyeing these but the $59.99 price was just ridiculous. Hopefully the DLC will make this even cheaper...and hopefully the one I receive has noslow. :)

[quote name='kylerg']Tempting, but I hear the dpad breaks easily.[/QUOTE]

breaks easily is better than broken by design. This one is double-tempting as it's the first one to have both the transforming D-pad and regular-colored buttons. The C-3P0 gold controller has it too, but if it's not sold standalone then it'll be hard to find for under $100.

[quote name='kidrocklive']Wow really? That's crazy[/QUOTE]

all you need is one of these (click Spoiler). I got it on ebay for like $10

CBAP_3.jpg

Thanks just order one. I really like the design and would like to try out the new d-pad.
I have two white wireless (one of them the button sticks) a Halo Spartan controller that is pretty worn out and a old Mad Catz wired controller.

Damn had to do it. I had paypal funny money. I already posted the dlc for sale since I wont use them.....hoping to bring my oop expense down to $20ish.

bread's done
Back