Gears of War and Guitar Hero 2 Pre-Order shirts....

falcinator

CAG Newbie
Just dropped by Best Buy tonight to pick up Resident Evil for the PS2 and saw preorders available for Guitar Hero 2 for the PS2 and Gears of War for the 360 with free Black XL T-shirts for only $5 down.

Pretty decent shirts, the Gears of War shirt has the patented Red Skull of Death image and the GH2 shirt has a couple of characters rockin' out on the front and some tour dates on the back.

Pretty cool for $5 even if you don't end up buying the games....:D

Unfortunately the BB Pinheads would not allow Best Buy Bux with a preorder.

Honestly...why is it that every goddamn promo game shirt is XL...never S,M sometimes large. One, wouldnt a XL cost more to make? 2. Not too many people wear XLs!

[quote name='kevzik']Honestly...why is it that every goddamn promo game shirt is XL...never S,M sometimes large. One, wouldnt a XL cost more to make? 2. Not too many people wear XLs![/QUOTE]

Maybe because its the easiest way to guarentee it fits on everybody.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Cool, hope its not just XL. If they atleast have L I'm set.[/quote]I've seen the GH2 pre-order, and there's no mention of the size anywhere on the box, so I don't think they'd have different sizes. Not sure of the GoW is any different.

Thanks OP, I've been wondering what size the shirts were.

I already have GH2 preordered at EB, could use some cheap shirts though. :cool: If I put $5 down on each, will they let me use that money on something else if I say I dont want the game anymore?

[quote name='Morpheus']Maybe because its the easiest way to guarentee it fits on everybody.[/quote]

If I throw on an XL...I am pretty sure I woulden't consider it to "fit"

Maybe they are just stereotyping gamers...lol

I was really happy to get all kinds of shirts at the previous E3's--only to find that they all were too friggin huge when I got home.

I wouldn't expect them to make shirts in medium that fit me, but a large would be more reasonable for most than XL IMO.

They are 'XL's'... I wear an XL so I can live with it! :)

But, I don't see how this is a pre-order or even if I get the $5 off the game when it comes out. All the Gears Of War comes with is an empty game box and a shirt. Is this right? The sales slip has nothing on it about a pre-order... just a $5 charge for the shirt/case.

I'll add it to my Metroid Prime 2, Star Wars Ep III, Shadow of Rome, Resident Evil Outbreak, Onimusha, Hulk: UD, etc... XL shirts collecting dust in my closet. God forbid they ever allow a selection of sizes.

At least you can wear them.

I'm a big guy, not a fat guy, just a broad shouldered guy.

If they don't have XXL, I get to wear it for one wash.

After that, it looks like I have my son's t-shirt on. :D

My kindgom for an XXL!

[quote name='soulwish2003']They are 'XL's'... I wear an XL so I can live with it! :)

But, I don't see how this is a pre-order or even if I get the $5 off the game when it comes out. All the Gears Of War comes with is an empty game box and a shirt. Is this right? The sales slip has nothing on it about a pre-order... just a $5 charge for the shirt/case.[/QUOTE]
How the preorders work at Best Buy is when you come back in to pick up the game with your receipt, they "return" the preorder and the $5, then use it as payment towards the full price of the game.

Personally, I bought two GH2 preorders: One to try to shrink down to a reasonable size for me to wear, and another to toss in my drawer with all my other "collectable" shirts 'n stuff.

Thanks OP. I saw them today. I had them open them to see how big they are. The GH2 one is insane huge. It's totally got to be a 2X. It was a parachute. I didn't get that, but the gears shirt was pretty cool and "Normal" 1X size. Still way too big for me but I am going to try my best to shrink it. Here's a pic if anyone wants to see if it's worth a trip to buy

gearsshirtcag99.jpg

I'm wearing mine right now. It's XL and huge, but if you throw it in your washer and dry it on high it'll shrink down a bit. Fits nicely, looks great. I already had a preorder but I picked this up anyways. Besides if BB gets the LE, I'll ditch my EB preorder and use a GGC.

Enough acronyms for you?

They do the XL shirts because most people should be able to put them on. If they're going to do one size, it's better to do one that's too large because smaller people can at least fit into it.

At the Bestbuy I got mine from they had them where the regular xbox360 game would be. The packaging looks the same as a regular game (green plastic case) but has a tshirt folded up along with the plastic case.

For those of you who want to pre-order Guitar Hero 2, and they want to get the shirt (well, a shirt. I'm not sure if it's the same one) in their size instead of XL, just pre-order from Redoctane's website. They are offering a free shirt with a pre-order, and you can choose the size of the shirt.

never preordered from bb before so do i just bring my receipt in to get the $5 credit when i go to pick up the game when its released?

[quote name='cruzincontrol']The GOW one looks alright...Where do they keep these shirts? By the registers?[/QUOTE]

At the Melbourne store the GOW/GH shirts were by the PS2 games... I don't get it either.

[quote name='kevzik']Honestly...why is it that every goddamn promo game shirt is XL...never S,M sometimes large. One, wouldnt a XL cost more to make? 2. Not too many people wear XLs![/QUOTE]
Be thankful for small favors - at least you can wear it I'm 6'6, 325...I could never wear a freebie shirt.

Does the preorder for GoW apply to the standard version only? Or can you use the $5 credit towards the collector's edition as well?

[quote name='Deefuzz']Does the preorder for GoW apply to the standard version only? Or can you use the $5 credit towards the collector's edition as well?[/QUOTE]

You should be able to use it towards any version of GOW.

thanks for the head's up, op! i picked both of these shirts up tonight. i have no intention of coming back for the games at release (i'm a true CAG, i'll wait for a sweet deal on them), but the shirts were easily worth $5 each to me. besides, the GH pre-order is for the bundle only and i already have 2 sg controllers. neither version of GH supports more than 2 players, so there's no point to having a 3rd sg.

bread's done
Back