Gears of War at Game Crazy on the 7th

cyber_ninja_monkey

CAGiversary!
Game Crazy is going to sell Gears Of War on the 7th instead of the 12th like all other retailers E.B,Gamestop,Circuit City,Best buys

just thought I'd let fellow Cag members now:cold:

[quote name='cyber_ninja_monkey']Game Crazy is going to sell Gears Of War on the 7th instead of the 12th like all other retailers E.B,Gamestop,Circuit City,Best buys

just thought I'd let fellow Cag members now:cold:[/QUOTE]

Actually all the stores are selling it on the 7-8.........................

[quote name='Zoglog']Actually all the stores are selling it on the 7-8.........................[/quote]

Nope
just stoppd by Gamestop today and they are doing ti on the 12
as for E.B my friends told me the same thing
the 12th

I reserved my copy of Gears of War at my gamestop and they said that they are getting it on the 7th and they are doing a midnight launch.

I was told by my gamestop which i have it reserved at, that they would have it tuesday by 6-7pm, and the manager was planning on driving to the airport to pick up the shipment.

If anything, GameCrazy will get it shipped late and it won't come until the 8th. I worked there for a year and a half and without fail, we would ALWAYS get games a day later than the gamestop down the road. Believe me, I had to hear it enough from customers bitching that they went and got it down the road, while we didn't have crap.

It looks like this poor cag has stepped in the bullshit that many game store employees spit to get people to think they're the better store. It's okay, it happens to all of us.

My EB is doing a midnight launch on Tuesday morning (11/7). Even was kind enough to leave a message on my answering machine.

[quote name='Ma12kez']My EB is doing a midnight launch on Tuesday morning (11/7). Even was kind enough to leave a message on my answering machine.[/quote]

You might want to double check on that. I don't think the game actually ships until Monday, so I think Tuesday night at 7 or 8 is the earliest they'll be able to get it.

Before this turns into 8 pages of rumor. The official line from Epic and MS is this:

- Retail copies of Gears will be available to be shipped out on the 7th.
- How soon these copies reach shelves is up to stores and their distribution chains.
- MS and Epic have confirmed that there is no street date on the game. Stores can sell the game as soon as it arrives.
- The 12th is Emergence Day, the only significance of this date is that it is the big promo day. MS and Epic expect all US stores will have copies of the game available by then. For the 5 billionth time IT IS NOT A STREET DATE.

Here's the quote from Mark Rein:

However to get to stores in time for that the actual game will ship on November 7th. Some stores, like EB & Gamestop, will, at their own additional expense, park their trucks at Microsoft's warehouse and start taking deliveries at midnight on the 7th in an effort to get it to their stores right away -- in some cases possibly even that day or a day or two later. The big boys, like Wal*Mart and Best Buy, have too many stores and are too complex to do that so they'll ship it through their distribution centers and spinkle it into theirs stores as best they can. What Microsoft tells us is if we ship on the 7th then 12th is the safe date for when all the stores will have and that's why it will be Emergence Day.

[quote name='cyber_ninja_monkey']Nope
the 12th[/QUOTE]

your friends are retarded.

My GameCrazy WILL have GoW on the 7th around 12 my manager is actually picking them up from the airport.

[quote name='Michaellvortega']Gamecrazy by me didn't even have the 360 wireless headset yet :roll: WTF? I just bought it on the 2nd from EB.[/quote]
Different companies, different buyers, different shipping methods. Pick your choice. If it's not at one store, go to the other.

My local GC is also doing an airport pickup.. I think GC will have it before EB.. EB's telling me 6 or 7pm on Tuesday, GC is telling me around noon on Tuesday :D

[quote name='cyber_ninja_monkey']Nope
the 12th[/QUOTE]

Your friends are the reason why Gamestop has such a bad rep.

[quote name='Scorch']Different companies, different buyers, different shipping methods. Pick your choice. If it's not at one store, go to the other.

My local GC is also doing an airport pickup.. I think GC will have it before EB.. EB's telling me 6 or 7pm on Tuesday, GC is telling me around noon on Tuesday :D[/QUOTE]

I hope so, Im trying to only buy from GC if I can. EB/GS stores near me almost never gets me my pre-order bonus.

[quote name='Michaellvortega']I hope so, Im trying to only buy from GC if I can. EB/GS stores near me almost never gets me my pre-order bonus.[/quote]
Did you preorder it there? If not, just go in and tell them to wishlist it that way they'll call you when one comes in

If you were a drug maker and you came out with a new drug that everyone wanted, you gots tons of that shit in the garage, do you

a) sell only to good friends
b) sell to every john, trick, mark, mark-ass trick, trick-ass mark, skeezer, skank, skig-skag, and scallywhop

It's a simple question. If you are in dire need of taking a shit, do you hold it to see just how long you can go, or do you bring a 100-page magazine with you and handle your business?

[quote name='nintendokid']If you were a drug maker and you came out with a new drug that everyone wanted, you gots tons of that shit in the garage, do you

b) sell to every john, trick, mark, mark-ass trick, trick-ass mark, skeezer, skank, skig-skag, and scallywhop

It's a simple question. If you are in dire need of taking a shit, do you hold it to see just how long you can go, or do you bring a 100-page magazine with you and handle your business?[/quote]

I make drugs! No really, I do, but not in my garage. The FDA looks unkindly on that sort of manufacturing practice. :cool:

[quote name='nintendokid']If you were a drug maker and you came out with a new drug that everyone wanted, you gots tons of that shit in the garage, do you

It's a simple question. If you are in dire need of taking a shit, do you hold it to see just how long you can go, or do you bring a 100-page magazine with you and handle your business?[/QUOTE]

I would sell to only 1 person and sell tons of it to him. Let him sell the drugs for me and make a bit of money. That way I have more free time to come up with a newer drug and less the chances of being caught.

I hope my store doesn't have it tommorow. That way I can get an extra 20% trade in on Splinter cell DA for puttinng it towrds a pre-order.

bread's done
Back