Gears of War deals

GeneralJenkins

CAGiversary!
Hey, got the game when it came out but my retarded roommate scratched the disk and now it wont play anymore. anyone have any deals on this game or have a scheme (buy new one return old one in new box) that will help me out with spending 60 on a game i already bought.

thanks and i'll try to calm myself and not snipe his head off in his sleep.

[quote name='GeneralJenkins']anyone have any deals on this game or have a scheme (buy new one return old one in new box) that will help me out with spending 60 on a game i already bought.
[/quote]

Well, as fraudiful as that is, a lot of stores have grown smart to BS such as that. Once you buy something and you try to return it opened, they will only exchange it for the exact same thing.

Best chance is a disk resurfacing place such as GameCrazy.

[quote name='sonderiaom']Well, as fraudiful as that is, a lot of stores have grown smart to BS such as that. Once you buy something and you try to return it opened, they will only exchange it for the exact same thing.

Best chance is a disk resurfacing place such as GameCrazy.[/QUOTE]

yea i was even just thinking about getting two working copies... at least it would be something right? or maybe even try to buy a used copy cause they take those back within a week or so typically no questions asked.

ill look into the resurfacing stuff too. no gamecrazys around here... anywhere else do it?

also can anyone comment on a disk resurfacing place on the web? i saw a few but it looks like they used frontpage to create their websites which doesnt scream trustworthy to me. anyone used one and had a good experience?

thanks in advance

Have you ever thought of making your retarded roommate buy you a new game since he fubar'd yours??

I have heard of people taking their games to like GameCrazy I think and they run your disk through the buffer for like $3, you could give that a try!

noone admits to anything... my xbox was here over my spring break, he was the only one here, cam back sunday to find that i cant play gears, ask him about it and he says "wow thats weird"

also got a wired controller broken by some phantom. i hate my roommates.

LOL, that's funny about the "Wow that's weird" comment, that's a dead give away that the did it. Try taking the game to GameCrazy if you have any of those around you, they are usually inside of the Hollywood Video stores. I've heard they charge 3 bucks to put your game through the buffer, worth a shot for 3 dollars.

yea again no gamecrazys anywhere close according to their store locator.

anyone every try buying a used copy at eb and returning their scratched copy in the packaging from eb. was gonna try to do this but didnt want to be out 55. thanks

Hide your shit!!! Write a threat note, pull a knife on him, do something!! I don't think there would be any resurfacing services over the web i'm guessing because it only takes about 3 dollars otherwise the site would be some kind of scam, sometimes they even do it for free at game crazy when you buy small purchase or something. But I understand you don't have a game crazy but... consider the former

yea i decided against it... i dont have the street smarts for jail.

im gonna try doowop.com as i just bought a copy of a fellow cag. thanks for your help.

bread's done
Back