Gears of War Hidden Fronts Multiplayer Map Pack - 4 Maps, 800 pts on 5/3, free on 9/3

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Press release:

On Thursday, May 3, at 9 a.m. GMT, Xbox LIVE® gamers should ready their weapons and prepare for battle as “Gears of War®”, rated M for Mature, releases four new action-packed multiplayer maps in the thrilling “Hidden Fronts” Multiplayer Map Pack. For 800 Microsoft points, COG soldiers and the Locust Horde will clash once again for control of these four dynamic new areas, including Bullet Marsh, Garden, Process and Subway.

Bullet Marsh: In this Kryll-infested swamp, an old generator still powers the area lights. A few stray bullets could easily knock out the generator, leaving combatants to fend for themselves against the Kryll.

Garden: This overgrown and crumbling conservatory still has a working fertilization and pesticide system. This system can pose a serious hazard to anyone who ventures into the greenhouse without first venting the air.

Process: Teams must fight for control of this subterranean Imulsion processing plant, still active despite the cessation of the Pendulum wars.

Subway: Timgad’s Central Subway station used to serve as a central hub for commuters. Now the tunnels are crawling with Locust.

The “Hidden Fronts” Multiplayer Map Pack will explode onto Xbox LIVE Marketplace on May 3 for 800 Microsoft Points as gamers steady their aim, pull the pin from their grenades and get ready to battle once more! All four of the new maps will be made available at no cost over Xbox LIVE on Sept. 3, 2007.

Hmm, expensive for just four maps. But since they're following the Halo 2 model of "Pay Now, Free Later" I can't complain too much. I still voted for wait 'til September though.

well, you have to think that the halo 2 maps that just came out are going to become free too, and you paid actual money for those. I still got some extra points that I got from best buy with the gamer gift card so I am going to pick them up on Thursday, I just want to play the kryll map.

If they were 400 pts I'd get them. It's been a while since I've played Gears, so I can wait. There's a prettty good steady flow of releases between now and September that can hold my attention until then.

I hope nobody buys these, especially after MS practically told epic they had to charge for the content.

Me? I don't have gears, got sick of it. If i found it cheap by september, I'd download the free maps.

[quote name='jer7583']I hope nobody buys these, especially after MS practically told epic they had to charge for the content.

Me? I don't have gears, got sick of it. If i found it cheap by september, I'd download the free maps.[/QUOTE]
The reason they told epic to change the price is becuase microsoft owns Gears of War and epic jumped the gun and said they would be free. You don't hear reports from ubisoft saying that that is why GRAW 1 maps cost so much or activision saying that microsoft made the guitar hero songs cost an arm and a leg.

I will be downloading them as soon as they come out.I hate that I got to pay for them, but considering how much I play the game it will be worth it.

I haven't played this game in forever.

In fact, I haven't had XBL for the past month or so (my wireless bridge broke).

So yeah, guess who's probably waiting until September.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I can play other stuff in the meantime...I'll wait.[/QUOTE]

Yep. With the Darkness, Mass Effect, Mario Galaxy, SSB:Brawl & Bioshock all supposedly coming out between now and then, I think I will have plenty to occupy my time.

I'm definitely waiting. I've got plenty to keep me busy this summer... like a new kid to take care of, among other things.

Definitely waiting. Unless I got a points card from gaming lagoon for it...

but nah, I haven't even finished Act 1 of the game and I've tried online for about 3 minutes. I'd say I can wait for new maps. I am a CAGer, afterall.

[quote name='Corvin']Yep. With the Darkness, Mass Effect, Mario Galaxy, SSB:Brawl & Bioshock all supposedly coming out between now and then, I think I will have plenty to occupy my time.[/QUOTE]

Aren't the only games on your list actually coming out between this time and September Bioshock and the Darkness? Not trying to be a dick but just curious because I haven't really been keeping up on release dates.

Also I voted to Pay for them, because I likely will.

[quote name='jimfoley16']Aren't the only games on your list actually coming out between this time and September Bioshock and the Darkness? Not trying to be a dick but just curious because I haven't really been keeping up on release dates.
[/QUOTE]

No offense taken. On the recent IGN podcast Matt mentioned that Iwata said in a recent interview that Mario Galaxy and SSB will both be out before fall. As for Mass Effect, it was due this month and is rumored for September now.

Already working on assembling a crew for Thursday night. The Kryll one sounds fantastic.

I have to buy them since most of my friends are. Don't want to get left behind. At least they will give them for free in sept. unlike most games.

I'm in no rush to get these maps for this game, so I'll just wait for when they're free. I don't play competitively like I do for CoD 2/3 and I really don't care to listen/be trash talked by a 10 year old any time soon. I still haven't completed the entire game on my system (did over at a friend's house and haven't really touched mine, though I should for the points or whatever).

Besides, between the new map pack for CoD3 coming out soon, Spider-man 3, and the recently released DLC for M:UA I'm pretty much set for the rest of the year 360-wise. I don't plan on buying too much this year and probably just renting more/playing through what I have.

[quote name='Trakan']fuck these maps until after the H3 beta.

They did steal that Kryll map from zewone though.[/quote]

yea theres only a week or 2 to play it before the beta..but still i figure if im gonna get it after the beta i mide has well just buy it now and get my 2 week's worth.

I got 6400 points for free off gaminglagoon, and the XBL marketplace sucks balls. Im never buying points again. Im buying these maps.

I do think its grimey that they have to wait till september. I think atleast august.

Kryll map = Zewone.

they could just do what bungie did, make you pay for them or not be able to play ranked matches.

Finally got my rewards for the arcade challenge so I'm down to spend nothing on it. I had forgotten about the reward and instead of 500 pts they mailed me a 1600 pt card!

I play GOW all the time on my xbox, and so do my friends and family. Of course, im gonna be doign the account recovery thing though.

[quote name='help1']I got 6400 points for free off gaminglagoon, and the XBL marketplace sucks balls. Im never buying points again. Im buying these maps.

I do think its grimey that they have to wait till september. I think atleast august.

Kryll map = Zewone.[/quote]

What is this gaminglagoon you speak of?

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']What is this gaminglagoon you speak of?[/quote]

You haven't seen it in everybody's sigs?

:shock:

Click the link in my sig if you want, or go to their main website to sign up. If you wanna know any faster ways of completing the offers just PM me and I'll let you know.

I pretty much play Raven Down exclusively so buying maps that I might play once or twice doesn't make sense to me. I'll wait until September.

Good to hear most CAGs are resisting this. Need to send microsoft a clear message that 4 maps are not worth $10. Yes, MS is to blame for this because they're involved in Xbox Live AND GOW.

That's half the price that expansion packs to games like Half Life 2 and FEAR retail for, with single player content..

FEAR's expansion retailed for 30 bucks and only has 4 hours of gameplay. Half Life 2 is in a similar position (though it came for 20 bucks ).

A better example would be something like DoD:S or the new pack for Rainbow Six, both of which offer a much better deal as far as price/content goes.

That said, we all just need to get it through our head that MS isn't going to stop screwing us on the price of content.

[quote name='jer7583']Good to hear most CAGs are resisting this. Need to send microsoft a clear message that 4 maps are not worth $10. Yes, MS is to blame for this because they're involved in Xbox Live AND GOW.

That's half the price that expansion packs to games like Half Life 2 and FEAR retail for, with single player content..[/quote]

Most CAG's are waiting, but that's to be expected when they will eventually be free.

I wonder what the majority of people are going to do?

My guess is that they sell like crazy.

I'm waiting, but I don't even own GoW, so I haven't played in a while.

BIG FAN of GOW but i can't...i just can't spend those 800 on 4 maps, plus with B2G1F and summer games coming out I got other stuff to play till then

bread's done
Back