Gears Of War: Judgment - Lost Relics DLC out now VIP - 6/25 for Non VIP

Who the heck is coming up with these Special Event ideas?

Why would they put Friendly Fire on a Team Execution game?

When did EPIC start wanting their Gears fans to stop playing their game?

Where did that Booshka grenade come from?

How many times did I have to die from my own team-mates?

I was downed by an oppossing team and my team-mate finished me off with a Booshka.  The same things happened on the other side, as I witnessed that I downed someone and their own teammate (who was backing him up) took a lancer chainsaw and ended the round for a loss on their side.

I went back to playing Gears 3, last nite, and there are 3x as many people on Horde than there were on Survival.  Of course, it sucks that people still quit early on in the match.  I wish Epic would fix it so that Randoms can join in a public Horde match already in progress.

Took me a while to get used to the classic setup...kept wanting to press Y to change weapons.

It's not just that there's friendly fire; it's that there's no punishment for killing multiple teammates.  Also, 1 minute to kill a team on several of the maps is absurd due to the size of them.  I played on Gondola, which takes about 10 seconds to just get to the enemy team.  Then, you have to hope they all cluster together, as the space the map offers allows many paths to take.  

It's just yet another of their poor decisions.  Many people have suggested decent Event ideas over at their forums, but the ideas thread, while created by an Epic employee, always goes ignored.

Like always, if they actually played their game they'd see how dumb these mistakes are.  12 more events, then it can burn in hell.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not just that there's friendly fire; it's that there's no punishment for killing multiple teammates. Also, 1 minute to kill a team on several of the maps is absurd due to the size of them. I played on Gondola, which takes about 10 seconds to just get to the enemy team. Then, you have to hope they all cluster together, as the space the map offers allows many paths to take.

It's just yet another of their poor decisions. Many people have suggested decent Event ideas over at their forums, but the ideas thread, while created by an Epic employee, always goes ignored.

Like always, if they actually played their game they'd see how dumb these mistakes are. 12 more events, then it can burn in hell.
I didn't even notice the 1 minute time limit.

Call me naive but I can't fathom the idea that people would actually want to sabotage their own teams chance for a win, just to boost their individual point total by taking out their entire team and not the enemy.

Yup, now that I've gotten my Skyline survival win the only thing that I'm interested in is finishing the events ribbons. Oh, I can't wait to see how idiotic they can make their upcoming Special Events.

I played last night with a guy that was actively going out of his way to kill his teammates.  He was playing like it was a free-for-all, shotting anything that moved.  He ended up with about negative 2000 points, and cost my team the match - we lost 7 rounds to 6 despite his best efforts to sabotage us.  Very annoying.  Special events should be fun to play - this was not!

I just played the special event, wow a whopping 172 people were playing it world wide! LOL

Personally i thought the event wasnt that bad. The 1 minute time limit made it so people couldnt camp and hide, you have to rush and get kills to win. I was playing on gondola too, seems like i always get that map for special events. -_- But the team killing part is questionable, just seems stupid in that type of game with that short of a timer. I dont mind being able to kill teammates, hell when i play COD all i play is hardcore TDM, but in gears there is no penalty.

If anyone was interested in the pre-order characters, they're becoming available on the Xbox Marketplace.  Young Marcus, Young Dom, and Anya are already available.  They each cost $2.  No Alex Brand yet, but they also put Aftermath Baird up, if you weren't able to get him from the Brisk Promotion (or are from outside the US).  He's also $2.

At least they finally came up with a really fun special event.  This scorchers only "the roof is on fire" event is a lot of fun to play! 

My Campaign progress was lost, so I'm playing through it on all difficulties again.  If people need help with the game I might be available.  

And you should play the Special Event again tonight.

Thanks Ebbtide for the hint on the Alex Brand character.

@DJP519...I agree.  It's especially nice on those maps with lots of alley ways, like Gondola and Streets.  Got to be careful around every corner.  Of course, there are much fewer people playing the game now.  I played around 7pm, friday and it was just me and some other person, each on one side, and the rest were all bots for the entire game.

I played the special event last night, its the same as last week right? Are they giving up already? The gameplay is laggy too due to only around 200 or so people playing at the time. The first game i got into it was just 3 people and bots. Then i played another match and it was full.

The special event has been the same for two weeks now, yes, but it did count a second time towards the medal and achievement.  I personally think this event is the best one they've had so far, so I'm okay with it repeating for a second week.

I often start in a match with only 3-4 people, but they're usually full, or nearly full, by the time the match ends.  But yeah, I'm consistently seeing only about 150-300 people on the playlist at any given time. 

The special event has been the same for two weeks now, yes, but it did count a second time towards the medal and achievement. I personally think this event is the best one they've had so far, so I'm okay with it repeating for a second week.

I often start in a match with only 3-4 people, but they're usually full, or nearly full, by the time the match ends. But yeah, I'm consistently seeing only about 150-300 people on the playlist at any given time.
I really enjoyed this Event as well. It's so simple, which is probably what makes it fun.

A big positive with the redundancy, though, is that at least we know it won't have the issue Gears of War 3 had. This same Event is awarding a second ribbon to the Event counter, so that if they reuse Events it won't keep players (especially people who miss Events or get into this game later) in limbo for the medal and achievement.

Got my 20th social ribbon. 10 more to go. why do i care? Im not even trying to get the other achievements. -_-

Man this games lobby is so dead. The only beautiful thing i see about the low population of each lobby is that execution had the most players in it. Good to see fans are showing epic what we really want!

Guess there was a problem updating the event this week, i didnt get a ribbon, and its the same event. But they are going to fix it soon.

I see a few members from here have started this game.  If anybody needs help with the achievements that require teams or numbers (especially the DLC ones), I'd be willing to help. Be warned that I only have 5 more events before I'm done with the game, though, so it'd be better to do sooner than later.

If you need extra players, I can help also.  But, I'm also in it for the event ribbons and mainly back to playing Horde on GOW3.

According to a tweet announcing Reapers, there will be 2x XP this week starting now(?)

I may actually play some this week once I get my Forza league duties done.

New special event ribbon today, but the event is still BTTE.  I think this is now the third ribbon for this same game type.

New special event ribbon today, but the event is still BTTE. I think this is now the third ribbon for this same game type.
4th ribbon. It's been the same Event for 3 weeks now. Brothers to the End was an Event earlier in the cycle too, and they never fixed the major issue that people complained about and that they said they'd work on... 50 kills to win, or match expiring after 12 or 15 minutes. The maps are way too big and the teams are far too small, and it still has the issue of one team getting an extra player on occasion.

Any word on new DLC or is this thing done?
Beyond done. Once the last DLC came out, Epic has stopped talking to the Gears of War community. I can't recall the last time the responded to posts on their forums or announced...well...anything. The lack of even updating new events when the game isn't even 6 full months old yet, and hasn't even actually hit 30 distinct events, is pathetic.

If there's double XP, I guess VIPs get 4x in their playlists? I wonder if this affects Survivals XP.

Ebbtide - I agree.  It's a chore to play BTTE.  The matches always go to the 20 minute time limit.  The maps are way too big for only four players.  They should have reduced the kills-to-win to 20 or 25.  Hopefully the change events this weekend.

I'd be shocked if there was any more DLC incoming for this game.  There's not enough people playing it (and potentially paying for it) to justify the development time.

Looks like they changed the Event to Team Execution with a round time limit(I thnk it was a couple minutes).  Don't know how many rounds are needed for the win, as there were a lot of stalemates...I quit my match at 3-3 with maybe 7 stalemates during the match.  Come on Epic, quit with these marathon long match events!!

I played the new event but didnt get a ribbon, maybe cos i got one on thursday when it was still the old event?

Last night i play gears 3 all night long, judgment made me forget how fun gears 3 is. Still praying someday they will come out with a old school style of gears for xbox one. If they did that i would want to buy the system, but only if its done right. Not like judgment.

My gold dies in 3 days. I doubt I renew. I mostly play Gears Judgment lately and at this rate the online to this game will be dead someday or maybe it will hang on with not many people playing it.

I enjoy it lately and didn't care much for it at first. I've prestiged twice. I haven't played it as much as I did Gears Of War 2.

Now I enjoy Gears Of War 3 and Judgment and don't care much about the mp to the first two. Gears Of War has enough people playing it, but Gears Of War 2 is basically dead. You might get lucky and get 3 people on each team if you wait long enough.

My gold dies in 3 days. I doubt I renew. I mostly play Gears Judgment lately and at this rate the online to this game will be dead someday or maybe it will hang on with not many people playing it.

I enjoy it lately and didn't care much for it at first. I've prestiged twice. I haven't played it as much as I did Gears Of War 2.

Now I enjoy Gears Of War 3 and Judgment and don't care much about the mp to the first two. Gears Of War has enough people playing it, but Gears Of War 2 is basically dead. You might get lucky and get 3 people on each team if you wait long enough.
There is ways to get a free month of Live repeatedly. I think it's even been posted a few times in the deals section, and that it just requires a specific credit card company. I do expect the game to become really empty once people unlock Sybarite. That seems to be the final achievement people are holding onto this game for.

I played Horde mode in Gears of War 2 a few months ago and was able to find games. People quit after a few rounds, of course, which was lame. Or you had the serious players that ended the match as soon as we all died.

It's the downside of older games. The 'community' move away from it, and you're either left with the people who don't know teamwork or take it too seriosuly and aren't fun to play with or against. Halo, Gears of War, Call of Duty, Battlefield.... All fun games, until a year or so after there release. Everytime I want to play Call of Duty: World at War I reminded of how many hackers are there.

Does anyone play this game anymore? I recently got 3 months of Live so im trying to wrap up some of the achievements i need.

- Onyx War Supporter, currently at 26/30

- 50 double kills with Booshka... i hope you can do this in private now.

- Revive 100 teammates on terminal, currently at 70/100 and it seems to work in private.

Achievements i could use help with...

- Get a double kill while emerging as a corpser... not sure if they ever fixed this so you can do it in private.

- Destroy the generator in under 8 minutes on any DLC map.

- Finish wave 10 of survival at the 1st hole on ward

- Win a TDM, DOM, and BT match while all wearing UIR skin

- Win an Execution match with everyone wearing Gold, and using Gold guns. ... sadly i still dont have gun armor skin.

If anyone else needs help with these let me know. I usually am available after 8pm ET until late.

Does anyone play this game anymore? I recently got 3 months of Live so im trying to wrap up some of the achievements i need.

1- 50 double kills with Booshka... i hope you can do this in private now.

2- Revive 100 teammates on terminal, currently at 70/100 and it seems to work in private.

Achievements i could use help with...

3- Get a double kill while emerging as a corpser... not sure if they ever fixed this so you can do it in private.

4- Destroy the generator in under 8 minutes on any DLC map.

5- Finish wave 10 of survival at the 1st hole on ward

- Win a TDM, DOM, and BT match while all wearing UIR skin

- Win an Execution match with everyone wearing Gold, and using Gold guns. ... sadly i still dont have gun armor skin.

If anyone else needs help with these let me know. I usually am available after 8pm ET until late.
1. You need two human enemies to die to activate the double kill ribbon for this, so it doesn't work with bots. You should be right about it working in Private, though.

2. Play Private Survival on Normal or Hardcore (not Insane, you'll die to quickly). Just be ready to throw a stim to revive your 'downed' bot buddies.

3. I think it works with bots, so it might be doable in Private.

4. This one you can actually do solo. I think the last DLC map, Ward, is one you can get through pretty quickly on the lowest setting. That's if no one offers to help.

5. Same as above, you might be able to do it solo. It depends on class skill and, really, bot reliability. I think I did it as Paduk, since his spot grenades also give extra damage to enemies when they're hit while inside the grenade. It also let me know where they were coming from. This was on Ward. The later Waves, especially 9 and 10, can be the ones that will ruin it, but that's why you're so dependent on the friendly bots.

I'd offer to help, but no longer own it. I've been debating for some time to rebuy it, though. If I do get it again and you still need help I'll message you. Hopefully you'll get 4 players from here, since these work best with a group and really aren't that difficult when working together.

You probably have done so already, but don't forget to post it on the new Gears forums. You'll probably get help from there the same day/night you post it.

If you get a group together, I can help out as well.

I'm still looking for someone to help me complete the final level, the final boss fight, on insane.  So I'm looking for someone to play on casual and do all the work while I play on insane and mostly hide and run away, basically.  :)  I got all the other levels done a long time ago, but never managed to do that finale. 

If you get a group together, I can help out as well.

I'm still looking for someone to help me complete the final level, the final boss fight, on insane. So I'm looking for someone to play on casual and do all the work while I play on insane and mostly hide and run away, basically. :) I got all the other levels done a long time ago, but never managed to do that finale.
Does that work? I thought if someone was on a lower level it brought everyone down to that level? If i remember correctly its actually easier to do it solo on insane than to do it with others.

Does that work? I thought if someone was on a lower level it brought everyone down to that level? If i remember correctly its actually easier to do it solo on insane than to do it with others.
You know, it's been almost a year since I played it, but I think so. If I remember correctly, you get credit for beating a level on insane this way, but what you DON'T get is the onyx stars. So, this method should get me the "Lion Heart" achievement, but not the "Superstar" achievement.

Ohh i see. Ive been talking to a few people on black tusk gears forums that are gunna help me get the last few i need. I have all gold armor/weapons now. I only need like 6 more achievements, and 5 really do need help from others to get. The biggest pain is going to be 50 booshka doubles as they only work on human players even while playing online games vs bots. All i really need is another person with 2 controllers, as i have 2 controllers and can help them back. The rest shouldnt take too much trouble.

I did the booska double kills in a boosting session a while back.  Worked well not having any bots getting in the way.  But we can set up a time and I could help you with that with two controllers.

I did the booska double kills in a boosting session a while back. Worked well not having any bots getting in the way. But we can set up a time and I could help you with that with two controllers.
Thanks for the offer, but today i got together with some of the black tusk forum guys and we did a bunch of achievements. The only ones i need are the golden armor/guns and the social events. I have 26/30 of the social events, hopefully they keep changing them. As for the golden artifact one, i should have no problem getting that, we are just waiting for one guy to get the skins so he can join our group.

Now the question is, do i try to go for the Gears 1 achievements, the only ones im missing are multiplayer related LOL. But i know some are to host matches and my connection is bad, 2.8mb down and 0.48 upload. -_- Plus i read that the achievements can be hard to get because if people quit they wont count, etc.

Wow i was trying to use 2 controllers to help 3 other guys and myself get the golden artifact achievement, and we went into a private match so i could maybe set up the 2nd controllers skins to gold and maybe it would stay the same when we went online. Ended up resetting my save and now im back to 1 like i never played the game before. :( I needed 2 achievements, golden artifacts and was up to 27/30 events. No way i will be able to get 30 events in 3 months of live i have left. :(

Makes me even want to give up on the gears 1 achievements i have left. Needed 100 kills with boom, snipe, torque, hammer of dawn, pistol, 10,000 kills, and 100 annex matches and i was done.

EDIT: Im gunna try to get my gold skins back by using the terrace glitch offline. So hopefully i can at least get that one done and maybe later they will just push everyone up to 29/30 events like they did with gears 3.

FINAL EDIT: I was able to get all the golden skins back so if anyone can help at all let me know on xbox if you are on. Also i found an old save from judgment on my other hard drive so maybe that will help me get my special events up faster.

Ended up resetting my save
Always, always switch to your cloud save option before you stop playing for exactly this reason. If not regularly, at least try to do it weekly. If you haven't already, copy your Gears of War 3 save to the cloud as well. I'm not sure if it works for Gears of War 2, as that doesn't check your saves (I think), but even that I've copied to the cloud.

I think for Judgment you need to play one more round when you switch memory options, so just play a quick local match against bots to back up your save information.

I got my golden artifact achievement today. Also loaded an old judgment saved profile on my other hard drive but i was only at 7/30 events on that. I guess its better than 1/30.

Yeah i will probably never get this dumb special events achievement now. They seem to be updating the events once a month and it would take me 2 years to get it at that pace, and thats even if they keep doing it that long. I have to hope they do something like knock everyone up to 29 events, or give out ribbons for every special event match played if i am going to complete this game. Such a disappointment really. I had it right there in my sights at 27 events, why the fuck did this have to happen. The most annoying part of it is its the only achievement i need to have 100% in Gears 2, 3, and judgment. -_-

bread's done
Back