gears of war preorder $45.98 shipped @ familyvideo.com

WARNING - Do not use a virtual credit card number with this company unless its for 2x the amount.

THey emailed me saying that couldnt get my Credit card to work when i bought Veronica Mars.

This is of course after Im sitting here watching Veronica on my TV.
Apparently they authorize your card for the full amount....ship it....then void that transaction....then authorize it again.
Which if you are using a virtual credit card number with a specific $ limit does not work very well.

Just a quick note. I receive my FFXII that I preordered a few weeks back. Good service overall. Will jump on this deal as well.

Yes, this is an AWESOME deal. Hope everything runs smoothly. I won't mind waiting a few extra days to get this game as long as it saves me about 18 bucks buying it from retail.

[quote name='TiKi2']Wow I thought this game was out already cause I saw at kmart last week.[/quote]

Maybe ur thinking of God of War? Cause this doesn't come out til 11/8.

[quote name='VidgamesgivemeA_D_D']Maybe ur thinking of God of War? Cause this doesn't come out til 11/8.[/QUOTE]

No it was gears of war. I saw it on sunday. A lot of stores break release dates.

[quote name='TiKi2']No it was gears of war. I saw it on sunday. A lot of stores break release dates.[/quote]

Proof? Any pictures? You could buy it and sell it on ebay for $100

no way i could for twilight princess lol

did anyone order with slowmo shipping for another game/movie off family video? i wanna know how long its going to take

So is this going to be the best deal I can get on this game. Even if it is going to be the best game of the year EDIT:eek:n xbox 360, it still can't be cheap enough ;P.

I might have to order this as I don't care about shipping with my 360 going to repairs and all. (god I hate repairs).

Edit: you are right VidgamesgivemeADD.

[quote name='VidgamesgivemeA_D_D']Unless Twilight Princess somehow gets delayed in the next two weeks before its out Gears of War has no chance of being GOTY. :D[/QUOTE]

if you're only basing that on stretched out hype =p. None of the 3d Zeldas have been worthy of anything past a 8/10 and I doubt this one will

hahah, Ocarina of Time is a 10. Wind Waker is underrated. (I think most people that bash it think it's too hard and couldnt beat it) From everything I've seen Gears of War is waaay overhyped for no reason. But I'll regress since this is a thread about Gears of War and I don't want to start a flame war.

[quote name='Zoglog']if you're only basing that on stretched out hype =p. None of the 3d Zeldas have been worthy of anything past a 8/10 and I doubt this one will[/quote]
^ this post is full of fail.

Although I seem confident enough in the site itself from other people's experiences, I am slightly concerned with the possibility of them over selling pre-orders and not being able to send them out until WAY later. I suppose I can take a "risk" on a few games and just buy the other games I really want elsewhere.

[quote name='Zoglog']if you're only basing that on stretched out hype =p. None of the 3d Zeldas have been worthy of anything past a 8/10 and I doubt this one will[/QUOTE]
That reminds me of the Family Guy where everyone is about to die and Peter says "I didn't care for The Godfather."

[quote name='egonpax']Although I seem confident enough in the site itself from other people's experiences, I am slightly concerned with the possibility of them over selling pre-orders and not being able to send them out until WAY later. I suppose I can take a "risk" on a few games and just buy the other games I really want elsewhere.[/quote]

I've thought about that, but my PS2 backlog is so long that I can handle a few days wait... :bouncy:

I was in the same opinion, but then I thought, this is a present, so who cares when it ships?

One less thing to buy later at full price, I says...

[quote name='Maddgief']I've thought about that, but my PS2 backlog is so long that I can handle a few days wait... :bouncy:[/QUOTE]
That is a good point. I suppose I can wait a bit longer. What with GH2 coming out. Also with my new DS coming in. :D
If I use the new member discount on GoW, then it'll be $45 for Zelda TP (Wii) which is only $5 less than BB (w/GGC.) I think I'll just get GoW and RedSteel then.

just got the backordered email from familyvideo, I suspected it since I ordered a few days ago. If I'm itching for some gears, I think I'll do the buy now, return/swap later trick

[quote name='dragn018']just got the backordered email from familyvideo, I suspected it since I ordered a few days ago. If I'm itching for some gears, I think I'll do the buy now, return/swap later trick[/quote]

I've heard people mentioning this trick a lot, usually citing Wal-Mart as the place to do it. Is it the only place where it'll work, 'cause I'd rather not have to walk into one if I don't have to, even if in the end I'm not really buying anything. Also, do you just need to make sure to save your receipt and that the game you return is still shrink wrapped, or does the latter not even matter? And lastly, how long do you have to return the game, at Wal-Mart or any other palce where it would work? Oh, and does anyone know when Wal-Mart is gonna be selling GoW?

Thanks in advance to anyone that helps with my questions.

[quote name='jrr']I've heard people mentioning this trick a lot, usually citing Wal-Mart as the place to do it. Is it the only place where it'll work, 'cause I'd rather not have to walk into one if I don't have to, even if in the end I'm not really buying anything. Also, do you just need to make sure to save your receipt and that the game you return is still shrink wrapped, or does the latter not even matter? And lastly, how long do you have to return the game, at Wal-Mart or any other palce where it would work? Oh, and does anyone know when Wal-Mart is gonna be selling GoW?

Thanks in advance to anyone that helps with my questions.[/quote]

Well, I live closer to a Target, so I'll probably go there. I just went to their website and saw that they have a 90 return policy. When I receive the shipped GoW from familyvideo, I'm going to take that new copy and the receipt I'll get from purchasing from Target, and do the return at Target. They won't know where I bought the copy, they'll think it was from their store ;)

I called them up and they told me that their records show that the studio pushed back the release until the 13th, but our games should be shipping by the end of this week.

I can wait a few days. :)

[quote name='dragn018']just got the backordered email from familyvideo, I suspected it since I ordered a few days ago. If I'm itching for some gears, I think I'll do the buy now, return/swap later trick[/QUOTE]
Could you quote it here for me? I can't find it in my spam mailbox, but an excerpt from it could help me find it.

Poo! I can't wait till next week to play this. $15 for one week of waiting... yeah I might try that swap thing out.

[quote name='PyroGamer']Could you quote it here for me? I can't find it in my spam mailbox, but an excerpt from it could help me find it.

Poo! I can't wait till next week to play this. $15 for one week of waiting... yeah I might try that swap thing out.[/quote]

here you go:

FamilyVideo.com
------------------------------------------------------
Order Number: 228739
Thank you for ordering from www.familyVideo.com! We just wanted to let you know that the item(s) indicated below have been placed on backorder and should ship within 30 days. We will notify you as soon as we confirm the item's availability to ship.

Thanks again for choosing www.familyVideo.com - we appreciate your business!
Detailed Invoice: ******************
Date Ordered: Sunday the 5th of November, 2006

Products:
1 X Gears of War : Xbox 360 (882224054034) = $49.99

I'm glad that I jumped on this as soon as I saw it on the site. I just called them again to confirm that mine is not backordered, and they assured me that it is not for me.

[quote name='Downhome']I'm glad that I jumped on this as soon as I saw it on the site. I just called them again to confirm that mine is not backordered, and they assured me that it is not for me.[/QUOTE]

When did you order yours? I ordered mine in mid-October, so should I be getting it in the first batch? Does anybody know?

I didn't place my order until 10/27/06 either. It looks like we'll all be fine.

They do ship pretty fast, especially when it comes to new releases.

I ordered the King Kong Collection DVD set ($16.xx) from them a few days ago, and it showed up today. Speaking of that, they sent me the Best Buy Exclusive box set with the limited tin version of the first movie included. How they were able to ship me the Best Buy Exclusive, I have no idea. It even says Best Buy Exclusive on the box.

I have decided to cancel my order and make the purchase at Circuit City.
I have a coupon for 15% off + a FREE GOW faceplate with the purchase (I think). So it comes out to roughly $53 with tax so its not that bad, and I wouldn't have to wait for shipping so hopefully I can pick it up Wednesday if everything goes right.

[quote name='soxfan30']I have decided to cancel my order and make the purchase at Circuit City.
I have a coupon for 15% off + a FREE GOW faceplate with the purchase (I think). So it comes out to roughly $53 with tax so its not that bad, and I wouldn't have to wait for shipping so hopefully I can pick it up Wednesday if everything goes right.[/quote]
dare i ask how you got this deal?

[quote name='dreads3213']dare i ask how you got this deal?[/quote]

There have been circuit city coupons for Gears of War and other games in the past few issues of both PSM and OXM.

If I order it now, how long do you think it will take for them to ship it o me, considering its backordered? I could wait 1-2 weeks for it, but I don't want to wait any longer.

[quote name='soxfan30']I have decided to cancel my order and make the purchase at Circuit City.
I have a coupon for 15% off + a FREE GOW faceplate with the purchase (I think). So it comes out to roughly $53 with tax so its not that bad, and I wouldn't have to wait for shipping so hopefully I can pick it up Wednesday if everything goes right.[/QUOTE]

Where did you get the 15% off coupon?

woot i just got an email saying it going to ship today

Hello,

We received your order for the following item(s):

Gears of War : Xbox 360

which is Prebooked and should be shipping today or tomorrow.

Thank You for Shopping With Us!

Your Friends @ FamilyVideo.com

[quote name='sandrockgundam219']woot i just got an email saying it going to ship today

Hello,

We received your order for the following item(s):

Gears of War : Xbox 360

which is Prebooked and should be shipping today or tomorrow.

Thank You for Shopping With Us!

Your Friends @ FamilyVideo.com[/quote]
I would love to see how many people will be seeing this e-mail today.

Ok, just looked at their website to see if the game was offically put on backorder by the company and it says...
IN STOCK: This product usually ships within 1 Business Day.
So maybe this means that they have enough to ship to everyone that pre-ordered from that plus extras to ship to others that didn't pre-order.

[quote name='xbltheshadow']Ok, just looked at their website to see if the game was offically put on backorder by the company and it says...

So maybe this means that they have enough to ship to everyone that pre-ordered from that plus extras to ship to others that didn't pre-order.[/QUOTE]
The game still shows up at $49.99 as well!

[quote name='jack001']i got the email that my order would ship today or tomorow too, i think my order went in around the 20th.[/quote]
Possibly they could be e-mailing everyone that pre-ordered (in order of who ordered first) It could take their server a while to catch up to itself so hopefuly more of us will be seeing this e-mail.

[quote name='jack001']i got the email that my order would ship today or tomorow too, i think my order went in around the 20th.[/QUOTE]
I did mine on the 12th, and no email. I would be SO happy if this arrived before the end of the week. It used to say the game would ship on the 13th, but now it says it's in stock. So I hope to get an email soon, and get the game by Friday.

bread's done
Back