gears of war preorder $45.98 shipped @ familyvideo.com

I ordered mine on the 15th, no shipping e-mail either. If I got this by the end of the week, I would also be pumped. I've heard that they ship relatively fast, despite the 5-10 day shipping option.

[quote name='dragn018']just got the backordered email from familyvideo, I suspected it since I ordered a few days ago. If I'm itching for some gears, I think I'll do the buy now, return/swap later trick[/quote]

Sweet!! Since I got the backordered email I tried emailing them since everyone said it was "in stock and shipping next business day". They replied with "should be shipping today or tomorrow" :D

[quote name='dragn018']just got the backordered email from familyvideo, I suspected it since I ordered a few days ago. If I'm itching for some gears, I think I'll do the buy now, return/swap later trick[/quote]

Sweet!! Since I got the backordered email I tried emailing them since everyone said it was "in stock and shipping next business day". They replied with "should be shipping today or tomorrow" :D

"Date Ordered: Monday 06 November, 2006

Hello,

We received your order for the following item(s):

Gears of War : Xbox 360

which is Prebooked and should be shipping today or tomorrow.

Thank You for Shopping With Us!

Your Friends @ FamilyVideo.com

1-888-332-6843

Your order has been updated to the following status.

New status: I-PreBooked

Please reply to this email if you have any questions"

I saw the same "In-stock" stuff so I emailed them and this is what I got from them and I just put my order in yesterday so everyone else should be getting theirs too.

[quote name='Hazyfire']"Date Ordered: Monday 06 November, 2006

Hello,

We received your order for the following item(s):

Gears of War : Xbox 360

which is Prebooked and should be shipping today or tomorrow.

Thank You for Shopping With Us!

Your Friends @ FamilyVideo.com

1-888-332-6843

Your order has been updated to the following status.

New status: I-PreBooked

Please reply to this email if you have any questions"

I saw the same "In-stock" stuff so I emailed them and this is what I got from them and I just put my order in yesterday so everyone else should be getting theirs too.[/QUOTE]

Mine is "prebooked" too, whatever that means. Still no email though. I guess it's safe to say mine will be shipped today or tomorrow, but it would be nice to know for sure.

I emailed them and got the same response. Since I didn't know when I would get this copy, to be honest I had forgotten I had ordered from them until this morning, I went to Gamestop at lunch and picked it up there.

Just a heads up to those who just ordered or whatever...

"Gears of War : Xbox 360

Availability: This product usually ships within 2 to 4 weeks.
Release Date: 11/07/2006"

[quote name='egonpax']Just a heads up to those who just ordered or whatever...

Release Date: 11/07/2006"[/quote]
Well that's a big change from earlier today. Looks as if I'll be going to Wal-mart to get my copy tomorrow and returning this copy once I get it.

[quote name='egonpax']Just a heads up to those who just ordered or whatever...

Release Date: 11/07/2006"[/quote]

yeah....this has kinda got me freaked out :lol:

I call them today and they told me they got like 950 g.o.w. and it will be ship on the 8th. That's what they told me. But 950, I was like WOW!!!! I have never heard of any games that ship that much to one store.

[quote name='heyman']I call them today and they told me they got like 950 g.o.w. and it will be ship on the 8th. That's what they told me. But 950, I was like WOW!!!! I have never heard of any games that ship that much to one store.[/QUOTE]
I have no idea how many is many, but that would be awesome if it shipped the 8th.

Guess I just have to wait. If it doesn't ship the 8th, I'm doing the buy and swap scam.

[quote name='PyroGamer']I have no idea how many is many, but that would be awesome if it shipped the 8th.

Guess I just have to wait. If it doesn't ship the 8th, I'm doing the buy and swap scam.[/quote]

yeah...I'll wait a week or somethin....but not 2 - 4 :cry:

I just got an email from Family Video, promoting this game:

gearspicdu3.jpg

well...checked the status on their page this morning and now, instead of saying "I-prebooked/preordered," its reading "I-shipped"

.....here's hoping that means something yeah!? :lol:

I just got an e-mail saying that my order from Oct. 26th just shipped out. Hopefully it's here by the weekend (it's shipping to my parents house since I have an apartment with craptastic mail and I'll be there this weekend).

Just so you know this is what Pre-booked means.

What is a "Pre-book" item?
A pre-book status is assigned to items available in the future. You can order these products ahead of general release, and our shipping department will coordinate delivery to try to get the item to you on its release date.

Wootage! Mine has shipped (ordered on the 12th).

Looks like if yours is going to ship anytime soon, it's shipped by now.

It better come before Emergence Day, so I can participate in the festivities. Though that is 3 days, rather than the minimum of 5 they expect.

I can't wait to play it. I think I'll have to restrain myself from going online, lest some bastard spoil it all for me.

For new order-ers to think about.

Familyvideo.com: $45.98 in 30 days
Buy.com w/ Google: $48.39 in 3 to 5 days

Hmmmm...

Anyone know how they are on cancelling orders?(since this wait could be way to long for me). Do you just reply to the order e-mail and request cancellation?

Mine has also shipped!

I don't know if anyone needs this, but here is the phone number to Family Video in case you want to ask about the backorder deal or anything else:

1-888-332-6843

I pay using my PayPal card, and it lists that phone number on my account for each order. I've used it quite a bit, and they always answer the phone quickly, and answer any question I have for them right away.

EDIT:

cruzincontrol, just call the above number and they'll cancel the order for you while you're on the phone with them if you want.

I work for Family Video, and I've never heardof anyone having a problem with their shipping, although it is a bit slow in some areas if you get the 5-10 day .99 shipping.

Family Video is one of the fastest growing retail chains in the country, they have over 500 stores in the midwest and eastern areas now, and are expanding south and west now, so they're not some lame company

They're the reason why Movie Gallery and Blockbuster are almost bankrupt :applause:

[quote name='RudyPants']I ordered mine on 10-15 and it shipped this morning! I hope USPS delivers it fast.[/QUOTE]

wtf.......... mine was ordered at 10-13 and It STILL hasnt shipped and I NEVER got that e-mail...................

damn you family video

bread's done
Back