gears of war preorder $45.98 shipped @ familyvideo.com

their corporate headquarters are out of glenview, illinois, I dont know if the the website is out of the same place, It's probably at least in the midwest

if its out of glenview though it probably should arrive for me soon. It's a little less than 200 miles away from me

must play gears of war :(

I don't remember what state they ship stuff from, but I remember my Veronica Mars Season 2 DVDs coming much faster then I though they would, especially since the shipping was only 99 cents.

I am so glad I cancelled my order with Family Video. Circuit City got theirs in stock today and I got the Collectors Edition for $62 with the free faceplate. This game owns and I am so glad I didn't have to wait for the game to ship out like most of you guys. Good luck to everybody who ordered from FamilyVideo because with the long weekend coming (-1 business day), its going to be even harder to get it sooner.

Well they ship mine on the 8th and I order it on oct. 23 and I'm from wi. So I hope it come to me soon.

[quote name='Egg_Shen']got mine today it was shipped priority mail.[/quote]

What state are you in?

[quote name='sandrockgundam219']hmm i assume it'll be in today then

argh long wait[/quote]
Sorry to burst your bubble man, but the mail doesn't run today, it's veteran's day. you'll have to wait till tomorrow.

Shit! That means if it doesn't come in today (as media mail, it will probably still be in cataloging), my next chance is Monday! Which is after emergence day! :bomb:

DAMN YOU VETERANS!

Friday, November 10 - Veterans Day Observed (Administrative offices only, Post Offices and Retail Units will be open with regular mail delivery)

that sounds like they're delivering mail to me - "open with regular mail delivery"

but no delivery on SAT.

I orderd the CE on Oct 20th. I notcied that on their website that it said the CE wouldn't be in till the 13th so I contacted them via their website about my order on the 8th. Later that day on the 8th I recived shipping conformation from them but it didn't have a date of actually when it shipped. Even later that day I got a email from them I guess in response my question on the website about my order and they said that my order actally shipped on the 7th. So for all of you that recived conformation on the 8th it might acually have shipped on the 7th. Anyway mail is being delived today as my game just got here and to those that were woundering where they ship from it's Glenview Il and since I know pepople are going to ask I'm in Pa in the Philly area.

[quote name='xbltheshadow']Yea, sorry. Kids were off school today for Veterans day so I figured the same would be observed with the Post Office. Guess not.[/QUOTE]
Post office always does their stuff in conjunction with Sunday (Monday or Saturday), so they can have a longer weekend.

[quote name='RudyPants']... crossing my fingers for delivery today ... can't wait until Monday ...[/quote]I just called them and they told me , they got a large shipment of it in today and it's possible they're doing shipping now on a lot of them.

Wow. very fast. Order was on 11/3. It just showed up USPS today 11/10. Im in California too. No way they sent it media mail as it took all of 2 days.

Family Video are a bunch of assholes, wtf they NEVER answer thier e-mails.

just called in, they said they got thier new batch today that's shipping out either today or monday. If they do indeed, I guess everything will be ok. If they jacked me again Grrrr

[quote name='MyMelodysteg']Wow. very fast. Order was on 11/3. It just showed up USPS today 11/10. Im in California too. No way they sent it media mail as it took all of 2 days.[/quote]They ship 1st class mail I asked them.

Just got mine and I love it! Ordered it 10-15, was shipped first class. I live in WA state, for those trying to gauge how long it takes.

Just got mine too. Order on oct. 23 and ship on the 8th of nov. and got it today. Very fast and will buy from again. Oh yeah I live in wi.

[quote name='MyMelodysteg']Wow. very fast. Order was on 11/3. It just showed up USPS today 11/10. Im in California too. No way they sent it media mail as it took all of 2 days.[/QUOTE]
Son of a bitch. I have to wait 'till monday...

Or would they put a small package like that on my doorstep?

they should, mine was left in my mailbox

as long as its not a delivery conf, or a signature required, they should leave it.

[quote name='sandrockgundam219']and you guys do realize usps delivers on saturday right?[/QUOTE]
not this Saturday. They may brave cold, snow, rain, and sleet, but they won't pass up a two-day weekend :D not even for me :(

I didn't get my copy today, so I guess I'm going to go Gearless this weekend. I wouldn't get Veterans Day off from school, so the USPS shouldn't get a day off for it.

Can anyone that has recieved the game confirm that the copy you get from family video is a SEALED copy? I just want to make sure I can take this back to Wal-mart (w/ reciept) and get the full price back that I paid for it at Wal-mart.

[quote name='phantomfriar2002']Why wouldn't Family Video ship sealed copies??

FWIW got mine yesterday and it's sealed.[/quote]
Well, it's a pretty cheap price, so I just wanted peace-of-mind.

[quote name='xbltheshadow']Well, it's a pretty cheap price, so I just wanted peace-of-mind.[/QUOTE]
They pay people to just sit back in the store-room and open up copies of Gears of War. That way they can sell them for less, don't you see?

got mine yesterday and it's going to Gamestop today.

I don't know about the rest of you but this one seems like a copy or misprint of the case insert. I looked at it next to the one I bought on Tuesday and it looks kind of crappy. I know they print them at different locations so it could just be that but it looks slightly bootleg.

bread's done
Back