gears of war preorder $45.98 shipped @ familyvideo.com

[quote name='Santurio']got mine yesterday and it's going to Gamestop today.

I don't know about the rest of you but this one seems like a copy or misprint of the case insert. I looked at it next to the one I bought on Tuesday and it looks kind of crappy. I know they print them at different locations so it could just be that but it looks slightly bootleg.[/quote]

Sounds like a common case of "it costs less so it must be inferior" mentallity. I would bet my copy that familyvideo is not selling bootleg copies of a brand new game. Besides, the game has to be out for a certain amount of time before the bootleggers can even copy it...

[quote name='Santurio'] I know they print them at different locations so it could just be that but it looks slightly bootleg.[/QUOTE]
oh no teh bootleg!

did the family video copy come with a free LIVE trial?

the one i bought from target did, but i returned the familyvideo one to there so i couldn't check.

[quote name='jack001']Sounds like a common case of "it costs less so it must be inferior" mentallity. I would bet my copy that familyvideo is not selling bootleg copies of a brand new game. Besides, the game has to be out for a certain amount of time before the bootleggers can even copy it...[/QUOTE]
I didn't say it was a bootleg. I said the cover print looked slightly bootleg, meaning low quality. It's not a mentality thing because I have 2 copies of it side by side and it looks considerably different. I don't think it's a fake at all it just looks like a crappy cover. The barcode is the same and that's all that matters to me. I've had it since Tuesday and have no need for this one anymore. I'm just happy I got it at such a low price. I wold ahve kept this one though if I didn't already have an open copy.

[quote name='Santurio']I didn't say it was a bootleg. I said the cover print looked slightly bootleg, meaning low quality. It's not a mentality thing because I have 2 copies of it side by side and it looks considerably different. I don't think it's a fake at all it just looks like a crappy cover. The barcode is the same and that's all that matters to me. I've had it since Tuesday and have no need for this one anymore. I'm just happy I got it at such a low price. I wold ahve kept this one though if I didn't already have an open copy.[/quote]Can you post a picture. I think your maybe seeing things. This company has like 400+ stores so I don't really think they're selling bootlegs.

[quote name='Bazz']Can you post a picture. I think your maybe seeing things. This company has like 400+ stores so I don't really think they're selling bootlegs.[/QUOTE]
Again, I'm not saying it's a bootleg. The cover art is just really low quality. It may have just been a printer error but it really looks different than the copey I bought at Gamestop. All the type is blurry and it has a different looking ratings box. The barcode even looks different but it has a the exact same numbers. It also doesn't have the Live sticker that mentioned the trial. It does have the certificate of Authenticity label so I believe it to be legit. I was just asking if anybody else got this poorly printed cover as well. I guess not. :roll:

I would take pictures of them together but I only have a camera phone and it would look blurry no matter what.

I AM with Santuro

i bought 3 copies of this game (1 from Gamestop, 1 from bestprices.com, 1 from family video) and the two that i bought from BP.com and FV seem to have a different quality to the box art... the gamestop one has the best and most crystal clar box art

You get what you pay for I guess =/

FYI - my okami from BP.com also has the same issue

basically ---- bp.com / familyvideo.com (and other cheap distro places) = must get it from a particular distro that makes them cheaper so they can sell them cheaper

just my humble opinion!

[quote name='haji']I AM with Santuro

i bought 3 copies of this game (1 from Gamestop, 1 from bestprices.com, 1 from family video) and the two that i bought from BP.com and FV seem to have a different quality to the box art... the gamestop one has the best and most crystal clar box art

You get what you pay for I guess =/

FYI - my okami from BP.com also has the same issue

basically ---- bp.com / familyvideo.com (and other cheap distro places) = must get it from a particular distro that makes them cheaper so they can sell them cheaper

just my humble opinion![/quote]I guess santuro was right but, why don't you just look at the back of the box to see which one came from which ditributor or in box manual. It usally says. I use to kind of have this problem with dvds, but the truth if the game plays the same that is what counts to me and that they both have the same package contents.

Bazz, it's not like they are bitching. It seems to me that it's a case of "Oh, look at that. They look kind of different." not "OMG WE GOT SCRWEDZ WIT TEH BOOOTLEHGZ!!1" :\

[quote name='badramen']Bazz, it's not like they are bitching. It seems to me that it's a case of "Oh, look at that. They look kind of different." not "OMG WE GOT SCRWEDZ WIT TEH BOOOTLEHGZ!!1" :\[/quote]Yeah I know , I'm just Curious George.

I bought it at Gamestop and the game didn't work so I had to take it back. The guy wrote returned on my receipt. Does that mean I can't return it unopened when I get from Family Videos in the mail?

[quote name='Jesu']I bought it at Gamestop and the game didn't work so I had to take it back. The guy wrote returned on my receipt. Does that mean I can't return it unopened when I get from Family Videos in the mail?[/QUOTE]
nelson.gif

For those of you that are still waiting for the game from Family Video:

I called them today because I planned on using this as a gift for a birthday on the 21st. I wanted to see when they thought it would ship so I would know if I would have it by the 21st or not. They told me the game shipped out on the 10th, which was a surprise to me because I was sent an email on the 11th saying this:

We're sorry to inform you that the following item(s):

1 x Gears of War : Xbox 360

is backordered, and we are awaiting a status from the distributor as to
when the product(s) will arrive in stock, usually within 2-4 weeks. We will
continue to monitor this order and provide you with updates as they
become available. If you have any further questions simply reply to
this e-mail.

Thank You for Shopping With Us!

Your Friends @ FamilyVideo.com

1-888-332-6843

Your order has been updated to the following status.

New status: I-Back Ordered

Please reply to this email if you have any questions.

They guy on the phone told me that I should get a status email today saying that they game shipped out on the 10th.

I got mine today, the exact day FamilyVideo told me it would be here and the day I expected to have it. I'm very pleased and will be ordering from them in the future. :)

Date Ordered: Sunday 05 November, 2006

The following title(s):

1 x Gears of War : Xbox 360

shipped on 11/10/2006. Our standard shipping time is 5 to 10
business days from the date it was shipped, so this should arrive at the
latest on 11/24/2006.
Just an update to those who are still wondering

[quote name='Jesu']I bought it at Gamestop and the game didn't work so I had to take it back. The guy wrote returned on my receipt. Does that mean I can't return it unopened when I get from Family Videos in the mail?[/QUOTE]

So does anyone know? My gears just shiped from family video and I'm not sure what I should do.

[quote name='Jesu']I bought it at Gamestop and the game didn't work so I had to take it back. The guy wrote returned on my receipt. Does that mean I can't return it unopened when I get from Family Videos in the mail?[/quote]

If it hasn't shipped yet, cancel the order with Family Video, or put the sucker on Craigslist if it has.

I sold most of my OPEN PS2 games to people on craigslist for full retail price.

The only thing I lost money on was the cost of tax from the purchase, but if you can get someone to take your copy of Gears of War off your hands for $50, they'll think they're getting a deal.

Mine finally shipped. My copy of Call of Duty 3 also shipped for the 360, even though I cancelled it. It's showing up as $0 on the invoice, so it will be interesting to see if I get billed.

W00T

Shipped on Thursday, arrived Today(Monday). Saturday was veterans day.

Solidly fast shipping.

Will use thier service again.

Wierd that people who ordered before me got backordered...

I got the email from Family Video today telling me that it shipped, and it was at my house when I got home tonight. so who knows what's up with their updates.

anyways, going to pop it in now and check it out before dinner. thanks again for the heads up OP.

Mine arrived yesterday. Of course, I'm 400 miles away from it on business....still have to finish up Dead Rising before I play it anyway...

I ordered it yesterday it still says "I-processing" and on the main GoW page it says "2-4 weeks" for delivery....Does anybody know if this still stands or they just havent updated it yet? I assume since its already out they are shipping faster? Anyone got any info?

Got it yesterday. My team got owned on XBL, and I'm dying like crazy on Hardcore (haven't finished the first chapter yet), and I'm having a blast.

At first the mechanics felt clunky, and unpolished, and unfun. Now, it's smooth and fantastic. The hammer of dawn wasn't really that impressive, though, and there's not enough weapons. Hopefully there's a bit of change and more killer gameplay later in the game.

Also, I don't find the Co-Op as fun as Halo 2. Mostly because it actually doesn't feel as strategic. I'm serious, the level design, and the mechanics make it actually less tacticle. Anyone else know what I'm saying?

[quote name='spinksjinx']I just got an email stating "Backordered will ship within 30 days"...Should I cancel my order???[/quote]

You might want to call them first. I got a similar email on the 11th and then called on the 13th to find out that the game had shipped on the 10th. They hadn't sent out an updated status until later in the day on the 13th.

Order shipped 11/13, got it on 11/14 ($0.99 shipping to CA). Very impressed.

Identical to my Target copy, just no free 48 hrs of live on the front.

Also got my copy of Call of Duty 3 from them today, shipped 11/13.

Now is showing backorder usually ship within 2-4 weeks :fridge: I guess I won't be playing the game until christmas :oldman: Anyone know else where having a good deal for GOW.

[quote name='Narff']You might want to call them first. I got a similar email on the 11th and then called on the 13th to find out that the game had shipped on the 10th. They hadn't sent out an updated status until later in the day on the 13th.[/quote]

I ordered it yesterday. I may wait until Friday and if nothing has changed give them a ring...I seriously cant see them backordering the game now that it has been out for a full week and pre-orders if they had taken any would have been filled so a 2nd shipment should be on its way...Although my Walmart has been sold out 5 minutes after getting it and still hasnt gotten it in stock...Just as long as it comes next week I will be happy.

I bought mine at a store and I'm mad cause I planned on returning this one, but i'm still waiting for it to get shipped. Luckily though the return policy at kmart is extended at moment b/c of the holidays. So I'm going to wait untill friday to and if not I basically threw money like an idiot. I like the game a lot, but to me it's not worth 63.00.

[quote name='Bazz']I bought mine at a store and I'm mad cause I planned on returning this one, but i'm still waiting for it to get shipped. Luckily though the return policy at kmart is extended at moment b/c of the holidays. So I'm going to wait untill friday to and if not I basically threw money like an idiot. I like the game a lot, but to me it's not worth 63.00.[/quote]

I dont think it was worth the full sticker price either but 45 bucks alone for the visuals and MP seemed like a steal...Especially since probably a year from now you can get 30-40 back out of it!

[quote name='spinksjinx']I dont think it was worth the full sticker price either but 45 bucks alone for the visuals and MP seemed like a steal...Especially since probably a year from now you can get 30-40 back out of it![/quote]Exactly.

I just received a confirmation saying backorder and should ship within 30days :cold: should I cancel my order and go with PA region free version or should buy 1 from wally mart and return the one that I am receiving from famvid after a month:hot: .

are there GOW demo on xbox1ive market place?

My order shipped on the 8th but it wasn't in today's mail, anybody else in the same situation? I don't mind the wait, just curious if I'm the only one.

bread's done
Back