gears of war preorder $45.98 shipped @ familyvideo.com

damn if they only accepted paypal, i would be all over this deal rather than wait 2-3 weeks for the import version from play-asia

[quote name='Mojimbo']My order shipped on the 8th but it wasn't in today's mail, anybody else in the same situation? I don't mind the wait, just curious if I'm the only one.[/quote]
Nope - I was a bit surprised when I got my copy of Splinter Cell on tuesday (overseas from play-asia, shipped on the 7th), and still no GoW. I keep expecting it to show up, but no luck so far. Must be lost in the mail system... :lol:

(In case you were wondering, I'm in VA)

I check yestarday night it show In store and ready to ship in 1 business day... now is BACKORDER AGAIN @@@@ and they didnt' update my order.... I think i they got a little problem with their backorder system, I will be on backorder for years....

Awesome, ordered on 30th, shipped on the 9th and got it today. Reason it took so long was because they used UPS Mail Innovations but I didn't mind the wait.

are there really different version of the game other then standard and collector edition? If I could find one in walmart could I return the one received from family video and to walmart since their policy is good for 90 days?

shipped on the 8th but still no copy yet.
But i'm over seas and they have to ship it to an apo.
I swear military gamers always get crapped on and it's still not available at the bx.
The price we pay,lol.

Family Video is fucking shit to the max!

I ordered it on the 13th, I got an email saying it will take 24 hours to process so thats cool...The next day I check my email/invoice and it says I-BACKORDERED....I give them a call and ask them when they will get them in and the guy was rude and says "You saw the webpage said 2-4 weeks, so we will ship it to you 2-4 weeks"...Well I get an update email and it says to check my invoice...I check the invoice and it says "shipped" and then I check the webpage for Gears at FV.COM it claims its in stock....Earlier that evening I got an email saying backordered again...I called and the guy told me to "Deal with it"...

fucking assholes, I would cancel my order if I didnt have finals coming up and dont really have to much time to be playing anyways.

my copy shipped on the 10th according to them, havent received it yet, but im not going to start worrying till next week, im still in the "5-10 business day" period, i guess being in tx takes longer as some people have received it within a few days of being shipped by usps. meh

Still waiting on mine (shipped on the 8th)... if this is their normal delivery time for VA, I don't think I will be using them again, at least with the 99 cent shipping. I'm a patient guy, but two week shipment times are a bit much :)

[quote name='jtbradford']Still waiting on mine (shipped on the 8th)... if this is their normal delivery time for VA, I don't think I will be using them again, at least with the 99 cent shipping. I'm a patient guy, but two week shipment times are a bit much :)[/quote]

I feel you, but the only thing that is keeping me from cancelling my order is finals coming up and I dont really need any distractions but also for the fact that Walmart here has been sold out of Gears since the first day it came out...So I figure 2 weeks from now its going to be the same game and still 20 bucks cheaper so its a steel.

But this will be my last order from them ever again.

Mine shipped on the 13th but I'm still waiting for mine.

5-10 days. :((

I want to play already! Hehe.

But at the price I got it for, I shouldn't be complaining. XD

I used family video for my Transformers 20th Anv DVD and they are in my state and it still took FIVE days for the DVD to reach me after shipping.

[quote name='dfo']I ordered afternoon of 11/15 with $.99 shipping (not a pre-order, obviously), received in MD on 11/18.[/quote]

See thats the bullshit that pisses me off, I ordered it on the 13th and have been given the run around and you order on the 15th and already got it....They seem like a very unorganized company.

[quote name='spinksjinx']See thats the bullshit that pisses me off, I ordered it on the 13th and have been given the run around and you order on the 15th and already got it....They seem like a very unorganized company.[/QUOTE]

Just goes to show the kind of service we're willing to put up with for cheap prices. That's why Best Buy does so well even with subpar service.

FINALLY RECEIVED MINE TODAY! im REALLY hoping frikin zelda doesn't take this long to get to me...i want to play it over thankgiving break b4 i have to go into taking exams :(

[quote name='animemaniac14']FINALLY RECEIVED MINE TODAY! im REALLY hoping frikin zelda doesn't take this long to get to me...i want to play it over thankgiving break b4 i have to go into taking exams :([/quote]

My Zelda just arrived today, they actually sent it priority even though I only paid $0.99 shipping.

Yeah, this is starting to bug me, too. I can deal with slow shipping, but this "it shipped," "no, it's back-ordered," "no, it shipped" BS is irking me.

i vote that everyone stops freakin whining all the time about EVERYTHING on these forums. hell im even whining about the damn whiners..sad....

[quote name='joshr915']i vote that everyone stops freakin whining all the time about EVERYTHING on these forums. hell im even whining about the damn whiners..sad....[/quote] Came on the thread to say that?

[quote name='spinksjinx']Anyone know how to cancel your order via web or do you have to phone in?[/quote]
Either one. Send an email to [email protected] or you can find their customer service number on the website and call them. I've actually cancelled both ways. (one for Final Fantasy XII by email and Red Steel over the phone)

I got my copy in 2 days! I then ordered Zelda for wii and got that in 1 day!
They chip from around Chicago I believe and I live in Columbus, Ohio.
Way to go family video :applause: Very fast service!

from the sound of things, the shiping time varies alot by location. Mine shipped on 11/10 and i havent seen it yet (in Texas), also i think a couple others who are in south have had shipping take awhile... idk, just speculation...

[quote name='Maddgief']I'm finally gonna open my copy today! Vive FamilyVideo.[/quote]

Great googily moogily. Gigantic wind/rain storm has the power flickering on and off. Won't subject the 360 to that....looks like I'll have to wait until tomorrow...:cry:

[quote name='bostonfrontier']i still haven't received my copy yet........ and it shipped out on the 13th[/QUOTE]

How did they ship it? I sent some guy a SegaCD USPS 1-2 priority last week and the fucker still isnt there yet. USPS sucks balls.

Ordered mine on the 10th and still not here. A few weeks ago I ordered WoW from them and it got here (NYC) in 2 days. Very strange.

[quote name='tambasmd']Ordered mine on the 10th and still not here. A few weeks ago I ordered WoW from them and it got here (NYC) in 2 days. Very strange.[/QUOTE]

I got the same thing, i ordered FFIII for the DS and it showed up in 3 days...... and this has been over 2 weeks now and still haven't gotten it

[quote name='USAF STRONG']28th and still no copy, shipped on the 8th. i guess you get what you pay for.[/quote]
Same thing here, although it looks like yours had farther to go. At this point it's been well over 10 business days; I'm convinced that mine was either a)never shipped, or b)lost by USPS.

Familyvideo has not responded to my email inquiry either, so at this point it looks like I'm going to need to call them to try and get the order cancelled. I'm glad most people got theirs in decent time, but I don't think I'll be ordering from these guys again. Between early preorders getting backordered and "shipped" orders not arriving, they seem very disorganized :whistle2:|

Edit: In case anyone with similar problems was interested... I gave them a call this evening. Their customer support seems pretty top notch; I told them I hadn't received it yet, they made some sort of quick check, and then told me they were sending it again via UPS. I was expecting a big hassle, but I was on the phone for less than 5 minutes... assuming this one actually shows up, I think I'll give them the benefit of the doubt the next time a decent deal shows up :)

bread's done
Back