Gears of War Triple Pack [Xbox 360] $19.99 at Best Buy

So this is $20, and the coupon in @gamer is get it for $9, but you have to spend $5 to get the
magazine with the coupon in it..... and then pay tax. So what do you exactly save if you didn't
get the mag for free. $2?

[quote name='CosmosTheMouse']So this is $20, and the coupon in @gamer is get it for $9, but you have to spend $5 to get the
magazine with the coupon in it..... and then pay tax. So what do you exactly save if you didn't
get the mag for free. $2?[/QUOTE]

Is math that hard?

$20
-$10
-$5
-----
$5

[quote name='confoosious']Is math that hard?

$20
-$10
-$5
-----
$5[/QUOTE]

Actually, your math is incorrect.

- $20 for the game
- $7 for the magazine (is the mag $5.99 or $6.99, can't remember)
+$10 savings
-TAX (at 10%)
- $18-19 out of pocket

So in other words, yeah, you're saving $1-2 to get it since the cost of the magazine and tax nixes almost the entire upswing. You might as well save yourself the trouble and just buy it at the sale price of $19.99 -- it pretty much is the same thing if you factor in money for time spent/wasted.

Notice I am not including the $5 preorder requirement which some BBYs are making you do. You can always get that back.

Not a terribly great deal; I suspect we'll see this one for $10-15 during the holiday season anyways.

It's not a problem with the math, it's what exactly the breakdown of the amounts are. So the game (GoW triple pack) is $20. So the coupon in @gamer is for $10 off, correct? Am I correct in understanding that in order for the coupon to be used it requires a $5 deposit on a GoW 3 preorder? If so, that's $15 (yes, I know the preorder can be returned but that's for later). Well, for those who aren't subscribers to the mag, there is the additional cost of buying the mag, which I'm assuming is at least $5, probably more. If I'm missing something then please elaborate.

[quote name='romeogbs19']Actually, your math is incorrect.

- $20 for the game
- $7 for the magazine (is the mag $5.99 or $6.99, can't remember)
+$10 savings
-TAX (at 10%)
- $18-19 out of pocket

So in other words, yeah, you're saving $1-2 to get it since the cost of the magazine and tax nixes almost the entire upswing. You might as well save yourself the trouble and just buy it at the sale price of $19.99 -- it pretty much is the same thing if you factor in money for time spent/wasted.

Notice I am not including the $5 preorder requirement which some BBYs are making you do. You can always get that back.

Not a terribly great deal; I suspect we'll see this one for $10-15 during the holiday season anyways.[/QUOTE]

My math is perfectly correct. The magazine costs $5. If you're gonna count tax, then you have to count tax against that $20 to begin with. So for simplicity sake, you don't count it. So... $5 savings.

Let's assume a 5% tax rate for simplicity:

Price on sale = $21

Price w/ coupon = $10
Magazine cost = $5
-------------------------
$15 + .75 tax = $15.75

difference is $5.xx

[quote name='CosmosTheMouse']So this is $20, and the coupon in @gamer is get it for $9, but you have to spend $5 to get the
get the mag for free. $2?[/QUOTE]I didn't factor in people purchasing the mag, I figured at this point pretty much all the "I'll wait to get the sub" people who wind up begging for coupons/scans & then become "I wish I'd subscribed when it was $10 or 2 months ago when the coupons started stacking"#-o
Do they still charge tax when a $20 item is deducted? I know they go back n forth with charging tax on the $5 pre-order. Even still $10 for the mag, game + pre-order is still a hella deal. But for the life of me I don't understand why people still debate purchasing the sub 1 flip or 1 coupon will break even before accounting for RZ points & you have 9 more mags w/8-10 coupons ea the odds are heavily stacked in the customers favor.

9.99 for GOW triple pack?!
tumblr_locdnqxnGQ1qb5p8v.jpg

I finally just subscribed to the magazine last week when I picked up the Infamous 2 guide for $5. Girl didn't even ring the current issue, so I guess I'll get all my 10 mags, plus I got this one for free... Seems to be worth it, since the coupons continue to look good and continue to stack. Still on the fence about the $70 DX11.

[quote name='MakenX']I tried it yesterday, game rang up for $9.99.

At first, the cashier couldn't get the coupon to work; she had to scan some sort of generated preorder receipt (which she had to go and get from somewhere, it didn't print out at the register). After she did that, it came up $9.99. I told her that the coupon said $20 off (even though it does also say the game is $9.99 right under it), and she got a manager who plainly told me "I'm not giving you this game for free".[/QUOTE]You should only be paying $5 for the pre-order here's the link from BB Corp responding to this deal specifically, if they refuse you need to report them ASAP that way the store/regional managers can be notified & the issue resolved.

http://www.forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Reward-Zone-Gamer-s-Club/Gamer-Coupons-question/m-p/308404#M1050

[quote name='Enuf']You should only be paying $5 for the pre-order here's the link from BB Corp responding to this deal specifically, if they refuse you need to report them ASAP that way the store/regional managers can be notified & the issue resolved.

http://www.forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Reward-Zone-Gamer-s-Club/Gamer-Coupons-question/m-p/308404#M1050[/QUOTE]

The preorder did come up $5, there was no issue with that.

It was the triple pack that came up $9.99. I didn't press the issue because it came up automatically, and I figured the coupon was programmed in the system as "sell triple pack for $9.99" instead of "take $20 off the price". Besides, all I wanted from the pack was the All Fronts DLC, which I can get for $10 anytime anyway.

Karina has replied back if you have overpaid for GoW triple pack or haven't purchased it yet follow the link she'll resolve the issue. MAKE SURE TO VOICE ALL CONCERNS!!!! whether it be with stores not price matching correctly/at all, @gamer coupons, not allowing you to use RZ cert in conbination with sales, pm's, @gamer coupons etc. Allowing them to correct/alert/inform store managers at 1 time will greatly streamline the process.
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Reward-Zone-Gamer-s-Club/Gamer-Coupons-question/td-p/307388/page/2

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back