Geist $19.99 at Best Buy

Nice find. Since everyone had their hopes up with this being $9.98 @ TRU, this will work just about as good.

I found it a couple of months ago @ $20 after GGC, so I think I didn't fare too badly with it being $5 cheaper now.

[quote name='Starky27']Hmm, looks like a price drop. Dunno if $15 AC is a good enough price on this for me though...[/QUOTE]
It is for me. I was really looking forward to playing it when I thought I was gonna get it for $10 at TRU. Since that fell through, this deal should give me my fix.

Shrike, did you play any of it? Opinions on it? From what I've gathered the game is rather short and the FPS elements are somewhat basic, but the 'ghost' aspects bring something different and fun to the experience...

[quote name='shrike4242']Nice find. Since everyone had their hopes up with this being $9.98 @ TRU, this will work just about as good.

I found it a couple of months ago @ $20 after GGC, so I think I didn't fare too badly with it being $5 cheaper now.[/QUOTE]
Beat me to it, shrikey :D . Its also worth noting that both BBs I usually go to have a LOT of these in stock.

[quote name='Starky27']Shrike, did you play any of it? Opinions on it? From what I've gathered the game is rather short and the FPS elements are somewhat basic, but the 'ghost' aspects bring something different and fun to the experience...[/QUOTE]
It's a passable FPS without the "possession" aspects tossed in there, though the story's decent enough, and with all the aspects added together, I thought it was worth $20. $15, as well.

I was looking for a something-different FPS, and being a FPS on the GC, that's worth eyeballing for me alone. For a something-different FPS, I think it pulls it off.

It's not worth $50, no question there. $15, I think so.

Though, why take my word for it? Try looking here, with a 67 from metacritic:
http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/cube/geist

I don't know if I will pay anything for this game . . . maybe $5. But why even pay that for a game that I know I will never spend time with (considering the pile of good ones I have to play).

I rented it upon release (cool to get the BB 2 coupons/month with online rentals deal). I played a few sessions with it and thought it was terrible . . . but thats my opinion . . . so-so graphics, clunky control, dubious possession element, dull puzzles. I guess if you only have a GC, have few games in your cue and you've played MP and MP2 to death . . . then its worth $15.

Hmm, I have played it for a few hours and it is just OK. The graphics are pretty nice, but the game is a bit boring. I was getting stuck alot. The gunplay is just so so. Worth the $15 if you like that sort of thing.

has anybody been able to confirm this has dropped B&M to $20. i got it as a gift for x-mas and returned it for $50 wouldn't mind getting it back for 20 :)

[quote name='vanlandw']has anybody been able to confirm this has dropped B&M to $20. i got it as a gift for x-mas and returned it for $50 wouldn't mind getting it back for 20 :)[/QUOTE]
Yes, I bought it last night B&M at Best Buy in Mentor Ohio for 19.99 + tax.

[quote name='EdsHead']Yes, I bought it last night B&M at Best Buy in Mentor Ohio for 19.99 + tax.[/QUOTE]

Thanks EdsHead,

Great extra $30 dollars for vanlandw for christmas...gg thanks a bunch

[quote name='Starky27']Hell, use the McD's $5 off coupon to get it for $15...[/QUOTE]
McD's coupon doesn't work on GC games, only PS2 games.

GGC's work on anything, however.

Woot! I found it, too. At my Best Buy in San Jose, CA (Almaden Plaza), for $14.99 after GGC! (The GGCs are all the way near the major appliances, took a bit of searching around)

[glad I did a search before starting a new topic! an idiot, not i am]

It's $9.98 at TRU if you can find it. There were 2 or 3 copies left at the TRU near me, so you still have pretty good chances of finding one at your TRU.

[quote name='aoLat']It's $9.98 at TRU if you can find it. There were 2 or 3 copies left at the TRU near me, so you still have pretty good chances of finding one at your TRU.[/QUOTE]

thanks aoLat, I was at TRU on Tuesday, 12/27, and it was ringing up for $49.99; quite disappointed. I got tired of searching for the $9.98 copy, so I figured $14.99 was good enough, without all the extra running around.

yeah.. i'll confirm that its 9.99 at TRU... i went last weekend and it rang up 50 bucks.. but my buddy picked me up Geist and metroid prime 2 for 10 each today.

yeah its 9.98 at TRU, got it this mroning along with metroid 2...not sure how many left, but there were 5 or 6 empty boxes in the front, they had to get the game in the back

bread's done
Back