general consensus of best lcd brand for gaming...

I've got a Samsung SyncMaster 941BW (widescreen), its worked beyond great for me, they are extremely cheap at new egg, it comes with a 40 dollar rebate.

Depends on what screen size I'm looking for and than I got look at who made the panel. Well that doesn't help, but that's how I do things.

I own a Samsung - LNR268W. It is essentially the LCD you see used with the 360 kiosks but the next size up. I have my 360 and PC hooked up to it and have been fairly satisfied with it. I do have a few minor issues which I will address for you:
  • Samsung sets "push" reds. I can only really notice this when trying to read red text on my PC (it makes it a little difficult). Aside from that, it is not really a problem.
  • The set's native resolution is 1366x768, so I am unable to push it to a 2560x1600 resolution on my PC as I'd like to. Therefore, my PC display looks nice, but not as nice as it could.
  • My set is approaching the 2 yr. old mark and I think the picture is beginning to "wash out". Blacks do not seem as black as they once were, but that may just be me.
All in all, I love my TV. I've been using the shit out of it since day once and once time comes to upgrade to something bigger and better - I'll start my search with Samsung.

bread's done
Back