General Fighting Game Thread 3 is full of scrubs (except Markman, ReRo, and Beef)

dang wasnt Pacific Media Expo started by ex-AX ppl who left coz of all the corruption and shyt?!?!

maaaan... I jus hope u guys bring back Nami Tamaki.

that's seriously the only thing I want

Give me up!! whooooaaahhh~~!

[quote name='B:L']Nah, Lost Roads is trippin'. Tager still isn't that good.

Bang is too good.[/QUOTE]

Are you drinking?

1. Collider has head invincibility
2. New 4D adds mags
3. 5D has more armor and no longer tosses players away
4. 3C pulls people in
5. Double Libra
6. All moves are faster on top of walk/jump speed increase

Tager is very good now.

I need to get back to T6 but fucking PS3 drive wont be fixed soon :( fucking bills.

On the plus side my personal life has been flipped upside down, but in the process, I's gots more clarity.

[quote name='MarkMan']That sucks!

I'm down to play T6 online sometime.[/QUOTE]
fuck it

lets play t6 offline

[quote name='Inf^Shini']What is this? No SFIV used in my vicinity?!? Madness!

Everywhere I drove today, people were in bitch mode.[/QUOTE]

That is so weird, for reasons that I stated already.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']Madness![/QUOTE]
Madness?!

This

is

Me wanting to go to San Diego since I keep saying I'm going to, but I never do, and I gotta man up

[quote name='JEKKI']we coulda gone last weekend!!![/QUOTE]
we could go this weekend if you want

and if there's a place to go in san diego for us to play. *cough*

I'll be in LA this weekend for the House of Cicada/LA Riots II events.

UCSD is doing Winter Game Fest though, they have SFIV there, go wreck em.

[quote name='MarkMan']I'll be in LA this weekend for the House of Cicada/LA Riots II events.

UCSD is doing Winter Game Fest though, they have SFIV there, go wreck em.[/QUOTE]
booo

i don't want to play sf4
i want to play tekken 6!
and i don't want to play tournaments, i want to play casuals, i am so behind at the game...

i thought you were going to japan?
didn't you want utada tickets but canceled the search?
if you want one ticket you can have mine since i don't feel like going anymore.

[quote name='kainzero']booo

i don't want to play sf4
i want to play tekken 6!
and i don't want to play tournaments, i want to play casuals, i am so behind at the game...[/QUOTE]
http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=8307

They had casuals for all the games when I went last year, I see no reason why they wouldn't this year.

Plus, Brawl kids love being bad in SFIV, it's a great way to build your self-esteem. Trust me, I know. =D

[quote name='Mr. Beef']They had casuals for all the games when I went last year, I see no reason why they wouldn't this year.

Plus, Brawl kids love being bad in SFIV, it's a great way to build your self-esteem. Trust me, I know. =D[/QUOTE]
I DONT WANT TO PLAY SF4
I WANT TO PLAY TEKKEN 6

i think i was there for the very very very very very first winter gamefest for sixth college when it was just an idea. i remember a couple of computers being set up for CS and one gamecube with melee, ahahhaha. iirc, me and my roommates were playing FFA melee and just messing around and eating free pizza, when some guy came over and claimed his roommates would totally destroy us and ran to go get them.

he never came back.

i guess UCSD has come a long way.
i still hate it.

I went to a UCSD tournament when I was in high school still, and got 2nd in their TEKKEN 3 tournament.

Then I won their TTT tournament the following year. That was awesome.

206052645_8f625e49a2_o.jpg

Damn, look how small I was. lol.

etokki - Web Store (Korean & Japanese Parts, New Sticks, Converters + MORE)!
http://www.etokki.com/

Awesome new web store with a ton of great products.

- Korean arcade parts (Crown, Myoungshin)
- Japanese arcade parts (Sanwa JLF, pushbuttons)
- Converters (Highly regarded inpin and Xconverter 360)

Awesome new products like the PS3/360 arcade stick, the Paewang Revolution:

Loving the web store.

^.^​

[quote name='MarkMan'] etokki - Web Store (Korean & Japanese Parts, New Sticks, Converters + MORE)!

Loving the web store.

^.^​
[/QUOTE]

Where are they based out of? Shipping costs?

Solid prices on Sanwa Buttons and Xconverter.

[quote name='MarkMan'] etokki - Web Store (Korean & Japanese Parts, New Sticks, Converters + MORE)!

Loving the web store.

^.^​
[/QUOTE]

How's that Paewang Revolution stick? Better than the cheapo Hori's?

And sucks about AX. I see the names of a few buddies of mine on the resignation list. :cold:

[quote name='asianxcore']Where are they based out of? Shipping costs?

Solid prices on Sanwa Buttons and Xconverter.[/QUOTE]

Checked earlier, cheapest shipping for the inpin was $4 and cheapest shipping for the stick was $19. Didn't check anything else, sorry.

Finally played T6 online and didn't get completely murdered, went 8-8 or 8-9 (i forget) with Lee and had some good matches. Got completely murdered by a Lili that had played over 1000 matches though.

[quote name='diddy310']Got completely murdered by a Lili that had played over 1000 matches though.[/QUOTE]
Was it a Lili that actually knew what she was doing, or one that just did crazy flips all the time?

blah, i'm tired of playing leo, and i don't understand lars so i again need a new character to learn.

i (somewhat) know alisa, ling, leo, and julia. and a little bit of lars.
i'm thinking heihachi next because no one plays him =)

I picked up 'Chi recently too... his juggles are sick. Haven't checked TZ yet but did all the practice mode ones and played about 40 casual matches with him. Seems like a lot of fun.

god where is everyone, i need to debate tekken strategy

then i can talk about how it seems like steve and bruce don't need any juggles to win and it seems like they do tons of damage on NCCs

but it might be because i don't know to play against them

someone help

GG's to Beef today in SFIV. fuck Gouken's counters. Seth not being able to jump in is boring.

Also on a random note, I bought Resident Evil 5 today. I love the series but SFIV had the chokehold on my PS3.

[quote name='asianxcore']GG's to Beef today in SFIV. fuck Gouken's counters. Seth not being able to jump in is boring.

Also on a random note, I bought Resident Evil 5 today. I love the series but SFIV had the chokehold on my PS3.[/QUOTE]
I couldn't believe that Seth's headstomps couldn't be countered. So weird. Can't wait for that blockable Denjin in Super SFIV.

I haven't played SFIV since around X-Mas. Assassin's Creed 2 and Batmang kicked the disc out the drive.

I still need to sit down and play lars... I don't know him as well as I want to... actually i suck badly with lars, just not as bad as all the other new characters.

I think 4 out of all the new characters are stance based and I never liked playing stance based characters.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']I couldn't believe that Seth's headstomps couldn't be countered. So weird.[/QUOTE]

What? There goes my counter-pick against axc.

So I went to the Justin Wong event today at FFA. Some of my friends got to play him, but then he went off earlier than expected, so I didn't get to play him. =[

his face is really greasy.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']I picked up 'Chi recently too... his juggles are sick. Haven't checked TZ yet but did all the practice mode ones and played about 40 casual matches with him. Seems like a lot of fun.[/QUOTE]
i won like, 2 matches out of 12 with him

i don't know how to use him =(

*goes back to spamming db+3 with Alisa*

[quote name='kainzero']i won like, 2 matches out of 12 with him

i don't know how to use him =(

*goes back to spamming db+3 with Alisa*[/QUOTE]

I used him in TTT A LOT, so I had a bit of a foundation. Just had to learn all the new stuff.. I'm still not great with him or anything but I'm definitely learning. Haven't been able to spend as much time with T6 as I would like though - I'm always playing Modern Warfare 2.

D+3 is a tight addition.

Hey guys!
I'll be doing the House of Cicada stream tonight. Its a 3v3 team tournament with all the great socal sf4 players!

Live brackets: http://challonge.com/HoC2
Stream location: http://www.justin.tv/CicadaTehL337

We should be starting 8pm but matches most likely wont get started till 9pm

Here's the current team list
1. Team Ching Chongs - Tatsu, MOVAL, Somuchdamage
2. Team United Nations - Pigadoken, Fuson909, Shizza
3. Team Three Kings - ShadyK, Combojack, ClakeyD
4. Team Bum Hunters - Evil Elvis, OnlineTony213, Hugo101
5. Team AZ - Juicebox, JaeronMerc, Mr. SNK
6. Team Wikipedia - UTJ, UmeShoryu, VictheSlik
7. Team RTSD - Alex Valle, James Chen, UltraDavid
8. Team Pacific Sunrise - Dragonite, shiningsoul, IronFist
9. Team 'Play for Shots' - Nam, Waldo, Cicada(?)
10. Team Korean Countryside: Paro-Da, DJ DEVINE, FloggingMollyLA
11. Team Xstacy - Bmarq, Blaqskillz, ???
12. Team 2Girls1RagingDemon - KMS951, Aireen-chan, Chris
13.Team Paez - Van Paez, HeartOfBattle, Sonic Ace
14. Team Kush - CMoney, Miles, Richard
15. Team SNC - XBlades, TemjinAlpha, ZillGrinds
16. Team F Projectiles - Rm, Destruct1ve, StarSlay3r
Make sure you tune in because there will be other surprises!

Last edited by a moderator:
I really hope the rumors of Chun being nerfed further for SSF4 aren't true.

She's already got a hard enough time.. imo. The only real problem is her being so fragile. One screwup can really cost you the match. I guess everyone can be like that, but with Chun's health, it's especially bad.

nerfing the crouch jab and standing RH and making EX SBK less invulnerable on wakeup.. wtf? those are two of her best normals, and standing RH is what keeps her away from zangief most of the time..

SBK is already useless, and EX requires meter, and is the closest she has to a reliable AA..

She needs her upkicks special back, ST style, and regular health. That's all I want.

Rumors of her crouching medium kick being extended in range is nice. It's already good, now it'll be even better.

[quote name='Shingin']Hey guys!
I'll be doing the House of Cicada stream tonight. Its a 3v3 team tournament with all the great socal sf4 players!

Live brackets: http://challonge.com/HoC2
Stream location: http://www.justin.tv/CicadaTehL337

We should be starting 8pm but matches most likely wont get started till 9pm

Here's the current team list
Make sure you tune in because there will be other surprises![/QUOTE]

Yes, BE THERE.

We'll be raffing off a 1 of a kind stick. Get hype

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']I used him in TTT A LOT, so I had a bit of a foundation. Just had to learn all the new stuff.. I'm still not great with him or anything but I'm definitely learning. Haven't been able to spend as much time with T6 as I would like though - I'm always playing Modern Warfare 2.

D+3 is a tight addition.[/QUOTE]
i don't know how to stop people from rushing in
usually i rely on quick poking mids or high crushes and i have no idea what hei's are

i just end up doing ewgfs and missing them so that a whiffed df+2 comes out and then i cry

[quote name='jer7583']I really hope the rumors of Chun being nerfed further for SSF4 aren't true.

She's already got a hard enough time.. imo. The only real problem is her being so fragile. One screwup can really cost you the match. I guess everyone can be like that, but with Chun's health, it's especially bad.

nerfing the crouch jab and standing RH and making EX SBK less invulnerable on wakeup.. wtf? those are two of her best normals, and standing RH is what keeps her away from zangief most of the time..

SBK is already useless, and EX requires meter, and is the closest she has to a reliable AA..

She needs her upkicks special back, ST style, and regular health. That's all I want.

Rumors of her crouching medium kick being extended in range is nice. It's already good, now it'll be even better.[/QUOTE]
I don't recall hearing about any of those rumors. What I do know is that EX Legs combos very nicely into Kikosho, giving her 2 very viable Ultras.

bread's done
Back