General Gamestop/Ebgames.com pre-ordering question..

admanimal

CAG Veteran
How soon before shipping a pre-ordered game do they usually put the full charge on your credit card?

I ask because I pre-ordered Rock Band, which in theory should be shipping Monday the 19th, but they charged my card today and my order status says "processing..."

[quote name='admanimal']How soon before shipping a pre-ordered game do they usually put the full charge on your credit card?

I ask because I pre-ordered Rock Band, which in theory should be shipping Monday the 19th, but they charged my card today and my order status says "processing..."[/quote]

I am not positive by any means. But that may mean that they recieved them from the mfg. and sent them to the shipper (UPS, FedEx, etc.) who will hold them until street date.

[quote name='paddlefoot']I am not positive by any means. But that may mean that they recieved them from the mfg. and sent them to the shipper (UPS, FedEx, etc.) who will hold them until street date.[/quote]You're correct. When the order gets placed initially, they put a $1 auth against the card to make sure it's valid, which drops off. When they're prepping it for shipment, they charge the full amount on the order on your card.

bread's done
Back