General Gaming Thread #13 - As Linear As Final Fantasy 13

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm bored. I was going to do some stuff for school, but I really don't care. Guess getting into law school sapped any motivation I might've had. I have no games to play this weekend. All I can do is wait until Tuesday :(

Hmm... though I guess I could finally watch that Pan's Labyrinth Blu that I bought a while back. Really love that movie.

[quote name='KingBroly']I'd say $10 for Cave Story is hurting because the other option is $0.

Rolento, if thou dost not go for Galaxy 2 or Other M, thou will receive such a beating![/QUOTE]

The other option isn't as good.

I understand ur reasons for the beatings, I just don't don't don't believe in them.

I've already sunk a ton of time into cave story pc back when I first heard about it quite a while ago (4-5 years?), so Cave Story Wii doesn't particularly excite me.

Galaxy 2 will probably be the next new game to get me to fire up the 'ol wii.

After all this time, I finally bought Persona 4. It was $19.99 at GameStop. Traveled 15 miles to the only GameStop that had it (in an area of town I've only been to once).

I'm getting excited for FFXIII - don't let me down squeeeeeeenix

I have the PS3 and 360 versions paid off at gamestop now thanks to the 50% bonus credit and Star Wars Clone Wars trading in for $24 from a $10 blockbuster purchase..

Dangerous thing is I'm contemplating keeping both.

Went back to SSF2THDR last night.

I like that game more than SF4. SF4 is just.. weird. Chun is no good in it either. I don't like the way SF4 feels as much as the old 2D ones. Hard to explain.

God of War 2 looks amazing. It looks better than a lot of "next-gen" games.

Also, Starcraft 2 beta is amazing. shame I'll have to wait 5 years to play the entire campaign though.

[quote name='pete5883']There are at least 7 goddamn AAA games coming this month, wtf? Just one of them would've been enough.

3/09 - Final Fantasy XIII
3/09 - Yakuza 3
3/16 - Infinite Space
3/16 - Dragon Age: Awakening
3/17 - Perfect Dark HD
3/22 - Cave Story
3/23 - SMT: Strange Journey[/QUOTE]

I'm getting FFXIII, Yakuza 3, and probably DA.

Can't decide if I'll be playing Yakuza 3 or FFXIII first though. I probably shouldn't be getting both at release...

[quote name='pete5883']There are at least 7 goddamn AAA games coming this month, wtf? Just one of them would've been enough.

3/09 - Final Fantasy XIII
3/09 - Yakuza 3
3/16 - Infinite Space
3/16 - Dragon Age: Awakening
3/17 - Perfect Dark HD
3/22 - Cave Story
3/23 - SMT: Strange Journey[/QUOTE]

The only one of those I'm definitely skipping is Perfect Dark. Everything else I'm at least considering, and I'm definitely getting FFXIII, Yakuza 3, Dragon Age Awakening, and Strange Journey. I'm also kinda interested in Resonance of Fate, but it's a Tri-Ace game, and I know better. Hmm... it's an expensive month.

In March, I'm getting:
Already bought - Battlefield: Bad Company 2, Lunar: Silver Star Harmony Collector's Edition

3/9 - Final Fantasy XIII :ps3:, Yakuza 3, and Blazblue Portable

3/16 - Resonance of Fate :ps3:, God of War III, Fragile

3/23 - Sakura Wars: So Long My Love :wii:

3/30 - Minamana Iyar Chronicles

I will get Mega Man 10 on PSN whenever it comes out.

[quote name='seanr1221']Yeah, I've kinda lost all interest in FFXIII.[/QUOTE]Despite some ideas I don't like, I'm still beyond hyped for the game. The most I've been hyped since Kingdom Hearts II. I'm looking forward to playing it all day after work, and I plan to not work the weekend so I can play it. ;)

[quote name='seanr1221']Why did Teamxbox remove their 5/10 review for FFXIII?[/QUOTE]

Maybe they got the working 3rd disc in. Their review originally said that they got a defective one and were waiting for a new one, the review probably shouldn't have gone up without playing it anyway.

Ah. Really odd for them. I thought they were a half respectable review place.

I know it sounds stupid, but does anyone ever go back and forth between wanting a big game collection or a small one?

For a while I wanted a big one, but now I kind of want just a few titles for each system.

Finally finished off the recently-released Valkyria Chronicles DLC, then started a new campaign with my old clear data. Man, I love that game. I want a PS3 sequel so bad.

I also played some Alone in the Dark: Inferno. Playing that is like having a retard for a friend. Seriously, I have a mentally-handicapped friend, and playing this game is like hanging out with him. You want to spend time with him because sometimes he can be cool and he's a good person, but damn he's retarded as fuck.

Yes, the cycle goes as follows for me..

Collect a lot of games
Attempt to narrow collection town to favorites - do some trade-ins
See collection get small, get traders remorse
Collect a lot of games

These are the games I'm considering dumping. If anyone has any interest, PM me.

:xbox360:
- Fight Night 4
- Ultimate Alliance 2
- The Saboteur
- X-men: Wolverine
- Tekken 6
- Bayonetta
- Burnout Paradise
- Darksiders
- Dragon Age: CE
- Dante's Inferno

:wii:
- Pikmin
- Excitebots

I have to say, at first, I just wasn't feeling Heavy Rain at all. Then
once I started the trials that Ethan gets, it suddenly got a LOT more intense and interesting.
Now to just somehow manage to beat this before I need to take it back to Blockbuster Tuesday...

[quote name='jer7583']Don't really care about the others. I have cave story already, and it's free.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='KingBroly']I'd say $10 for Cave Story is hurting because the other option is $0.[/QUOTE]
They've been working on it for months, though. Maybe even years? And I'll actually be able to play it with a real controller instead of a keyboard, garbage PC controller, or 360 dpad. That's worth $10 to me, at least.

As for the Pokemon remakes, I can't take the archaic bullshit in those games anymore. I kinda want to play with the little walker-thing, though.

Reeeeeiiiiii - Do you know if GS will have Yakuza 3 on Tuesday or will they get it as usual on Wednesday?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='seanr1221']Ah. Really odd for them. I thought they were a half respectable review place.[/QUOTE]
Well they posted a response about why they took down the review. Honestly it seems like complete BS to me. I kind of get the feeling they did this just to get attention...

Mass Effect 2 has shipped according to Gamefly. I got turned off by the first one, but I heard the second one was better. Maybe I'll go back to the first if I like this one.

As for FFXIII...I've heard about how linear it is and etc. but I'm giving it a try.

[quote name='br26']As for FFXIII...I've heard about how linear it is and etc. but I'm giving it a try.[/QUOTE]
Just like most other JRPGs. The only difference is that FFXIII isn't hiding it.

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']Well they posted a response about why they took down the review. Honestly it seems like complete BS to me. I kind of get the feeling they did this just to get attention...[/QUOTE]

I wonder if the new review will still feature a section bitching about Snow wearing a hat.

[quote name='diddy310']I wonder if the new review will still feature a section bitching about Snow wearing a hat.[/QUOTE]

Did the original have a section bitching about how naming your characters after elements of weather is fucking stupid?

Because if so, I deem it a credible review.

[quote name='dallow']Just get it on 360 Jer, stop kidding yourself.

The game isn't going to be great anyway.[/QUOTE]

lol no its ps3 for this one

[quote name='BlueScrote']Did the original have a section bitching about how naming your characters after elements of weather is fucking stupid?

Because if so, I deem it a credible review.[/QUOTE]

They're just obsessed with weather.

Snow. Lightning. Squall. Cloud. I'm sure there's got to be more that I'm forgetting. :lol:

[quote name='whoknows']Reeeeeiiiiii - Do you know if GS will have Yakuza 3 on Tuesday or will they get it as usual on Wednesday?[/QUOTE]
It's not street dated, so probably Wednesday.

[quote name='dallow']Fake open world or not, I loved it in the classic Final Fantasies.[/QUOTE]
I could care less if it's there or not.

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']I'm watching a play through of American McGee's Alice. Another game I wish I played when it came out...[/QUOTE]

It's pretty good. Still have it, might actually finish it someday. Probably not though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back