General Gaming Thread #14 - Yakuza 3>>>FFXIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='CaptainJoel']Yep!

There's one guy I know that has 12 of them (he works at 7-11 so he just texts the codes that come off the cups to slurpee rewards whenever it's slow).

That's what I thoguht about the Arena. I was expecting a series of challenges. It would be pretty cool if it was kind of like Horde or Firefight, though.[/QUOTE]

That's a dick move. That's why none of the codes dallow gets work.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']That's a dick move. That's why none of the codes dallow gets work.[/QUOTE]
Indeed, I tell him it's bad karma and he doesn't believe it. I also try to get codes out of him but he won't give them to me. He plans to sell them when the game comes out.

He says the codes are one of the few things keeping him there since he gets crappy pay.

Also, just got to the point where I can upgrade stuff in FFXIII.

Game is sooooo much easier now. And after about 45 minutes on Easy I'm at the last area of Mega Man 10.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Yeah, that was the reason I never finished it. I worked through a good bit of the game but there came a point where I just couldn't stand it anymore and just quit. I tend to do the same with GTA games.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, it makes me look forward to Valkyria Chronicles 2 all the more now.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']4&6 have whiny bitches too. Not sure about 5, never played very far into it.[/QUOTE]
IV has nowhere near the level of whine the later games have. As for VI, I'll take your word for it. I didn't care for it, so I don't remember it too well.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']IV has nowhere near the level of whine the later games have. As for VI, I'll take your word for it. I didn't care for it, so I don't remember it too well.[/QUOTE]

Everyone ends up whining about something in VI. And while there's not so much whining in IV, there's still whining. Especially from Cecil. fucking hoser. ;)

[quote name='SuperPhillip']This week is killer. God of War III and Pokemon.
Two games you don't usually hear/read in the same sentence.[/QUOTE]I'm buying God of War III, Fragile, and Resonance of Fate. It will be my last major game buying week thankfully.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Got Metal Gear Acid 2 from GameStop yesterday and the controls are weird, even for a strategy game.[/QUOTE]
It takes time getting use to, but really cool. The first Acid is weirder control wise IMO.

[quote name='whoknows']Moms are tuff[/QUOTE]

Not too tuff, otherwise hope wouldn't have
REVENGE on his mind

[quote name='DarkNessBear']I love how most FFXIII discussions boil down to - which character do you hate more?[/QUOTE]

I love how controllers have buttons.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Got Metal Gear Acid 2 from GameStop yesterday and the controls are weird, even for a strategy game.[/QUOTE]
The controls do take some getting used to. Still MGA 2 is my second favorite portable MGS game(First one being Ghost Babel). It's a shame they'll never make a third game.

I decided to trade-in one of my MW2 copies later today. Shockingly, I've opted to keep my 360 version since I played it online more (although I beat single player on PS3 and put more time into Spec Ops on PS3).

I just put Hope all over my sig/avatar. :p

[quote name='dallow']Their world was fucking destroyed Frost!
Their world. Was fucking. Destroyed!

;)
[/QUOTE]

They whine BEFORE that.
Especially Terra, Celes, Locke, Relm, and Cyan. If Sabin didn't have amnesia, he would too. :p

Wooo. I think I'm in the last section of FF12. Finally.
This FAQ says I have maybe 3 bosses left. I hope I'm leveled enough to take out the last bastard.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']I decided to trade-in one of my MW2 copies later today. Shockingly, I've opted to keep my 360 version since I played it online more (although I beat single player on PS3 and put more time into Spec Ops on PS3).

I just put Hope all over my sig/avatar. :p[/QUOTE]

Now all you have to do is change your twitter icon from Hope so you can continue your madness.

I'm 7 hours into Chapter 11. It's a big chapter.

About 27 hours into FF13. Love it way more then FF12, although im considering going back and finishing up alot of shit I didnt get to in that game.

I hope Snow gets killed by Sephiroth. [/spoilars]

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Wooo. I think I'm in the last section of FF12. Finally.
This FAQ says I have maybe 3 bosses left. I hope I'm leveled enough to take out the last bastard.[/QUOTE]

Thats how I felt about the end of Lost Odyssey. I got the the final boss and just could not for the life of me finish the battle. I didn't have the patience to go back and grind enough to finish it.

I ended up getting $42.81 trade-in credit for MW2 after bonuses. I paid $59.99 w/ $20 GC on Amazon, so its like I made money in a way. :D Now I'm debating how I'll spend my credit. Looking at Super Robot Taisen OG, Suikoden Tierkis, Luminous Arc 2, Advance Wars: Days of Ruin, Atelier Annie, Valkyrie Profile: CoP, Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon, etc.

We're all missing the biggest and best release of March 2010.

Yes, my friends...Metro 2033 is out this week! :)

Now I just need some money.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']I just put Hope all over my sig/avatar. :p[/QUOTE]

fucking awful. Hopefully "hope" ends up like his mom.
Dead.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Undying my ass. Eat a dick. [/FF12][/QUOTE]

That fight went how pretty much every Final Fantasy end boss went for me since 8 -1 character left, I attack, he attacks, I heal, he attacks, I attack, he attacks, I heal, repeat for 45 minutes.

Bah, I couldn't pick up Pokemon today because of the storm yesterday. It knocked out power to my local gamestop. XD

[quote name='diddy310']That fight went how pretty much every Final Fantasy end boss went for me since 8 -1 character left, I attack, he attacks, I heal, he attacks, I attack, he attacks, I heal, repeat for 45 minutes.[/QUOTE]

I pasted his ass into the ground. With UNDERLEVELED characters. The only portion of that end fight that was anywhere NEAR annoying was Vayne Novus and his 5 flying swords, 4 of which refused to die. Luckily my "highest level foe" gambit had everyone just focus on Vayne instead, so he died before it got out of hand.

[quote name='Teroxide']We're all missing the biggest and best release of March 2010.

Yes, my friends...Metro 2033 is out this week! :)

Now I just need some money.[/QUOTE]

What's the big deal about Metro 2033... I had 0 idea what it was until I saw the commercial for it last night... and I can't say it generated any interest.

I'm not sure why anyone is hyped for the game. Dallow, I'm looking at you.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Prove it or gtfo! :bomb:[/QUOTE]
10mof2s.jpg

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Man I suddenly really want FFXIII I want to wait until May so I dedicate time to it.[/QUOTE]

Get it now Jesus, you know you want too! ;)

[quote name='hankmecrankme']
10mof2s.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Pwned.

[quote name='whoknows']I like the mac better.[/QUOTE]

You like Sazh better, he's your favorite char in FFXIII.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']I'm not sure why anyone is hyped for the game. Dallow, I'm looking at you.[/QUOTE]
Because it sounds like an interesting game.

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']Because it sounds like an interesting game.[/QUOTE]

The 30 second advertisement made it looke like something of Doom 3 meets Dead Space with a little Resistance and Pitch Black thrown in. I'm probably off, but that's the impression I got... :(

[quote name='corrosivefrost']I'm not sure why anyone is hyped for the game. Dallow, I'm looking at you.[/QUOTE]

Either am I, looks pretty meh IMO.

[quote name='Nero']Get it now Jesus, you know you want too! ;)

Pwned.[/QUOTE]

But I'm not even two hours into Bioshock 2.......and spring break is over.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']The 30 second advertisement made it looke like something of Doom 3 meets Dead Space with a little Resistance and Pitch Black thrown in. I'm probably off, but that's the impression I got... :([/QUOTE]
That...sounds like an awesome game. However you're impression is completely wrong.

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']That...sounds like an awesome game. However you're impression is completely wrong.[/QUOTE]

I said i was probably off. But that's what the stupid commercial looked like. :p

I've got metro 2033 coming for $30. I love russian games and it is made by some of the stalker guys. I like the visuals too.

I know Pokemon must have sold well because I saw TONS of people all over the malls walking around with a bag from GameStop. Pretty much everyone in there was picking up their preorder.

Speaking of the mall, I saw so many geeks/nerds walking around it was crazy. A bunch had on gaming/anime T-Shirts of stuff most people never heard of (oh course I knew the stuff). Tons of people were in the anime section looking around at FYE today and just so many around game stores.

Anyway, I'm now 14 1/2 - 15 hours into FFXIII. The game is very addictive and I'm still loving it. I hope to play it at least one more time before bed time (work tomorrow).

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']But I'm not even two hours into Bioshock 2.......and spring break is over.[/QUOTE]

What about the weekends brah? No way to put any time into it then? If you're interested in the story, I'd get it and play it as soon as you could. Due to the internet and people being dicks you'll eventually no doubt come across spoilers with someone trying to spoil the game for others.

Spring break is on...and I've barely put 2 more hours into FFXIII (but I put like 8 in during last week.) Stupid research papers being due the day I get back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back