General Gaming Thread 2 - Now with gender select

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='benjamouth']I've not even tried the demo yet but I suspect I'll be picking Bayonetta off a clearance rack at Target at some point in the future.

I just can't see it selling that well.[/QUOTE]

Yup. Thhere's no market for games like Bayonetta.... :roll: (*cough*)ninjagaidengodofwardevilmaycryetc(*cough*) ;)

[quote name='manthing']I really wish I didn't play the God of War 3 demo.

3/10/10 is too far away now.

:([/QUOTE]

God of War Collection scratched that itch nicely.

I'm loving the Bayonetta demo. The gameplay is so damn responsive and fun. After DMC4 was a mild letdown and NG2 and Sigma 2 were huge letdowns, I'm glad there's a hardcore action game that'll actually deliver. I just wish the music wasn't so corny...this is like MvC2 bad. A gothic style world with cheesy pop jazz? lol japan

Going back to GOW Collection after bayonetta is like walking in a tar pit after riding the world's fastest water slide.

Spirit Tracks on the other hand...just no. I love how nintendo's idea of improving zelda is by putting in new methods of transportation and taking out the overworld. Don't even get me started on the graphic style. I know everyone has a hard-on for celda, and I agree that Wind Waker is beautiful, but N64 jaggy style celda is an abomination. Oh well, I guess minish cap is definitely the last 2D zelda.

[quote name='ninja dog']I'm loving the Bayonetta demo. The gameplay is so damn responsive and fun. After DMC4 was a mild letdown and NG2 and Sigma 2 were huge letdowns, I'm glad there's a hardcore action game that'll actually deliver. I just wish the music wasn't so corny...this is like MvC2 bad. A gothic style world with cheesy pop jazz? lol japan

Going back to GOW Collection after bayonetta is like walking in a tar pit after riding the world's fastest water slide.
[/QUOTE]

See, I thought Bayonetta demo was weaker than all 3 of those. To me, GoW3 demo is better, and so is 60fps God of War Collection.

I love the cheese appeal of the music in MvC2 and Bayonetta. Crystal Bearers looks to hit the spot as well with the pop-bluegrass mishmash.

Zelda's about dead to me now. All this 1:1 motion control talk regaurding the next Zelda just makes me shake my head and sigh. I'd much rather have a real Zelda game without any waggle at all, TYVM.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']See, I thought Bayonetta demo was weaker than all 3 of those. To me, GoW3 demo is better, and so is 60fps God of War Collection.[/QUOTE]

Bayonetta is just fresh to me. I like the timed dodge system and all that. It feels like DMC with no gravity.

GOW is fun, but it scratches a different itch. it's just fun to bloody shit up and kill things in ridiculous QTEs, but I don't really take the game all that seriously.

[quote name='dallow']I love the cheese appeal of the music in MvC2 and Bayonetta. Crystal Bearers looks to hit the spot as well with the pop-bluegrass mishmash.[/QUOTE]

kitsch is funny for a few minutes, but not when I know I'll spend 100+ hours on the game :lol

[quote name='corrosivefrost']
God of War Collection scratched that itch nicely.[/QUOTE]

Having played GoW2 earlier this year, I felt no need to play the GoW Collection.

[quote name='dallow']Dang.

I loved Bayonetta. 360 for me.[/QUOTE]

x2 on both counts.

[quote name='Krymner']Zelda's about dead to me now. All this 1:1 motion control talk regaurding the next Zelda just makes me shake my head and sigh. I'd much rather have a real Zelda game without any waggle at all, TYVM.[/QUOTE]

I recently tried, played for about 2 hours, and then gave up on Zelda - The Phantom Hourglass. I cannot figure out a way to play that doesn't constantly block the screen with at least part of my hand. I love the art style, I was digging the plot just fine, it was just too distracting to have to move my hand to see what is going on.

I still need a DSi someday. I'm trying to decide if I should hold onto the game until the DSi XL hits the US and see if that makes it better or if I should sell it before the new one comes out.

I'd be willing to try a Wii Zelda. I got the Gamecube version of Twilight Princess when that came out so I haven't tried that game with motion controls. Mario Galaxy was awesome so I see potential.

I got the Bayonetta demo a couple of weeks ago and I love it. The dodge system is probably one of my favorite things besides the ability to completely destroy enemies with gunshoes.

I can't wait to see all the ways to kill enemies using her hair, too.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Yup. Thhere's no market for games like Bayonetta.... :roll: (*cough*)ninjagaidengodofwardevilmaycryetc(*cough*) ;)
[/QUOTE]

Yeah I'm not basing that on any facts or anything, literally just a feeling, I could very well be wrong.

Think I'll play some more AC2 this weekend.

[quote name='Halo05']I don't understand what you'd call videogames other than videogames.

If you say "interactive entertainment" I'll punch a baby.

EDIT - Cheapest headset is probably found in those 3 month XBL kits in the little orange boxes. BB had them on sale for $20 a few months ago, I think they're regularly $30.[/QUOTE]

I just say "games". Movies, games, books, music. When you add video at the beginning it makes it seem childish or old fashioned.

[quote name='Krymner']Zelda's about dead to me now. All this 1:1 motion control talk regaurding the next Zelda just makes me shake my head and sigh. I'd much rather have a real Zelda game without any waggle at all, TYVM.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. I love the series, but Nintendo is doing a great job at making me not regret ditching my Wii. I hated motion controls for the most part.

Also don't like touch screen controls on the DS. I got through Phantom Hourglass, but won't be bothering with Spirit Tracks.

[quote name='ninja dog']
kitsch is funny for a few minutes, but not when I know I'll spend 100+ hours on the game :lol[/QUOTE]

I'll take you for a ride.... worst. character select music. ever.

[quote name='dallow']Dang.

I loved Bayonetta. 360 for me.[/QUOTE]

bayonetta is what i wanted DMC4 to be.

at least that is the impression the demo left me with.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']I just say "games". Movies, games, books, music. When you add video at the beginning it makes it seem childish or old fashioned.[/QUOTE]I always say vidyagames. Always have, always will.

[quote name='BlueScrote']I'll take you for a ride.... worst. character select music. ever.[/QUOTE]
Once I get a new phone, that will be my ringtone.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']
Once I get a new phone, that will be my ringtone.[/QUOTE]

Someone's going to run you over if you do that.

I started played Ninja Gaiden Sigma earlier today. It isn't grabbing me like it did in 2004. I'll resume my game later today or tomorrow but it might be heading to Gamestop.

[quote name='benjamouth']Yeah I'm not basing that on any facts or anything, literally just a feeling, I could very well be wrong.

Think I'll play some more AC2 this weekend.[/QUOTE]

I'm just being a dick. ;)

*cough*dantesinferno*cough*

[quote name='pete5883']I played MW1 like 3 weeks ago, and even I don't remember
who Price is.
[/QUOTE]

Seriously? He and his identical CoD and CoD2 analogue are the only characters who gets any level of development at all in the entire series.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']This guy added me on PSN named DarknessBear2 (same icon also). And all he does is ask me to play LBP with him. It is really weird.[/QUOTE]

I think I used to know that guy. Every time he came over to my house he wanted to play Crystal Chronicles on the cube with me. Cut him some slack, he gets beat up alot.

Anyway, I call dibs on "DarknessBear4"

[quote name='Jest']Holy Moly! GGT is back?![/QUOTE]

:cool:

After playing more Bayonetta demo, its starting to grow on me. The music, however, is not.

I'll buy it at $30.

Im tempted the pick up Avatar (the PC demo seemed cool) and Sabateur this week when I come back home from college. Although, I wonder if Avatar will drop in price soon after release.

[quote name='refusedchaos']Im tempted the pick up Avatar (the PC demo seemed cool) and Sabateur this week when I come back home from college. Although, I wonder if Avatar will drop in price soon after release.[/QUOTE]

It's a movie tie-in game published by Ubisoft, do you really need to ask?

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']I have the newer Call of Juarez from gamefly and cant seem to really get into it... does it pick up at some point?[/QUOTE]

Not unless you really like canoe chases.

[quote name='LordKefka06']Just finished MGS4. I'm not a fan of the gameplay, but I really liked the 'movies'. It was well worth the $30.[/QUOTE]

That is easily in my top three favorite games ever. The original camera style really made for a cinematic experience, the new gameplay and camera style just works for me though. Beautiful ending though. Incredible game...

Anywhoo...

Picked up Boarderlands for PC today. Gonna install it and give it a whirl before bed.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']I have the newer Call of Juarez from gamefly and cant seem to really get into it... does it pick up at some point?[/QUOTE]
I loved it, but I really like western games. I even liked GUN.

[quote name='Magus8472']Seriously? He and his identical CoD and CoD2 analogue are the only characters who gets any level of development at all in the entire series.[/QUOTE]
I don't remember
him being developed at all. Just kind of going around with me, yelling orders.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']I loved it, but I really like western games. I even liked GUN.[/QUOTE]

I loved gun as well (even with it's horrible pacing)... oh well. I want the Western genre to live well, but Juarez wasnt doing it for me.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']This guy added me on PSN named DarknessBear2 (same icon also). And all he does is ask me to play LBP with him. It is really weird.[/QUOTE]

PSN admirer?

bayonetta demo on 360 rocked - it's not as long as the JP PSN one, there was another few fights, I thought.

Playing the 360 one after the PS3 one was like a breath of fresh air - such a huge improvement over the shitty looking and choppy PS3 verison. I know they're talking about bringing it up to spec but they'd have to do a LOT of work.

Scribblenauts?

EDIT: On an unrelated topic...
what is this i dont even
whatisthisi.png

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='RelentlessRolento']I loved gun as well (even with it's horrible pacing)... oh well. I want the Western genre to live well, but Juarez wasnt doing it for me.[/QUOTE]
Really? Odd, then you should like CoJ. Give it some more time, there are some missions that are really cool. Where are you?

[quote name='seanr1221']Can I be DarknessBear3?[/QUOTE]
I thought you already were...

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Finished Assassin's Creed 2. Great game. Plus what other game lets you
fist fight the pope?
[/QUOTE]
scribblenauts?:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back