General Gaming Thread 2 - Now with gender select

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='jer7583']bayonetta demo on 360 rocked - it's not as long as the JP PSN one, there was another few fights, I thought.

Playing the 360 one after the PS3 one was like a breath of fresh air - such a huge improvement over the shitty looking and choppy PS3 verison. I know they're talking about bringing it up to spec but they'd have to do a LOT of work.[/QUOTE]

Was your account hacked by dallow? Cause I could only see extreme frame-monitoring, pixel-counting videophiles caring.
j/k ;)

When I played the PS3 demo, it was fine. Not choppy, not shitty looking. 360 looks a slight bit better, but nothing worth getting your panties in a knot for. :razz:

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Was your account hacked by dallow? Cause I could only see extreme frame-monitoring, pixel-counting videophiles caring.
j/k ;)

When I played the PS3 demo, it was fine. Not choppy, not shitty looking. 360 looks a slight bit better, but nothing worth getting your panties in a knot for. :razz:[/QUOTE]

exactly

Nope - it was a big difference - easily noticeable in the way the game looks and plays.

But I only played the japanese demo, not the US demo, it may be different.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Finished Assassin's Creed 2. Great game. Plus what other game lets you
fist fight the pope?
[/QUOTE]

DMC4 lets you fight a guy who symbolizes him?

[quote name='jer7583']Nope - it was a big difference - easily noticeable in the way the game looks and plays.

But I only played the japanese demo, not the US demo, it may be different.[/QUOTE]

You somehow must've played a vastly different Japanese version than the one refusedchaos and I played. Either that, or in my old age, I wouldn't notice the difference between a Xbox 360 game and something on the Atari 8600. :lol:

[quote name='corrosivefrost']When I played the PS3 demo, it was fine. Not choppy, not shitty looking. 360 looks a slight bit better, but nothing worth getting your panties in a knot for. :razz:[/QUOTE]Same.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Did anyone else enjoy the musical stylings of TMK while cag was down?[/QUOTE]
:cry:

[quote name='The Crotch']Scribblenauts?

EDIT: On an unrelated topic...
what is this i dont even
whatisthisi.png
[/QUOTE]

I wanna be the guy. I actually beat that over the summer. DAMN hard game. unfortunately, I had to beat it on easy.

[quote name='seanr1221']I want to see a comparison video of Bayonetta on the two systems, but without being told which one is which.[/QUOTE]
Why? Aren't you buying it for the Tr3y regardless, it is multi-platform?

[quote name='seanr1221']I want to see a comparison video of Bayonetta on the two systems, but without being told which one is which.[/QUOTE]

there don't seem to be any good ones out there that show the game running at full speed/resolution. youtube/gamevideos/gt etc. don't have those, so you can't see the key difference-- the frame rate.

there are lots of videos showing texture differences/resolution and crap like that. who cares about that stuff though...I only care about frame rate since it actually makes a difference in button-press timing. I prefer a higher/solid frame rate because it feels more responsive, but I nerd out on these kinds of games. The PS3 version isn't going to give anyone aids, it's just not the best version.

[quote name='theloserboy']I wanna be the guy. I actually beat that over the summer. DAMN hard game. unfortunately, I had to beat it on easy.[/QUOTE]
You mean medium. With a ribbon in your hair.

This game would make me ragequit if it didn't usually crash before that point. fucking medusa heads.

[quote name='The Crotch']You mean medium. With a ribbon in your hair.

This game would make me ragequit if it didn't usually crash before that point. fucking medusa heads.[/QUOTE]

Its actually much more fun if you take turns with a couple of friends. Its hilarious to watch. And yes, I meant medium. My bad.

I'm at Dracula now. He's mostly not bad, but he has a few dick moves.

Three long-lasting homing attacks at once. Especially when you're dodging all of 'em in a really tight area then he teleports into your face. Or lighting the ground on fire so there's a tiny safe zone, and then teleporting IN to that safe zone. And throwing the moon at you.

I think the differences are significant because it's a "feel" thing more than a look thing. The gameplay felt smoother on the 360 demo. The visuals looked better to me too, just by a bit, but it really was the feel of the gameplay that made the difference. Like the difference between playing Ninja Gaiden Black on Xbox Originals and playing Ninja Gaiden Sigma at 60fps on PS3.

Not saying Bayonetta 360 is 60fps, because it's nowhere near that, just it's a similar kind of difference.

Bayonetta is going to sell terribly here. Early January is worse that mid December in terms of release dates. I'm sure retailers will mark it down in short order after its' release.

Nice playing some MW2 with you Jer. It makes it so much better when you play with at least 1 person you have on your friends list.

Wish more CAGs would play together. Is there no CAG clan? I'd like regular play times.

I grabbed Lord of the Rings Conquest today. I don't have much in terms of expectations, but I love the Battlefront games, so I figure throw in a LotR theme and we can at least get $20 worth of enjoyment out of it.

I can't get Borderlands to run on my computer. I get a registry error or some shit. I'll tinker with my computer a bit more and see if there's anything I can do.

[quote name='dallow']Anyone else care about Darksiders?
It's on "a little down the line" list of things I might be interested in.[/QUOTE]
looks interesting to me.
i hope it doesn't take itself to seriously, the premise, title, character design are a bit over the top.

[quote name='seanr1221']:lol: I just want to see if the differences are significant.[/QUOTE]

then check this pretty useful site for some pics+vids: www.google.com

everything is technically better in the 360 version, there's really no two ways around that. digital foundry and all the other pixel counters (plus people who downloaded both demos) figured that out pretty quickly.

[quote name='seanr1221']Yes...you can just feel it. I see.[/QUOTE]

it should be self-explanatory to anyone who's played Modern Warfare vs Killzone 2/Halo, or Gran Turismo 2 vs Forza 3 how an improved framerate changes the feel of a game, especially in a fast paced action game like bayonetta.

But then, some people require further explanation.

I was just having no luck on MW2 tonight, bear. Quarry is one of my least favorite maps, I just don't know all the hiding spots/angles on it at all.

Oh wow, Heavenly Sword is awesome.
Halfway though the game, never played it outside the demo before.

Best voice acting in a videogame ever. The faces are soooo good.
Man, just a little more polish and the game could have been a classic.

This is a bit random but I just found out that farm girl in Zelda: Majora's Mask comes back after be abducted by aliens... I can't believe I never noticed that. Now I want to go replay the game again. Maybe I'll hook my N64 up later to play it.

[quote name='dallow']Anyone else care about Darksiders?
It's on "a little down the line" list of things I might be interested in.[/QUOTE]

I am.

I've actually been watching it since it was announced because of the designs being done by Joey Mad and I love his art.. Or at least I did until I read Ultimates 3 and even though he was only the artist for that abomination of a book it soured my view of him which in turn made me not want this game as much.

UNTIL I SAW THE VOICE TALENT!

Mark Hamil is great and the gameplay looks pretty sweet, too.

I see. So you go from "this one is a huge improvement from the shitty choppy
version" to "you can just feel it."

Look, all I'm saying is, if you make a claim, back it up. I'm not saying one is better than the other, but because so many people are, show me your evidence. :)

[quote name='CaptainJoel']I am.

I've actually been watching it since it was announced because of the designs being done by Joey Mad and I love his art.. Or at least I did until I read Ultimates 3 and even though he was only the artist for that abomination of a book it soured my view of him which in turn made me not want this game as much.

UNTIL I SAW THE VOICE TALENT!

Mark Hamil is great and the gameplay looks pretty sweet, too.[/QUOTE]

From what the previews say, it looks like its going to be part zelda, part god of war. And thats a winner in my book.

[quote name='BlueScrote']From what the previews say, it looks like its going to be part zelda, part god of war. And thats a winner in my book.[/QUOTE]
Indeed! I saw a more recent preview the other day and saw that you have to gain more abilities like in Zelda/Metroid and that makes me really want to buy it on drop day...

But, I am a CAG and am sure it'll drop in price super fast just like Bayonetta.

I enjoyed the Bayonetta demo on PS3. I will definitely order it.

Been playing NBA Live 10 on PS3, along with God of War Collection and Batman: AA. Not much time this weekend to play games since I worked Saturday and Sunday.

I'm very angry at all those GGT members who convinced me to join the ECA for Amazon discounts after what happened. :whistle2:(

If anything, I'll just cancel my card and get a new one (so it can't be charged).

I'm about to play one game tonight, probably a racer since I haven't played one in a while (unless I play MW2). My MW2 360 has shipped and should arrive by Tuesday/Wednesday (its shipping nearby).

A CC can still be charged even if it's cancel, if it's a subscription service of some sort, which it seems like what the ECA is trying to be known as.

If there's any justice, the ECA won't be around next year to try and bill anyone. They seem more intent on digging their own grave than doing anything to fix the situation.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']If anything, I'll just cancel my card and get a new one (so it can't be charged).

I'm about to play one game tonight, probably a racer since I haven't played one in a while (unless I play MW2). My MW2 360 has shipped and should arrive by Tuesday/Wednesday (its shipping nearby).[/QUOTE]
Well - if you read the small print you would have seen that if you are to cancel your card, ECA becomes the rightful guardian of your first child.

This ECA fuck 'up is both so very funny and sad. Hal = Larry David.

I wonder if multiple requests could be put inside the same certified letter?

[quote name='The Mana Knight']If anything, I'll just cancel my card and get a new one (so it can't be charged).
[/QUOTE]

sounds like a really smart move

[quote name='Krymner']ECA sucks.

Damn I can't get past this boss in Ninja Gaiden Sigma. Bleargh![/QUOTE]

What up, krymner?

You wouldn't happen to be talking about Alma around mission 6 would you? ;)
That's the one that pisses everyone off in NG... luckily, in Sigma there's a good technique for pwning her.

Almost done the thread it seems... This week has been nuts for me. So much fucking work with the semester ending. Why not spread it out through the semester so shit's not crazy? I can think of at least a three week span where we did nothing!

Regardless...

It's looking like I'm gonna win a copy of the SFIV guide from a lowball auction. Maybe that'll help me out a bit with it... Meanwhile, I haven't touched Valkyria Chronicles in days because of my school work(see rant above). I did however, get a lot of shit done to justify the Warhammer tournament I went to today. Pulled third place, not bad for me... Borderlands still won't install on my computer as well. Can't figure out the issue and I stopped caring. I'm gonna just sell it and grab it for PS3.

Played some MW2 last night. I'm sad
they killed Ghost off
. It's a short campaign, but I'm managing to stretch it out. I will try to finish it out tonight, but if not, I might start up some GoW Collection.

[quote name='gunm']Played some MW2 last night. I'm sad
they killed Ghost off
. It's a short campaign, but I'm managing to stretch it out. I will try to finish it out tonight, but if not, I might start up some GoW Collection.[/QUOTE]
A-fuckin'-greed. I was so sad that Ghost died... Probably the most surprising video game death of the year for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back