General Gaming Thread ∞

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Flak']Man Heavy Rain, inFAMOUS, and Project TRICO are really making me wish I had a PS3 right now. Or more friends on Xbox Live.

I think I'd rather have the games. Here's hoping E3 brings me a price drop.[/QUOTE]

pray for a price drop announcement at E3 then.

To be honest, and this is strictly due to game releases, I've been playing way more PS3 than 360. Still love them both, it's just a matter of who gets my attention at the moment. I'm sure I'll be back with 360 at some point (Lost Planet 2 and Dead Rising 2).

Is Dead Rising Wii worth renting?

I've played through the 360 one and really enjoyed it and that was when it came out so I wouldn't mind replaying it. What does the Wii version offer that the 360 one didn?t

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Is Dead Rising Wii worth renting?

I've played through the 360 one and really enjoyed it and that was when it came out so I wouldn't mind replaying it. What does the Wii version offer that the 360 one didn?t[/QUOTE]

Zero achievements and less zombies on screen at once, homey.

Why the hell did they take out the camera? Wasn't the whole point of the story was to get to the bottom of the mess and get back with pictures that would bring fame and fortune?

Dead Rising stinks. It has nothing to do with holding up, it stunk than too.

I'm looking forward to the sequel in hopes they make better design choices to make a game that is actually fun.

Yeah I really, really enjoyed Dead Rising 360. I really failed to see the huge problem with the save system, which people seem to have the biggest problem with.

The timed element of it didn't bother me at all either, but then again I'm not a big sandbox person. I still felt that there was plenty of time to do whatever without becoming lame.

Looks like I'll just be playing the 360 version again sometime down the line, probably right before DR2 comes out.

The problem I had with the time element was that I felt really constrained while playing. I couldn't just play through the story then go do everything else. I had to play it by the game's rules or else.

There was also way too much to do. 50 survivors in 3 days, 12 bosses, and the plotline was a little hectic. If you had given me 5 days it wouldn't be that much of a problem. The save system was also garbage as it didn't help matters much.

[quote name='nyprimus4']Is anyone in here a "Platinum Artist" in Rock Band 1 that can help me get the play with a Platinum Artist achievement?[/QUOTE]
Play online with some randoms, that's how I got that achievement, plus the million-dollar one as well.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Yeah I really, really enjoyed Dead Rising 360. I really failed to see the huge problem with the save system, which people seem to have the biggest problem with.

The timed element of it didn't bother me at all either, but then again I'm not a big sandbox person. I still felt that there was plenty of time to do whatever without becoming lame.

Looks like I'll just be playing the 360 version again sometime down the line, probably right before DR2 comes out.[/QUOTE]

Haha yeah, after playing through Suikoden II's Clive subquest, no time limit seems really bad anymore.

Demigod is good, but you really have to know what your doing against certain heroes.

Also, its way too complicated to setup a game with an arranged partner.

In other news. Infamous today. Where did everybody preorder from (if people actually did preorder)? I went to gamestop since the exclusive power seems to be the best preorder bonus.

[quote name='blitz6speed']Infamous looks and plays amazing, but its very open world which im not too much of a fan of. Certain points in the demo where i didn't understand where to go and id get a mission abandoned screen or something. I never liked open world games to begin with tho. Technically, it is amazing, your attacks really make you feel like a super hero (more-so then comic book games have ever done), and the controls are fantastic. I may get it down the line, but wish it held my hand more lol.[/QUOTE]
You have trouble walking towards dots on a minimap?

Finished up both MGS2 and Bioshock this weekend. To be honest, I was more disappointed in MGS2's ending than Bioshock's. Otherwise tho, they both had some solid gameplay and compelling stories.

I think I'm finally ready to dig into Fallout 3 now. And I guess I'll give Final Fantasy XII another shot.

I'm glad I'm not really interested in many games coming out in the next couple months. Gives me time to work on the backlog. The ones I am interested in I can certainly wait for a price drop.

Me and my girlfriend started playing Prof. Layton last night and became addicted. We were up past midnight trying to grab the DS from each other to solve the puzzles first. Good times.

I can't believe I missed that Tony Hawk Ride is gonna retail for $120.

:rofl:

A unproven peripheral added to a worn out franchise? How could Activision lose?

Wait, PJ: Shooter was chosen as the name for the new PJ game?
:whistle2:|

And these were the runners-up?
PixelJunk Depths
PixelJunk Atlantis
PixelJunk Caves
PixelJunk Blaster
PixelJunk S.O.S!

What a bunch of shitty shit.

[quote name='heavyd853']Haha yeah, after playing through Suikoden II's Clive subquest, no time limit seems really bad anymore.[/QUOTE]

Man... Ever since finishing my PSN download of Suikoden I I'm really itching to play Suikoden II based off what people have said... :cry:

Konami better put this up on PSN since I'm having a hard time seeing me pay premium for it. Loved the original one even for how archaic and less than SNES it felt.

Terrible name indeed.

Weekend pickups, I feel like I'm missing something.

NEW

- Wartech: SnR
PS2
- Persona 3 FES
Wii
- Punch-Out!!
- Octomania
DS
- Magical Starsign
- SNK vs Capcom Card Fighters (fixed version)
- Dragonball: Origins
- Mystery Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer
- Commando: Steel Disaster
- Away: Shuffle Dungeon

USED

GBA
-Space Channel 5 (either i really suck, or the game is broken...)

[quote name='zewone']Dead Rising stinks. It has nothing to do with holding up, it stunk than too.

I'm looking forward to the sequel in hopes they make better design choices to make a game that is actually fun.[/QUOTE]
Agreed.

[quote name='dallow']

GBA
-Space Channel 5 (either i really suck, or the game is broken...)[/QUOTE]
The GBA version is broken.

[quote name='tiredfornow']Throw that Wartech game in the trash, dallow_beegee.[/QUOTE]I gotta try it! :)

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']The GBA version is broken.[/QUOTE]Seriously?
The menus and everything work fine, but when I start the game, and it's my turn to do my 'dance', nothing seems to register!
I'm hittng up, left, anything and nothing happens!

[quote name='zewone']Persona 3: FES. :drool:[/QUOTE]Yeah, finally getting to it.

[quote name='Flak']Same thing happens to me with the Dreamcast version. I think it's just us.[/QUOTE]I'm awesome at the DC/PS2 versions though. :cool:

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']There's such a delay in the GBA version that it's pretty impossible.[/QUOTE]:bomb:

The devs for the Ghostbuster game (Terminal Reality) are like a 3 minute drive down the street from where I live.

They'll be at the local GS to sign autographs for the midnight launch.
There will also be a real life Ecto 1 (the GB car) there. I mean a REAL one, inside and out and some other cool stuff.

This is almost getting me to buy the game.

I am looking to score a PS3, anyone know a good deal off hand? I have a extra 360 that I want to package with it also.

The game stop deal wasnt that amazing so I thought I would ask.

I have been checking out that game Mag for PS3 and it looks pretty tight. Up to 256 players!

[quote name='dallow']The devs for the Ghostbuster game (Terminal Reality) are like a 3 minute drive down the street from where I live.

They'll be at the local GS to sign autographs for the midnight launch.
There will also be a real life Ecto 1 (the GB car) there. I mean a REAL one, inside and out and some other cool stuff.

This is almost getting me to buy the game.[/QUOTE]

Someone on the island has the car from Ghostbusters II. I have a picture of it somewheres I took while we were waiting at a red light next to it.

[quote name='gunm']Someone on the island has the car from Ghostbusters II. I have a picture of it somewheres I took while we were waiting at a red light next to it.[/QUOTE]

That is freakin' sweet!

Yeah, there's a few around. I've seen a Back to the Future Delorian and a 90s Batmobile on the street myself.

I think this specific one comes from the Official Ghostbusters Fan Club of NA, or something like that.

Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City delivers two games on one disc - the all-new episode The Ballad of Gay Tony and the first episode, The Lost and Damned - together on disc for the first time - for Xbox 360 for $39.99 and will not require a copy of the original Grand Theft Auto IV to play.
Very nice.

Love the new name. I remember the character being a pretty exaggerated guy (much like everybody else in the game) and if I have the cash to spare, I'll nab it. Wish I hadn't bought LaD and gone for the retail disc.

He's got Zew's laugh.

zwjg51.jpg

This game will probably be terrible, but I'm picking it up this week. Maybe inFamous too.

Now that Fallout 3 and Grand Theft Auto DLC is coming out on disc, do you guys think there's any chance we'll see a best of XBLA compilation disc sometime in the future. I'm thinking Braid, Bionic Commando: Rearmed, Street Fighter II HD, Geometry Wars, and Castle Crashers for $50.

[quote name='depascal22']Now that Fallout 3 and Grand Theft Auto DLC is coming out on disc, do you guys think there's any chance we'll see a best of XBLA compilation disc sometime in the future. I'm thinking Braid, Bionic Commando: Rearmed, Street Fighter II HD, Geometry Wars, and Castle Crashers for $50.[/QUOTE]

If they did do another XBLA disc, it wouldn't all good stuff.

And besides, Geometry Wars is already on the first Arcade Unplugged disc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back