General Gaming Thread ∞

Status
Not open for further replies.
I designed my first forza 3 car!

DEWALT.jpg

HANDI.jpg

lololololol MURICA

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']I'd prefer that to be Tactics or Vagrant Story honestly.[/QUOTE]
No, They just need to get FF7 out of the way so everyone stops asking about it...

I kind of want to get Siren: Blood Curse..... but I really don't want to spend the $30 they are asking for it.

Finished COD4 last night. Infinity Ward knows how to do action set pieces. Now whether I should play Multiplayer before MW2 drops....

[quote name='Shrapnellistic']@ corrosivefrost
I've seen it used both ways here and it didn't have any context behind it. :booty:[/QUOTE]

I'm just giving you flak. I don't think I've ever seen it as bored... usually "must have", "do want", or "goddamn she's hot." ;)

[quote name='Nelo Ice']halo waypoints up if ur in the xbl preview

i just tried it and unlocked full odst armor and a halo monitor prop![/QUOTE]

sounds like i'll have to try it solely for the free shit. ;)

I'll give that a try right now I guess.

I've been playing some more Borderlands this morning and I just got to Level 49. I need 183,000 XP to get to Level 50. I think I can do it by the end of today, but it'll take a few hours.

EDIT: Hey, look at that! All 11 Waypoint Avatar Awards were unlocked :p

Borderlands is a good game but I can't believe some people are calling it "Game of the Year" at this point well until they get their hands on Modern Warfare 2.. and then Left 4 Dead 2.. and then..

[quote name='JuliusC']Borderlands is a good game but I can't believe some people are calling it "Game of the Year" at this point well until they get their hands on Modern Warfare 2.. and then Left 4 Dead 2.. and then..[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

L4D2 wasn't even GOTY when it was released the first time. What makes you think a year (and the arrival of MW2) will make any difference?

[quote name='Brak']Die, dallow. Die.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='pete5883']dallow, I've come to wish you an unhappy birthday.[/QUOTE]Thanks, got both references. At least I hope Brak was referencing it. :D

Thanks to everyone else as well.

---------

Is the Best Buy glitch real, fake, or not to be talked about?

Also, DJ Hero is excellent.

Has anyone managed to get the final critical hit on
Lazaravic
with a grenade? I was trying last night and it crashed the game both times, then I just gave up trying.

Once the grenades start flying at Drake I don't like running backwards and shooting anymore, so I had been saving up a full cache of grenades for that sequence but the game really doesn't like it. :headache:

I wonder if Gamestop is taking a hit on the pre-order side, with Amazon pulling out all the deals on pre-orders.

I mean an extra in-game map or something doesn't really compare to $10 credit, at least not for me. Plus Amazon's prices on new games are usually lower as well.

[quote name='dallow']Ah sweet.

GoWIII demo tonight.
I'll share the account info when I get it.[/QUOTE]

The info should probably be spread by PM this time so the account doesnt get hijacked like last time.

Who is Dominus and why should I want a kratos skin of him?

[quote name='h3llbring3r']Has anyone managed to get the final critical hit on
Lazaravic
with a grenade? I was trying last night and it crashed the game both times, then I just gave up trying.

Once the grenades start flying at Drake I don't like running backwards and shooting anymore, so I had been saving up a full cache of grenades for that sequence but the game really doesn't like it. :headache:[/QUOTE]

At that point the best method I found was to run in a close circle and try to lead him over that huge tree root over and over again. The shot is easy to make and he's not likely to hit you.
Never really bothered with grenades; would have been a lot easier if his own grenades hurt him.

[quote name='tiredfornow']What glitch, dallow? Talk about it all you want![/QUOTE]Their B2G1 deal. Glitch to get the most expensive game free. It just has to be scanned either first or second. Random.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']:rofl:

L4D2 wasn't even GOTY when it was released the first time. What makes you think a year (and the arrival of MW2) will make any difference?[/QUOTE]

You mean L4D? It DID get re-released as Left 4 Dead:GOTY Edition but anyways.... I wasn't talking about from a critics' stand point I was talking about gamers on forums.

On this forum first everyone was all about Uncharted 2, and then it went to Borderlands, then it's going to be MW2 and then L4D2, I'm just saying people need to stop over hyping shit. Borderlands is an awesome game but not GOTY worthy that's all. :cool:

[quote name='tiredfornow']Oh, I see.

You should do the PMing thing for the GoWIII demo so we atleast have a chance before someone jacks it like the BL demo. :whistle2:|[/QUOTE]
My buddy just picked up Demon's Souls for $10 (two Rock Revolutions) so it works today still.

Who's at the PS3?
I can PM the info to non-lurkers.

[quote name='dallow']My buddy just picked up Demon's Souls for $10 (two Rock Revolutions) so it works today still.

Who's at the PS3?
I can PM the info to non-lurkers.[/QUOTE]

but the glitch is completely random is it not?

Everyone who's had it work is like west bumblefuck from what I've been reading people in or near "major" cities did not get it to work

I didn't even know about the glitch, but I'm not going to chance it.

Got to Level 50 in Borderlands! Now back to Ratchet, Mario & Luigi, and Lost Odyssey.

From the BB thread

OKAY, HERE'S THE DEAL ON THE EXPLOIT:

Earlier today I tried using 2 PS3 Rock Revolutions and a 360 Beatles Rockband and it didn't work.

After work I went back and took two seperate stacks of games to the registers and here's how things have to work. You CANNOT have 2 of the same UPCs on the transaction. At least not RR on PS3 because this time I gave him a 360 RR, Beatles Rockband, and then a PS3 RR. I was very upfront in telling him how they needed to be scanned and it worked like a charm. He said "You just got a $60 game for free" and I said yeah anyone can do it and he was blown away.

Now the next stack didn't go so well. I had another PS3 RR, FIFA 10, and NFL Tour. Now the NFL Tour had a tag saying $19.99 but had a handwritten "9.99" over it. Well it initially zeroed out FIFA 10 but I was being charged $25 total. When I pointed out that the NFL Tour should be $9.99, he changed it but then when he re-totaled it I was getting RR for free. I then had to go find a $9.99 that actually rings up that way so NO MODIFICATIONS can be made on any prices manually or it will zero out the cheapest one.

I swear it was my lucky day. It was a new hire wearing a white shirt and he was totally down with it. My friend came in and met me there and he did it twice as well with the same guy.

Simply brilliant.

I think I mentioned earlier that I have a personal vendetta against Best Buy for a very good reason so my conscious is crystal clear.

I just took a quick walk to the best buy and um yeah the cashier went out of her way to get LBP out of the sandwich of RR for 360 and PS3 I think BB is starting to know what's up.

I played it off like I wanted to switch the game and then just left, lol

[quote name='JuliusC']I just took a quick walk to the best buy and um yeah the cashier went out of her way to get LBP out of the sandwich of RR for 360 and PS3 I think BB is starting to know what's up.

I played it off like I wanted to switch the game and then just left, lol[/QUOTE]

When you put your game stack down, make sure you put them UPC side up and fan them out for quick scanning.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']When you put your game stack down, make sure you put them UPC side up and fan them out for quick scanning.[/QUOTE]

I didn't put them UPC side up but I did lay them down as you said she picked up all 3 at the same time and set down the two RR underneath her and then went ahead and scanned LBP, as soon as that happened I knew I was at the wrong BB for this lol.

What I did find odd is that at 2:00 PM they were stocking the shit out of the gaming section. There must have been at least 8-10 BB employees in black shirts marking off and stocking inventory.

I just found it odd that they'd do it in the middle of the day during the "busiest" time, lunch time.

[quote name='dallow']My buddy just picked up Demon's Souls for $10 (two Rock Revolutions) so it works today still.

Who's at the PS3?
I can PM the info to non-lurkers.[/QUOTE]
I'll take a PM of the info please.

Dear GGT:

Besides the new Ratchet&Clank and Demons Souls, are there any other recently released PS3 only games worth attempting the BB glitch with?

Keep in mind I already have Uncharted 2.

[quote name='dallow']Like Katamari at all?[/QUOTE]

Yes I do.

My problem with Katamari Forever is that I own every domestically released Katamari game already, and the I read KF takes stages from previous games.

PM me dallow! :)

Yeah the BB thing is pretty random. Plus, my local BB is tight fisted over shenanigans. I got comparable savings at Amazon thanks to ECA, promo credits, and other discounts/credits, so it's all good.

I think my 360 is dead again... it froze in the middle of a race during Forza 3. I guess I should be thankful it didn't wait until Dragon Age came out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back