General Gaming Thread ∞

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Bioshocked360']That part only took me 2-3 tries, but the server room was a little frustrating. I loved the game though.[/quote]

I had less trouble in the server room... that was at least a little timing and a little luck. The getting out the van thing was just random -- and every strategy/video I found for it had the player snapping the neck of the first guy with his back turned, stealing his gun, and mowing down the few people on the way to the pipe.

Wow, I never did it like that.

As soon as you get out, turn around and go through the back (this hallway is empty), stick to the left walls, and that's it.
You'll get detected as you're running inside there but it really doesn't matter as there's no one.

There's literally one guy to face.
It's definitely not random as I did it lots of times. They always get alerted in the same spot, the same guy is always waiting for me, and I give him the same kick. (sometimes I slide, to be :cool: )

Did you ever clear your PM box, daylo?

I gotta come up there at some point next time I have business in the area for some street fighter. You play it with any of your people locally?

Oh, oops, I'll clear it when I get home.
Nah, no one around here plays SF that I know personally.
If you have a stick that works, bring it, I just have a basic one.

This MacHeist software bundle got awesome.

There's this program called Delicious Library that puts together a virtual...well, library...of your books, cds, games. Uses the iSight camera to scan the UPC of the item and downloads the cover art and info, putting it into your library.

Total OCD enabling software. I want my frickin' license so I can add more items.

The Van and server room definitely were the hardest parts for me. I was also irritated when I thought she would grab a ledge and then just fall to her doom >.>

I wanted to like it also (neat concept), but by the time I finished all the chapters, I was too irritated to play the game anymore and returned it. Maybe it was the fact that I tried to do the "no gun" run the first time through, or the fact that the cutscenes looked....odd.

Ooh, got someone phishing for my Steam account.

Never tell your password to anyone.
Automatic Messages System Hello,i am from Valve Corporations , we have identified two or more ips logging on to this account. This may be due to a hacker. In order to verify your account information, we will need your Steam login and password in the following format: Username-Password. If you do not verify your account now, it will be permanently banned
OatmealMu: uh...
OatmealMu: gofuck-yourself
Automatic Messages System is now Offline.

Sweet, got a second chance offer on that UK MGS4 that dallow linked me to.

Got it sent to the states for £19.15.

Sexy. :drool:

!BPbgiF!BWk~$(KGrHgoH-DEEjlLl1RtcBJzoPoiuKw~~_12.JPG

Bought Alien Hominid while it was still on sale , and before I forgot about it. Maybe its just because I hadn't played it in a while but damn is that game hard.

[quote name='StarKnightX']Bought Alien Hominid while it was still on sale , and before I forgot about it. Maybe its just because I hadn't played it in a while but damn is that game hard.[/quote]

Nah.

The game is a beast.

I've used XBL chat when I've played PS3 and GGPO online. I know people used it when they'd play Smash Bros. Brawl online.

XBL is just an all around nice service, and maybe someday Sony will have things like party chat. I'd trade Home for party chat right now.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']I've used XBL chat when I've played PS3 and GGPO online. I know people used it when they'd play Smash Bros. Brawl online.

XBL is just an all around nice service, and maybe someday Sony will have things like party chat. I'd trade Home for party chat right now.[/QUOTE]

I'd trade Home to ban Voice Chat all together or make a STFU button mandatory in all games.

[quote name='distgfx']I'd trade Home to ban Voice Chat all together or make a STFU button mandatory in all games.[/QUOTE]

It's less of a deal on PS3 because nobody has mics. ;) On XBL, I'm always in a party chat, so I never talk to other people I play with.

VF5 on 360 was sweet, because NOBODY talked. So I just cranked some music.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']It's less of a deal on PS3 because nobody has mics. ;) On XBL, I'm always in a party chat, so I never talk to other people I play with.

VF5 on 360 was sweet, because NOBODY talked. So I just cranked some music.[/QUOTE]

People have mics in killzone 2, that's a serious problem. None of the options will allow you turn it off either unless you host a server. I don't wanna have to mute my TV, I still want to hear all the action, just not the people.

EDIT: Just another problem to add to KZ2's MP.

[quote name='distgfx']People have mics in killzone 2, that's a serious problem. None of the options will allow you turn it off either unless you host a server. I don't wanna have to mute my TV, I still want to hear all the action, just not the people.

EDIT: Just another problem to add to KZ2's MP.[/quote]

Just mute the fuckers.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Just mute the fuckers.[/QUOTE]

Every damned time, every damned game? Just gimme a STFU button or way to mute it permanently.

People talking don't bother me in KZ2...I just turn on my mic and leave it on the floor.

The main thing that bugs me is no party system...or if there is one I don't know how to use it.

[quote name='whoknows']People talking don't bother me in KZ2...I just turn on my mic and leave it on the floor.

The main thing that bugs me is no party system...or if there is one I don't know how to use it.[/QUOTE]

My mic's too damned sensitive, I turn it on and no matter where I put it, it still makes noise. I'm caring less and less though.

[quote name='whoknows']Put a pillow on it?[/QUOTE]

Did that, put it in my closet too under my clothes, nadda. I was surprised it was picking up noise in the fucking closet. Might as well break the mic itself and just use it to mute everyone.

I don't mind no party since all players seem to share the same chat line unless in squads. I mainly hate when people don't play their jobs correctly. Let's just say TMK is not the best tactitian.

the PA games are great I'm sure, but I can't really play them seeing as I never like PA at all in the first place ever.

[quote name='distgfx']Did that, put it in my closet too under my clothes, nadda. I was surprised it was picking up noise in the fucking closet. Might as well break the mic itself and just use it to mute everyone.[/QUOTE]
You know, the official PS3 bluetooth headset has a mute button. It's pretty sweet.
[quote name='RelentlessRolento']I don't mind no party since all players seem to share the same chat line unless in squads. I mainly hate when people don't play their jobs correctly. Let's just say TMK is not the best tactitian.

the PA games are great I'm sure, but I can't really play them seeing as I never like PA at all in the first place ever.[/QUOTE]
I do, since when I play with friends a party system would make it so we're always on the same team and join the game at the same time. Not one of us joins a game and the other is like "find another, that one is full now"

Resistance 2 did it right.

[quote name='whoknows']You know, the official PS3 bluetooth headset has a mute button. It's pretty sweet.

I do, since when I play with friends a party system would make it so we're always on the same team and join the game at the same time. Not one of us joins a game and the other is like "find another, that one is full now"

Resistance 2 did it right.[/quote]

start your own game and ahead of time let everyone know what team you will be on with balancing off. that way all games you will be on with your buds.

[quote name='whoknows']You know, the official PS3 bluetooth headset has a mute button. It's pretty sweet.[/QUOTE]

Wait, wait, is that button to mute the ear piece itself or the mic? I never found out. If it actually mutes the mic, then I'm in!

Penny Arcade on sale makes me sad. Not because I bought it. But because I bought it months ago, forgot about it, and haven't made much more progress than you could in the demo.

for some reason im having a trouble beating steam sales...i just picked up tomb raider anniversary :bomb:

well to make myself not feel that guilty im going to go with the excuse i picked up my 1st ever paycheck(for being a tutor)

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']start your own game and ahead of time let everyone know what team you will be on with balancing off. that way all games you will be on with your buds.[/QUOTE]

More trouble than it should be. With how big of a game KZ2 is, I'm surprised it doesn't have a party system.

[quote name='distgfx']Wait, wait, is that button to mute the ear piece itself or the mic? I never found out. If it actually mutes the mic, then I'm in![/QUOTE]

Yep, it mutes you.

[quote name='jer7583']so, I bought this:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...aptop&lp=3&type=product&cp=1&id=1218044029788

I guess it's supposed to run games pretty well but I have no clue about this stuff anymore. I'm thinking about getting Company of Heroes.[/QUOTE]

I wonder what the correlation is between negative attitudes towards the pricepoint of the PS3 and one's purchase of computers based on their gaming capabilities?

;)

FWIW, I did get my very first games on my computer the other week. As a part of the $39 MacHeist bundle, I got World of Goo and a set of classic board games from Freeverse. But I don't spend $800, nor $1500 to play games.

Though I've been known to play a game of Red Hot Pawn now and again.

Just go to Settings > Audio Device Settings > Bluetooth Headset and where you can adjust the sensitivity you can turn it 'Off' which is what I have to do in lobbies of games since Sony couldn't of been bothered to put a parental control setting to mute incoming VOIP.

lol just watched Lady Gaga's American Idol performance.

Jesus Christ.

What was the worst part? The epileptic dancing? The costume? The eye patch with a zipper? Her penis?

[quote name='mykevermin']I wonder what the correlation is between negative attitudes towards the pricepoint of the PS3 and one's purchase of computers based on their gaming capabilities?

;)

FWIW, I did get my very first games on my computer the other week. As a part of the $39 MacHeist bundle, I got World of Goo and a set of classic board games from Freeverse. But I don't spend $800, nor $1500 to play games.

Though I've been known to play a game of Red Hot Pawn now and again.[/QUOTE]

My absurd $1300 tax refund was going towards a laptop and this one was the best bang for the buck I could find. The Video card is a nice plus.

This computer does a million more things better than a PS3 does. I don't see any correlation there. The PS3 is still a worthless device to me, even if it was half price.

I thought about getting a mac cause I like them but I probably would have had to have spent about $300 more. I'll stick that money in the bank, thanks.

[quote name='jer7583']My absurd $1300 tax refund was going towards a laptop and this one was the best bang for the buck I could find. The Video card is a nice plus.

This computer does a million more things better than a PS3 does. I don't see any correlation there. The PS3 is still a worthless device to me, even if it was half price.[/QUOTE]

absurd meaning high, right? you never know what folks are expecting from their returns.

Of course you don't see any correlation there. You just paid double the price of a PS3 to play games.

Wait, the fuck? Chinatown Wars came out?

Why haven't I heard anyone say anything, positive or negative, about it?

My PS3 is so unloved. I think maybe this summer I'll pick up some more of the games I want to play for it (Uncharted, Ratchet, um...Sigma?)

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Wait, the fuck? Chinatown Wars came out?

Why haven't I heard anyone say anything, positive or negative, about it?

My PS3 is so unloved. I think maybe this summer I'll pick up some more of the games I want to play for it (Uncharted, Ratchet, um...Sigma?)[/QUOTE]

Unless you hate GTA I'd really recommend chinatown wars. I've been playing it on breaks at work and when my roommate drives. One of the best DS games I've played. It feels like a quick and fun but real GTA game. The graphics are awesome for DS and there's a real feeling of 3D physics in the game, which I did not expect at all. Drug dealing is fun, too. Touch Screen parts are fun too.

[quote name='mykevermin']absurd meaning high, right? you never know what folks are expecting from their returns.

Of course you don't see any correlation there. You just paid double the price of a PS3 to play games.[/QUOTE]

Absurd considering last year I didn't work except for about 5 months. I wasn't expecting much of anything back.

I paid double the price of the PS3 for a computer that also plays games. I didn't have a working computer before this.

Played some RE5 Mercenaries Mode online tonight (with a random person) and it was pretty fun. We had to play the level twice though because the first time he died. We both knew what we were doing, but the mini-boss of that level was
THOSE MOTHER-fuckING ROACHES!
. But we unlocked what we had to and now Mercenaries will become much easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back