General Gaming Thread ∞

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='RelentlessRolento']if ur not too much of an ass, get Patapon 2 as well...

I want to get it but I'm actually holding out for the PSN release.[/QUOTE]

Patapon fuck-en SUCKS.

I hated the first one. Typical over stylized visuals making up for boring gameplay. Trying to stay awake between pushing the same 3-4 buttons every few seconds.. meh.

[quote name='jer7583']Patapon fuck-en SUCKS.

I hated the first one. Typical over stylized visuals making up for boring gameplay. Trying to stay awake between pushing the same 3-4 buttons every few seconds.. meh.[/quote]
I'm pretty sure the gameplay isn't what the draw is. I've heard it is building up your army and collecting better loot and the rock, paper, scissors gameplay is just there to support the preparation aspect. I've only played the demo and thought it was rather compelling, I'd pick it up if it was cheaper.

[quote name='Ha429rout']Anyone play the new Wolverine game yet?? I Love it, it's so goood![/quote]
Really? I've been hearing a lot of good things about it. I wasn't to fond of the demo - but I'll probably rent it due to all the good things I've heard about it.

@E3 related - did not get my E3 pass today! Now I'm starting to get nervous. Hope it arrives!

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']yeah, normally a thing like this would piss me off if I dropped a manual in the toilet but the virtual manual is there... i like having manuals for completest sake, but I try and not be anal.

oh and fuck yes!

http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/dor/objec...mption/videos/reddead_trl_wildwest_50509.html

it looks like GTAIV on horses, but to me that's a huge plus.[/quote]

Oh hell yea! Thanks for stating what it is like. I always thought it was different, so I was ignoring the posts about it. Looks awesome!

[quote name='jer7583']Patapon fuck-en SUCKS.

I hated the first one. Typical over stylized visuals making up for boring gameplay. Trying to stay awake between pushing the same 3-4 buttons every few seconds.. meh.[/quote]

:lol: I was very much expecting this response.

I need to play my copy of Sly 2 before infamous comes out. I hear that infamous has a lot of similarities to it, since they're from the same dev and all.

[quote name='tiredfornow']holy crap. inFamous is awesome. can't wait.[/quote]Is that the double truth, Ruth?

At first I wasn't digging the game but that was because I really didn't know how to use him. I set the game to medium and kept dying. :(
Then figured out little strategies (like peeking over the edges of buildings) and comboing his powers, or learning how to "skate" on wires and train tracks.

I really like how the powers are different depending if you're a hero, or a thug.
I'll probably get this.

[quote name='Maklershed']:bomb:

I want it.[/quote]You can borrow my babymachine when I'm done. :]

[quote name='dallow']Is that the double truth, Ruth?

At first I wasn't digging the game but that was because I really didn't know how to use him. I set the game to medium and kept dying. :(
Then figured out little strategies (like peeking over the edges of buildings) and comboing his powers, or learning how to "skate" on wires and train tracks.

I really like how the powers are different depending if you're a hero, or a thug.
I'll probably get this.[/quote]The whole truth and nothing but the truth. I like the way the character controls and how he kind of latches on to whatever you jump near. Yeah, I kept dying too, but once I figured out how to really take advantage of the shockwave and lightning bolt shit became fun. The game doesn't chug or drop when intense shit is going on either.

I'll be buying it and enjoying the beta as well. :cool:

Thanks again, thats what I needed to throw me over the fence. :]

Talking yesterday about Sacred 2 being multi-plat w/ lead on the PS3 has me wondering what other games are like that? Frisky, Dallow, anyone? I feel like that's a unique situation but maybe I'm wrong.

Mirror's Edge and Assassin's Creed supposedly.
Being lead doesn't always work as you can tell from the latter.

I do believe more games are done this way now as it's much easier to port from PS3 to 360 and get equal results.

[quote name='Ha429rout']Anyone play the new Wolverine game yet?? I Love it, it's so goood![/quote]

Played it, beat it. Bleh.

Game sets super monotonous. I eventually got tired of slicing the same fucking things for the billionth time and threw enemies off ledges or looked for environmental kills.

[quote name='Maklershed']:bomb:

I want it.[/quote]

Me too.

I even liked the Klonoa GBA games.

[quote name='manthing']Played it, beat it. Bleh.

Game sets super monotonous. I eventually got tired of slicing the same fucking things for the billionth time and threw enemies off ledges or looked for environmental kills.

Me too.

I even liked the Klonoa GBA games.[/quote]

I love it and it sounds so cooool : P

[quote name='dallow']Mirror's Edge and Assassin's Creed supposedly.
Being lead doesn't always work as you can tell from the latter.

I do believe more games are done this way now as it's much easier to port from PS3 to 360 and get equal results.[/quote]

I've played Assassin's Creed on both platforms from start to finish. I never once stopped during my 360 playthrough and said, "this is so much better/worse than the PS3 version."

[/quote]

The "levels" are too long. Enemies are unbalanced too. I can't cut the machete master in half with a quick kill immediately and he gives me like 600xp but I can cut the robot drones in half immediately and they give me 1500xp? fucked up.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']You're gonna let him borrow Keyblade? :whistle2:s Linkin's gonna be heartbroken. :whee:[/quote]She can't have children, ya big dickjerkhead. :cry:

[quote name='Maklershed']"babymachine" :)[/quote]:)

Ok, you can borrow WiiSki, too.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']I've played Assassin's Creed on both platforms from start to finish. I never once stopped during my 360 playthrough and said, "this is so much better/worse than the PS3 version."[/quote]I only played the PS3 version and stopped because the framerate and tearing was so terrible and took me out of the game more than others with bad tearing (RE5, Uncharted). (plus i got a little bored)
I assumed it was a little better on 360 (most people said so anyway).

[/quote]

After playing the demo thats what worried me about the full game, I thought once the novelty of slicing people up wore off it might get a bit "samey", I'll prolly still pick it up once it hits the $25-$20 or less range.

[quote name='dallow']I only played the PS3 version and stopped because the framerate and tearing was so terrible and took me out of the game more than others with bad tearing (RE5, Uncharted). (plus i got a little bored)
I assumed it was a little better on 360 (most people said so anyway).[/quote]

I don't tend to notice that shit unless it's absolutely gamebreaking, as I tend to play my games instead of watch them. ;)

I know, I could still 'play' it. ;)
But the awesome animation of running from rooftop to rooftop, or doing the eagle eye thing where the camera pans around you was just a little bit ruined by that.
The camerea always juttered and tearing would slice up the view. :(

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']I'm not sure what the fuck an inFamous is. I don't think I've ever even seen a screen.[/quote]

It's Crackdown + Lightning - Agility Orbs

[quote name='KingBroly']It's Crackdown + Lightning - Agility Orbs[/quote]

Now I'm more interested! Someone share the demo with me!

[quote name='dallow']I know, I could still 'play' it. ;)
But the awesome animation of running from rooftop to rooftop, or doing the eagle eye thing where the camera pans around you was just a little bit ruined by that.
The camerea always juttered and tearing would slice up the view. :([/quote]

Did you play it after it was patched or just at release?

The one thing I noticed in the 360 version was sort of like you speak with the eagle eyes... but more disturbingly there was some bad clipping.

Frosty.
Hmm, I played it around release for a couple weeks.
I'm not quite sure if it was patched when I played it. I'll pop it in and give it a go tonight.
I did like what I played for the most part, I just had too many games and it fell through the cracks as it didn't hold my attention that strongly. I've meant to finish it "one of these days".

---

Crazy new Katamari trailer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrw6i6X6I4I

[quote name='dallow']Frosty.
Hmm, I played it around release for a couple weeks.
I'm not quite sure if it was patched when I played it. I'll pop it in and give it a go tonight.
I did like what I played for the most part, I just had too many games and it fell through the cracks as it didn't hold my attention that strongly. I've meant to finish it "one of these days".

---

Crazy new Katamari trailer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrw6i6X6I4I[/quote]

I know when I played it, I had to download a patch first -- it was probably in Jan/Feb of 08 ... so maybe the patch fixed some of the graphics -- then again, you've a more *trained* eye for that sort of thing than I do, so you may be disappointed.

So there's a skype app that works on newer ipod touches.

I'm currently considering buying an iphone.

Cost aside, what benefits would there be to an iphone over an ipod touch w/ skype?

[quote name='mykevermin']So there's a skype app that works on newer ipod touches.

I'm currently considering buying an iphone.

Cost aside, what benefits would there be to an iphone over an ipod touch w/ skype?[/quote]

Skype only works over wifi on iPhones.

Unless you need/want a new cell phone and $75+ monthly bill, just get the touch.

PSN fucking stinks.

It's update day, and so far all we officially know about is a new BUZZ! trivia pack.

fuck off and die SCEA.

Skype works on 3G with the 3.0 FW.

I use Frinq on my iPhone. It was the first skype app.
Since the phone is jailbroken, I can make 3G/Edge Skype calls on it as well.

Saves me minutes when I'm running low.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back