General Gaming Thread ∞

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Mr. Anderson']Sweet lawd a five dollar Arcade game?

Never thought I'd see that again.[/QUOTE]

i read somewhere all the sega games are gonna be 400 points as well
if thats the case definitely picking up gunstar heroes and i think it comes out the week after e3

edit:yep june 10th for everything but sonic and knuckles
http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/58854

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='zewone']This has nothing to do with Japan, fighting games, or RPGs. Wrong thread.[/QUOTE]

Seconded.

Can anyone recommend some good hentai up ins? :drool:

Hahahaha, sweetness! Our big ass group of people barely got called in for any cases then we got our end of day clearance at 2:30! Jury Duty done!

I promptly got lost right after and spent a good 20-30 minutes backtracking because the freeways tricked me :(

[quote name='Nelo Ice']i read somewhere all the sega games are gonna be 400 points as well
if thats the case definitely picking up gunstar heroes and i think it comes out the week after e3

edit:yep june 10th for everything but sonic and knuckles
http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/58854[/QUOTE]

The most winful part of this IMO.

"Picking up where Sonic the Hedgehog 3 left off, players can now play as Knuckles for the first time. In addition, if players already have Sonic the Hedgehog 3 or Sonic 2 in their library, they will be able to access the lock-on bonus content for each game for the very first time since the days of the SEGA GENESIS! This allows for gamers to play Sonic 2 & 3 as Knuckles!"

fuck... I have to meet my dean this monday for a private meeting this monday, most likely during the konami press conference... >_<

I'll at least get to watch the MS one.

When's Konami's?

[quote name='BackInBlack']The most winful part of this IMO.[/QUOTE]

I have all the originals :cool:

People have been throwing around the term "innovative" since Nintendo got into non-gaming, but the Sonic & Knuckles cartridge, now that's something that actually was innovative.

Holy shit the Steam deals are awesome this week.

I got UT3, Trials 2, Freedom Force pack, and Splinter Cell DA for just over $25.

[quote name='BackInBlack']The most winful part of this IMO.[/QUOTE]

I can play Sonic 2/3 & Knuckles on my Wii with the Mega Collection. That second quote is a lie!

[quote name='whoknows']I have all the originals :cool:

People have been throwing around the term "innovative" since Nintendo got into non-gaming, but the Sonic & Knuckles cartridge, now that's something that actually was innovative.[/QUOTE]

Sonic 3 was actually supposed to be Sonic 3 + S&K.

They cut it in half and then sold the other half to us later. Very innovative.

[quote name='whoknows']Since you're completely missing the point, I'm just going to say sure.[/QUOTE]

No, it's true.

Sonic and Knuckles was a ripoff, you just weren't smart enough to notice it.

Good game though.

Goddamn gonna play some TF2

Eh. Sonic 3 was definitely long enough for it to be sold on it's own. So was Sonic and Knuckles so I can see why they did that if it's true they broke up the games.

Point I was trying to make is being able to attach the previous three games to it was something new and different. Also pretty cool.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']http://news.prnewswire.com/ViewContent.aspx?ACCT=109&STORY=/www/story/05-29-2009/0005034792&EDATE=

Wolfenstein 3D hits XBLA and PSN next week for $5/400 space points. You'll earn items for the new Wolfenstein game through playing the old one.[/QUOTE]

They're doing another wolfenstein? Didn't they just remake the series a few years back with Return to Castle Wolfenstein? Then again wasn't Return mostly multiplayer focused? Maybe the new one will include a actual new campaign.

At $5 I'll probably pick up Wolf3D as well. Never did beat it , same with Doom (working on the XBLA version of that currently). Now if only they would give us Doom 2 on XBLA.

[quote name='Maklershed']http://www.egmnow.com/press1.html

:whee:[/QUOTE]

Nice.

Zen Pinball is surprisingly addicting. I keep signing on with the intentions to play inFamous and then I think .. ehh just a game or two of zen pinball first. And then two hours pass. :bomb:

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Whatever happned to Markman?[/QUOTE]

I'm here and there. Don't post much in here though.

I'm in the Fighter thread all the time though ;)

And RR hit it right on the button, busy like a Mana Knight!

I don't see a difference between terrorists and nazis :lol:

as for shooters, I think it's great that they are thriving now. controllers are nowadays built for them, I'm just wondering how long it will be until we see something else really take over.

One fad I don't mind seeing either living long or dying down is the plastic prehiperals craze that guitar hero somewhat boomed. I do think though that the tony hawk game is going to be having a huge downfall with that board.

I'm SO excited about EGM being back.

Any game magazine on the newsstands that isn't fucking Game Informer or GamePro is to be celebrated.

US enthusiast print press is a fucking joke. We can have 15+ bodybuilding or basketweaving magazines in barnes and noble, but the gaming section is like a choice been shit and poop.

[quote name='Nelo Ice']so star wars force unleashed worth $12.99?[/QUOTE]

If your a Star Wars fan , then I'd say between $10-$15 is a perfectly acceptable price for it. It's got plenty of fan bits in the game.

[quote name='Luftwaffles08']Do you hate falling off ledges? Then no.[/QUOTE]

I've heard lots of people mention this problem , but oddly enough I think i only fell off a cliff only like once or twice in the whole game.

I also enjoyed Force Unleashed, but I just rented. For that price though I'd check it out. I also don't remember falling off any ledges, to be honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back