General Gaming Thread ∞

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='RelentlessRolento']I loved Okami till I realized that the story keeps going... and going... it's the one game where the longevity of its length killed it for me.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I beat the boss I thought was the last boss and just got bored with it.

[quote name='KingBroly']Played some more Tales of Vesperia this morning. It makes me so mad that there is SO MUCH stuff in this game that is easily missable.[/QUOTE]
Agreed, it drove me nuts that I missed a so many titles just because I wasn't in the right place at the right time. And the fact the secret dungeon is so easily missed annoys me to no end.... This makes me want to play the game again but I'm holding out hope for the PS3 port.

[quote name='ZerotypeX']More than a 20 hour game of casual playing?[/QUOTE]

It took me around 35 hours to finish on the PS2, playing casually and doing a lot of side quests etc.

I didn't get tired of it at all. It was probably my favorite game last gen.

Help Me GGT. I want to take advantage of the Gamestop B2G1, but I need a third game:

I'm getting inFAMOUS, Red Faction Guerilla(360), and ...???

[quote name='manthing']Help Me GGT. I want to take advantage of the Gamestop B2G1, but I need a third game:

I'm getting inFAMOUS, Red Faction Guerilla(360), and ...???[/QUOTE]

The new Call of Juarez game, Fight Night Round 4, if you're buying new games make sure you get something new enough so it's not going to drop in price soon.

[quote name='benjamouth']The new Call of Juarez game, Fight Night Round 4, if you're buying new games make sure you get something new enough so it's not going to drop in price soon.[/QUOTE]

An UbiSoft game not dropping in price soon?

:rofl:

Already have FN4

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']Valkyrie Chronicles?[/QUOTE]

Had that for months silly.

And I already have BlazBlue

[quote name='manthing']An UbiSoft game not dropping in price soon?

:rofl:

[/QUOTE]

Yeah good point, I'm starting to think buying three $55 games at GS isn't the best value for money to get from the B2G1Fs.

Every time I do it it seems a week later I could have picked up said games cheaper elsewhere (Cheaper that the $33 or whatever they end up being).

Damn.

Looks like RFG is down to $45 at GS. I'll just use this week's 20% coupon for that.

Hopefully there will be a PS3 coupon starting tomorrow so I can get inFAMOUS

PS3 seems due for it's coupon.

[quote name='benjamouth']Yeah good point, I'm starting to think buying three $55 games at GS isn't the best value for money to get from the B2G1Fs.

Every time I do it it seems a week later I could have picked up said games cheaper elsewhere (Cheaper that the $33 or whatever they end up being).[/QUOTE]Yeah, I just use it on old, cheap games.

I plan on getting AC2 when it hits $30, so...3rd week or so given previous Ubi releases. Infamous too. I'm just trying to make my money go a bit further games wise these days, you know?

[quote name='manthing']Help Me GGT. I want to take advantage of the Gamestop B2G1, but I need a third game:

I'm getting inFAMOUS, Red Faction Guerilla(360), and ...???[/QUOTE]

The Bigs 2?
PRototye?
Sacred 2?

Or just get something new and sell it immediately.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Decided to hook up the Saturn and play some Dragon Force. Still a great game.[/QUOTE]
Takes a lot of save space though :/

So my cousin stopped by today. He's a manager at a Blockbuster upstate. So he's going to try and hook me up with a job down here. He said employees get 5 free rentals week. :D

Wow, I found my old copy of LEGO Alpha Team on the GBC and already I'm about halfway through it. It's not a bad puzzle game. I never got very far when I used to play it because I couldn't figure out how generators worked, but after playing training I'm just flying through it.

Anyone else ever play it? What are the timer settings? It just says L M or H, so I'm guessing it's like low, medium and hard. Keeps resetting itself to M though. Just happy the battery is still keeping my save data.

Bah, I planned to play Monkey Island today but never got around to it... On the bright side I just noticed Rei finally got rid of the lady gaga crap. I was tired of looking at that guy.

A disco stick is a penis.

I hate to admit it, but I'm really liking her singles aside from "Let's Dance".
My ladyfriend plays her all the time and I just really grew to enjoy it.

Reminds me of Peaches, but I'm sure everyone's made that comparison already.

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']Bah, I planned to play Monkey Island today but never got around to it... On the bright side I just noticed Rei finally got rid of the lady gaga crap. I was tired of looking at that guy.[/QUOTE]

Now he has power girl (whose outfit is pretty much the ultimate pandering to fans)

Prince of Persia is really kind of disappointing. Its not bad, I just expected more from it.

Rei no Otaku
user_offline.gif

Riding on a disco stick

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']Bah, I planned to play Monkey Island today but never got around to it... On the bright side I just noticed Rei finally got rid of the lady gaga crap. I was tired of looking at that guy.[/QUOTE]
I'm probably going to bring it back now. The only reason I kept it so long was because every time I was about to change it someone would mention how much they didn't like Lady Gaga. Well now look what you did? I gotta represent!

[quote name='BlueScrote']Now he has power girl (whose outfit is pretty much the ultimate pandering to fans)[/QUOTE]
I've always loved Power Girl XD She finally got her own series, hence my decision to use her as my avatar/sig.

[quote name='BlueScrote']Now he has power girl (whose outfit is pretty much the ultimate pandering to fans)[/QUOTE]
I swear that I was only looking at her br-eyes...

He has a nice ass.

Droplitz PC is $4.99 off Impulse.

I'm so confused...
A few days ago, my 360 essentially exploded, and it got RED RINGS ONCE. Now, I plugged it back in, transferred data to my new 120 GIG HD I got through a trade, downloaded what seemed like a new dashboard update, and everything seems to be running very smoothly.

What the fuck?

Ahhhh, I need to stop buying games. I've got about 9 games I haven't completed/played more than a few hours on because I keep wanting games. Damn you 360, damn you for making me buy a console which has so many games I wish to play.

On another note, Left 4 Dead is awesome.

My thoughts on NPD.

Can't believe Prototype (360) was the number 1 game last month.
PS3 owners chose inFamous instead and kept it in the top ten just barely (not bad for the second month)

No Ghostbusters is surprising. I thought it did a lot better.
Conduit didn't make the cut either but I didn't expect it to. Average gamer has no clue what that game is.

FNR4 360 vs PS3 was surprisngly close.

And no Wii Play!!!!!! Finally. I'm sure it'll be back though.

I literally fell asleep playing Prince of Persia. I don't think a game has ever done that.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']I've always loved Power Girl XD She finally got her own series, hence my decision to use her as my avatar/sig.[/QUOTE]

Now that I think about it the real super girl is just as bad with some artists. I wish dreamlandcomics would hurry up and ship my death of captain america books.

The only good thing about Prince of Persia is the graphics - some of those areas are downright beautiful, and very colorful and bright - after finishing them.

And it scratched that "collect all the glowing things" itch too. Otherwise kinda meh - and bad combat too.

What should I start next?

Red Faction Guerrilla
Resume playing The Witcher
The Conduit
Ico
Riddick 360
Re-start Fallout 3 or Mass Effect

Yeah I really need to play ICO. It's been sitting on the shelf for a year or more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back