General Gaming Thread ∞

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really like how easy it is to use the Best Buy trade in kiosks.
You just scan the games and go, and prices seem generally better than base GS prices.

However, since all the Dallas Gamestops have put a 50% bonus on any trade in, they're the better deal just barely.

Still, the Best Buy setup is really clean, fast, and easy.

However the used games they're selling are on the shelves wrapped in the ugliest yellow wrapping I've ever seen. They look so dirty but I'm sure the games are fine. Prices are a bit high though.

[quote name='ninja dog']how long was it? and whats your favorite expansion so far?[/QUOTE]
Probably took me around 4-5 hours to finish. It's probably my second favorite after Broken Steel. The items you get are awesome, and I really enjoyed the characters (random samurai, lol).

My complaints are that it's pretty linear, there isn't any dialogue or moral choices, and you can't explore the whole ship when you're done.

[quote name='Maklershed']Sony is now following me on Twitter :lol:[/QUOTE]

Not something to be proud of.

Smokey Bones following you on Twitter would be an accomplishment.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Anyone wanna gameshare Fat Princess and/or get a long-term group going?[/QUOTE]

I might be interested in the long-term group. (and/or sharing Fat Princess)

[quote name='Maklershed']Sony is now following me on Twitter :lol:[/QUOTE]

how exactly did you manage that one?

[quote name='ihadFG']I might be interested in the long-term group. (and/or sharing Fat Princess)[/QUOTE]

Jimbo I would be interested in a long term group. I prefer the leader buys all then everyone paypals to them instead of the I buy game X you buy game Y method, if it matters. Sent you a FR for some MvC2 action also.

I have no idea bluescrote. I would say its because I mentioned the PS3 via twitter but I did that a few times before and nothing had ever come of it. But I'll just stick with that theory.

[quote name='benjamouth']Hey Mak, are you going to start billing your self as "Sony's favourite CAG"
[/QUOTE]

Nah, Sony said it likes Dallow and Frisky more than me. :(

[quote name='manthing']
Smokey Bones following you on Twitter would be an accomplishment.[/QUOTE]

Well. It just so happens they followed me the other day and "twitted" "tweeted" (?) me this morning saying they'd send me food through the computer if they could. :lol:

LIPS #1 Hits track list looks hawtttttttttttttttt. I definitely want to pick that up.

2Pac feat. Dr. Dre and Roger Troutman - California Love
Akon - Don’t Matter
Aqua - Barbie Girl... Read More
Atomic Kitten - The Tide is High (Get the Feeling)
Beck - Loser
Black Eyed Peas - Don't Phunk With My Heart
Blondie - Heart of Glass
Bob Sinclar - Love Generation
Bobby McFerrin - Don't Worry, Be Happy
Colbie Caillat - Bubbly
Coldplay - Viva la Vida
Culture Club - Karma Chameleon
Cutting Crew - (I Just) Died in Your Arms
DJ Ötzi - Hey Baby
Extreme - More Than Words
Fergie - Big Girls Don’t Cry
Fine Young Cannibals - She Drives Me Crazy
James Morrison feat. Nelly Furtado - Broken Strings
Jason Mraz - I’m Yours
Kanye West - Heartless
Lady Gaga feat. Colby O’Donis - Just Dance
Lily Allen - The Fear
LL Cool J - Around The Way Girl
Mariah Carey - Touch My Body
Marvin Gaye - I Heard it Through the Grapevine
MC Hammer - U Can't Touch This
Nickelback - How You Remind Me
Pet Shop Boys - Always on My Mind
Plain White T's - Hey There Delilah
Rihanna - Disturbia
Robbie Williams - Millennium
Roxette - The Look... Read More
Roy Orbison - Oh, Pretty Woman
Scissor Sisters - I Don't Feel Like Dancin'
Sugababes - Push the Button
Tears for Fears - Everybody Wants to Rule the World
The Beach Boys - I Get Around
The Cardigans - Lovefool
Timbaland feat. OneRepublic - Apologize
Tokio Hotel - Ready, Set, Go!

I just watched the Ultimate Alliance 2 preview on the 360's dashboard. :drool:

I know it sounds crazy but I think it's my most anticipated game for the fall.

[quote name='seanr1221']I know it sounds crazy but I think it's my most anticipated game for the fall.[/QUOTE]

Doesn't sound crazy. It's one of mine, too. Looks great.

[quote name='seanr1221']I just watched the Ultimate Alliance 2 preview on the 360's dashboard. :drool:

I know it sounds crazy but I think it's my most anticipated game for the fall.[/QUOTE]

It might be mine too. Or Batman:AA.

Makes me feel real nerdy anticipating comic book games. Then again I have over $50 worth of trade paperback coming in the mail so I guess I should embrace my inner comic book guy.

If you have nothing to do, sure. But if you have a bunch of other stuff to play, I'd say just wait.

Speaking of stuff to play, help me pick what I should play before Batmang drops.

FEAR 2
Orange Box
Fallout Expansions (PL and MZ)

or

Pick up inFAMOUS/Killzone 2 with the gamestop coupon.

[quote name='seanr1221']I just watched the Ultimate Alliance 2 preview on the 360's dashboard. :drool:

I know it sounds crazy but I think it's my most anticipated game for the fall.[/QUOTE]
Not crazy at all. While it's not my most wanted game, it's definitely up there.

[quote name='BlueScrote']It might be mine too. Or Batman:AA.

Makes me feel real nerdy anticipating comic book games. Then again I have over $50 worth of trade paperback coming in the mail so I guess I should embrace my inner comic book guy.[/QUOTE]
My pull list is up to about 7 books a week right now...

I just got back from a Sony store near an outlet mall by me; It blows my mind that people are still paying $35 for blurays. I almost told some dude that he could get Ghostbusters for $15 at Amazon instead of $35 but I really don't think money was a problem for this guy since he had about 10 blurays in his arms....

I can't believe people are paying $400 for PS3s and will be paying $250 for PSP Gos later this year.

I guess that's just part of the Sony experience.

I never have paid more than $15 for a movie that wasn't a TV season. And rarely that.

Fable 2 is pretty good, not perfect, but I am enjoying it enough that I'll be finishing it.

Won't take you long. I did everything there was to do in the game except find all the Gargoyle dealies and it still probably didn't take me much more than 10 hours.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Is the first one worth tracking down to play at this point?[/QUOTE]
Somebody in the trading thread is selling it for $8 shipped. I've dealt with the guy before. Go get it for that price! His name is jcp followed by some random numbers...

Wow, the tracklist for Lips Number One Hits is fantastic.
I'll be trading in GRAW2, Dead Rising and some other junk game for a full preorder of either NHL10, MUA2 or Batman: AA. What do I choose?

[quote name='dallow']Marvel Ultimate Alliance sucks.
I won't touch it again. Buy mine, comes with Forza 2![/QUOTE]

What didn't you like about MUA Dallow ?

[quote name='Maklershed']The Club - worth $9.99?[/QUOTE]

I think so, but I think most 360 games are worth $9.99. It's quite an unusual game, it's almost plays like a 400m race when you pause every few steps to shoot someone in the head.

[quote name='benjamouth']What didn't you like about MUA Dallow ?[/QUOTE]
That even on a 55" screen, I had no clue what was going on with my tiny character. (was playing 4 player online).
The button mashing wasn't satisfying either.

Stopped playing after that dragon boss.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='dallow']That even on a 55" screen, I had no clue what was going on with my tiny character. (was playing 4 player online).

Stopped playing after that dragon boss.[/QUOTE]

Really, interesting. I know the characters get smaller for some of the boss fights but I didn't have a problem with it in the rest of the game (on my old crappy 42inch DLP).

There some slightly more complex moves you can do I think, but admittedly I played through it using Wolverine (my co-op buddy was Capt America) so I was mashing buttons a lot. So I take your point there. I'm a man of simpler tastes I guess ;)

[quote name='dallow']That even on a 55" screen, I had no clue what was going on with my tiny character. (was playing 4 player online).

Stopped playing after that dragon boss.[/QUOTE]

PM me some details.

Absolutely. I bought it for $15 and traded it back for the same price or more.
Its only a few hours long, but if you like getting high scores and such, the game might last you a lot longer.

Definitely, it's such a fun, unique experience. It feels like an arcade style racing game mixed with a FPS.

List of the first 21 games to be available on the Xbox On Demand service:

Assassin's Creed
Need for Speed: Most Wanted
Burnout Paradise
Perfect Dark Zero
Call of Duty 2
Prey
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
Rockstar Games Presents Table Tennis
Fight Night Round 3
SEGA Rally
Kameo: Elements of Power
Test Drive: Unlimited
LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga
Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Vegas
Mass Effect
Tomb Raider: Legend
Meet The Robinsons
Viva Piñata
MX vs. ATV Untamed
Viva Piñata 2: Trouble in Paradise
Need for Speed Carbon

I'll be interested to see how much they cost, there's nothing there that should be over $19.99, at most. A lot of them should be significantly less than that.

[quote name='seanr1221']If you have nothing to do, sure. But if you have a bunch of other stuff to play, I'd say just wait.

Speaking of stuff to play, help me pick what I should play before Batmang drops.

FEAR 2
Orange Box
Fallout Expansions (PL and MZ)

or

Pick up inFAMOUS/Killzone 2 with the gamestop coupon.[/QUOTE]

Anyone?

[quote name='Maklershed']Anything over $20 is insane .. which is why MS will prob charge $25 or $30. :lol:[/QUOTE]
Per somone in the beta, Viva Pinata 2 is $40 on the store. :cold:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back