General Gaming Thread ∞

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='corrosivefrost']Hey, how do you have been playing Tekken 6, friend-o? You're mighty lucky to have it 4 days early.

Does it feel sacreligeous to play Tekken on the 360?[/QUOTE]

Oh, I'm sorry, I borrowed zew's time traveling machine to play it. Same way he used it to play MW2 and know it's GOTY. :lol: We clearly were allowed to nominate games that haven't even come out yet using that logic, right?

EDIT: Oh ho ho ho ho! I get it! I'll just to do what the OTT does.

EDIT #2: Oh, don't forget MM's T6 launch party on Saturday where he'll be handing out free copies of T6 early as a prize! ;) *hint, hint*

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='DarkNessBear']I want it for Ayane, but I can't get past the new blood thing. The demo just didn't feel right.[/QUOTE]

Get past it. There's still blood, just not at much.

Just think of it, instead of tons of blood you get all the gameplay additions and the overall superior version of the game. I would prefer if it had the blood, but it's not like it affects the gameplay.

[quote name='whoknows']Get past it. There's still blood, just not at much.

Just think of it, instead of tons of blood you get all the gameplay additions and the overall superior version of the game. I would prefer if it had the blood, but it's not like it affects the gameplay.[/QUOTE]
I guess. It is just not as satisfying. BUT, Ayane is so dang cool!

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Zewone doesn't like Uncharted 2? Shock of the year.[/QUOTE]

He didn't? Really? First person I've seen who didn't.

[quote name='distgfx']He didn't? Really? First person I've seen who didn't.[/QUOTE]
Eh, who knows. All I've heard has been negatives from him. So I'm assuming no. He could like it, just being super nit picky.

[quote name='whoknows']I always play as Momiji online personally.

Ayane is my 2nd favorite. Still don't like Rachel :p[/QUOTE]

Ooo, who is Momiji? Didn't realize there were so many extra characters.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Zewone doesn't like Uncharted 2? Shock of the year.
[/QUOTE]

Just because I didn't fellate the game like you did, doesn't mean I didn't like. It's really hard for me to believe that people didn't think the latter half of the game was retarded. Ch. 1-15 were excellent, and there was good points from 16- the end, but the pacing was horrible, the stupid creatures/retards didn't make any sense, etc.

I'm kinda in between games right now trying desperately to find something to play until Tekken 6 hits. It's always sad when I look into my 200+ game library only to find nothing I want to play. Maybe I'll play the NiGHTS remake I picked up for the PS2.

so amazon added mw2 to my eca stacked order no probs though now can i add my $10 promo cert to be used on mw2?
guess i'll have to fire off another email to mention that and ask to switch it to release date delivery

GOTY so far is Batman. I have yet to play Uncharted 2 but it would take quite a bit to dethrone Batman, shit was amazing.

I don't even have any major complaints about the final battle.

[quote name='jer7583']Yeah - Uncharted 2 does have a not quite as stellar last half. The crossbow dudes were simply not fun to fight, and too many linear climbing bits. [/QUOTE]
You know, with a regular gun the crossbow guys weren't much fun, but once you picked up their crossbow they were pretty fun to pin.

I think the best thing about Uncharted 2 is that they have raised the bar for cinematic elements in games, so all other action games will get to steal a bit or two from it. Which a lot of games could sorely use.

[quote name='zewone']Just because I didn't fellate the game like you did, doesn't mean I didn't like. It's really hard for me to believe that people didn't think the latter half of the game was retarded. Ch. 1-15 were excellent, and there was good points from 16- the end, but the pacing was horrible, the stupid creatures/retards didn't make any sense, etc.[/QUOTE]

I knew you find some insignificant thing to complain about!

Good Job!

[quote name='Rodimus']I'm kinda in between games right now trying desperately to find something to play until Tekken 6 hits. It's always sad when I look into my 200+ game library only to find nothing I want to play. Maybe I'll play the NiGHTS remake I picked up for the PS2.[/QUOTE]

Sell some stuff. No reason to hold onto fluff.

[quote name='whoknows']I knew you find some insignificant thing to complain about!

Good Job![/QUOTE]

You're an idiot.

You haven't beat the game, so I don't know how you can tell me there aren't terrible paths in the story and bad pacing.

[quote name='zewone']You're an idiot.

You haven't beat the game, so I don't know how you can tell me there aren't terrible paths in the story and bad pacing.[/QUOTE]

Watch it guys. Everyone's guilty.

On the same note zew, don't judge whoknows cuz you havent met him in real life based off what you mean with U2.

I do agree though people need to be open to opposite opinions so guys don't be hatin on Zew. His opinion is just as valid as urs.

:grouphug:

p.s. why is the group hug image rainbow? lol

I'm at Chapter 21 or 22 I believe, and up until this point I haven't notice anything going downhill at 16.

It's all just you complaining for the sake of complaining.

[quote name='whoknows']I'm at Chapter 21 or 22 I believe, and up until this point I haven't notice anything going downhill at 16.

It's all just you complaining for the sake of complaining.[/QUOTE]

You're an idiot.

For the record Uncharted 2 is an excellent game that's not perfect. It also gets it's imaginary dick sucked by weird kids with assburgers. Which is very weird.

[quote name='zewone']That doesn't work on me, idiot.[/QUOTE]

You say that, but I just don't think it's true.

Go ahead and call me an idiot again. That'll make you feel better ;)

I was going to get Borderlands this weekend, but it doesn't sound that great a single player experience, and I don't like co-oping with randoms.

If it's about during the Thanksgiving B2G1F at GS, I might pick it up then, seeing as I have a lot of credit there.

[quote name='seanr1221']Borderlands has a lot of little, annoying issues.[/QUOTE]
It's just not that polished a game. From the static menu to the clunky controls.
Still, it's fun with a buddy or two and that's what matters most. Most games aren't perfect.............. like Uncharted 2 :cool:

If only Nintendo would release their ancient game 3D Picross in America this year... it'd be my GOTY. Guess 2010 is decided for.

You missed a lack of variety in enemies? No storage of items? Enemies glitching into walls? The same type of mission over and over? Zombie NPCs?

The game is fun, don't get me wrong, but it could use another coat of polish.

Oh yea and don't forget two of the worst things: your mission progress isn't saved if you play with someone further than you, and no 4 person vehicles. For a game that stresses co-op, I can't believe they let those things get by.

No trading items either, you just drop it. That only works with friends.
The loading screen is laughable too. Such an annoying splash screen.

The most annoying thing are the glitches and bugs though as you mentioned.
I saw a boss get stuck once which made the battle anti-climatic.
My friends have gotten stuck in the dumbest places because of that super floaty jump. (then it's up to me to go to a new area, and then come back again, wasting time since they can't force a respawn)

And man do I hate the vehicle controls.

Budge says it's GOTY though. ;)

The drop to trade is like an old school MMO.

Was playing Borderlands last night with my buddy. There are some issues, but overall we were having a blast. I think we played for like 5-6 hours or so. >_

[quote name='seanr1221']Oh yea and don't forget two of the worst things: your mission progress isn't saved if you play with someone further than you, and no 4 person vehicles. For a game that stresses co-op, I can't believe they let those things get by.[/QUOTE]

While I agree, 4 person vehicles would be nice, it's not like 2 people get left behind.

Grab another car.

So, how much longer will Sony keep manufacturing PS2's?

I'm guessing well into 2011? I need to grab another one soonish, in case mine ever dies.

Boy, there are SO MANY GAMES ON THE PS2 WORTH PLAYING. I just bought Jak X racing and I though it would have sucked, but it is a great spin off on one of my favorite series ever.

I also finally bought the third Sly Cooper game, yet to play it though.

Anybody still gaming on their PS2's?...Anyone pick up the new motorstorm arctic game?

[quote name='seanr1221']You missed a lack of variety in enemies? No storage of items? Enemies glitching into walls? The same type of mission over and over? Zombie NPCs?

The game is fun, don't get me wrong, but it could use another coat of polish.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='seanr1221']Oh yea and don't forget two of the worst things: your mission progress isn't saved if you play with someone further than you, and no 4 person vehicles. For a game that stresses co-op, I can't believe they let those things get by.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='dallow']No trading items either, you just drop it. That only works with friends.
The loading screen is laughable too. Such an annoying splash screen.

The most annoying thing are the glitches and bugs though as you mentioned.
I saw a boss get stuck once which made the battle anti-climatic.
My friends have gotten stuck in the dumbest places because of that super floaty jump. (then it's up to me to go to a new area, and then come back again, wasting time since they can't force a respawn)

And man do I hate the vehicle controls.

Budge says it's GOTY though. ;)[/QUOTE]

Y'all are just complaining for the sake of complaining. All games are perfect.

I kind of want to pick up Star Wars Force Unleashed Ultimate Sith Edition after watching Giantbomb's Guicklook of it. But I think I can wait for a deal on it...

[quote name='Persona7']So, how much longer will Sony keep manufacturing PS2's?

I'm guessing well into 2011? I need to grab another one soonish, in case mine ever dies.

Boy, there are SO MANY GAMES ON THE PS2 WORTH PLAYING. I just bought Jak X racing and I though it would have sucked, but it is a great spin off on one of my favorite series ever.

I also finally bought the third Sly Cooper game, yet to play it though.

Anybody still gaming on their PS2's?...Anyone pick up the new motorstorm arctic game?[/QUOTE]
I'm selling my PS2 at the moment, just put it up for sale here and ebay. It's a slim, mint condition, comes with the controller and memory card, cords, etc. Can check my list for it, and PM me if interested. ;)

[quote name='zewone']Y'all are just complaining for the sake of complaining. All games are perfect.[/QUOTE]
Not all games are perfect, but I have to admit, you guys really nit pick at things. :p

I wouldn't say actual bugs and glitches are nitpicking, those are real issues, but other stuff is minor, like the loading screen, floaty jump, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back